• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Not saying that I'd complain at all if skull kid was playable as a new unique zelda newcomer would definitely be welcome but I think skull kid/ majora would work best as a story mode boss fight, as has been suggested before. The fact that he was missing from the moon AT definitely raises suspicions as to whether he'll appear elsewhere but that doesn't necessarily mean him being playable. For a Zelda themed boss, he's far more iconic than Vaati and Pig Ganon already appears as Ganondorf's FS so it's very unlikely that he'd be the boss. The argument that he is 'too small' to be a boss' seems strikingly similar to the debunked argument that 'Ridley is too big'.
He could have been cut as an AT as his boss battle could play very differently than just having the moon crashing, like so:
His boss battle could feature multiple stage hazards like flaming meteors falling down onto the stage, puppets being summoned and he could use his previous AT attack where he flips the view of the stage or even flips the players controls. There'd very likely be a timer for the fight (which would help build a sense of tension similar to MM) and as the battle progresses, the frequency of flaming meteors falling could increase until finally the moon crashes similar to the moon AT but slowed down. His small size could be part of the challenge of the boss fight where you have to try and hit him while he floats around the stage and wails, summoning stage hazards. After enough hits, the second part of the boss fight could have you fighting Majora itself which could play out similar to the final boss battle in MM which I think would be epic.
Would also be amazing if this could happen on a clock-tower stage but I don't know if they'd go through the effort of making a whole clock-tower stage for a boss fight but you never know. Personally, I think this boss fight option would be more true to the character in Majora's mask whilst allowing you to fight both skull kid and Majora separately.
yeah but Ridley was downsized for a playable role, it's not like they're gonna up-size skull kid to be massive. also does toon link mean that link can't be in? then why does this mean if oot pig gannon is a final smash that LTTP pig gannon is deconfirmed as a boss

chandy

Smash Journeyman
yeah but Ridley was downsized for a playable role, it's not like they're gonna up-size skull kid to be massive. also does toon link mean that link can't be in? then why does this mean if oot pig gannon is a final smash that LTTP pig gannon is deconfirmed as a boss
I'm saying that just because he's smaller than previous bosses featured in smash, there's no rule at all that stage bosses have to be big and the fact that he's small would play into the challenge of the fight where you have to try and hit him as he floats around.
And yes, I suppose that aLTTP pig ganon could still get in, but he's less iconic and imo would make for a far less interesting boss fight than skull kid/ majora

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think by order of appearance is the only way they're displayed now. Which makes this odd. Skull Kid is the final character before Random. The implication there is that he's the final character to be revealed in the game, which is tough for me to believe.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying that just because he's smaller than previous bosses featured in smash, there's no rule at all that stage bosses have to be big and the fact that he's small would play into the challenge of the fight where you have to try and hit him as he floats around.
And yes, I suppose that aLTTP pig ganon could still get in, but he's less iconic and imo would make for a far less interesting boss fight than skull kid/ majora
Ehh I'd agrue Pig Gannon is very iconic, he's in almost every top down zelda, who are you to say he'd be less interesting, he would be really cool as boss. It would be really weird to have a really small boss as skull kid, i just don't see it happening, he makes more sense as a fighter.

I think by order of appearance is the only way they're displayed now. Which makes this odd. Skull Kid is the final character before Random. The implication there is that he's the final character to be revealed in the game, which is tough for me to believe.
"We made including every single fighter ever our number one goal, so I'm kind of hoping you're not expecting too many new challengers,"
Ehh it's believable, and maybe the image isn't a final build.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Less iconic? OoT Ganon was in one game. Pig Ganon has been in every 2D game with Ganon in it.

"We made including every single fighter ever our number one goal, so I'm kind of hoping you're not expecting too many new challengers,"
Ehh it's believable, and maybe the image isn't a final build.
I'm not doubting a small number of newcomers, but I just find it tough to believe Skull Kid has the star power to carry a final reveal.

EDIT: It might not be the final build, but it's still weird that they wouldn't have everyone on the screen.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'm not doubting a small number of newcomers, but I just find it tough to believe Skull Kid has the star power to carry a final reveal.

EDIT: It might not be the final build, but it's still weird that they wouldn't have everyone on the screen.
Yeah it is weird, maybe it's a version of the game were not everyone is unlocked and they're testing out unlocking all the characters, and it just happened to be skull kid who was last unlocked.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah it is weird, maybe it's a version of the game were not everyone is unlocked and they're testing out unlocking all the characters, and it just happened to be skull kid who was last unlocked.
I suppose it's a possibility!

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Interesting that the render is so different. It looks like there is something around his neck? You'd think a fake leaker would have not done that to make it more accurate and believable. Interesting.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
Getting excited about the possible skull kid inclusion, Working on a skull kid themed controller open to some ideas but of these two which do you prefer I also have a decal I will put in the center. What do you think?

Attachments

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Ehh I'd agrue Pig Gannon is very iconic, he's in almost every top down zelda, who are you to say he'd be less interesting, he would be really cool as boss. It would be really weird to have a really small boss as skull kid, i just don't see it happening, he makes more sense as a fighter.
OoT Ganon IS pig ganon reincarnated and is already in the game as Ganondorf's FS. Ofc, aLTTP Ganon is iconic (and definitely pig Ganon, hence why he's already in the game), I just see Skull kid/ majora as being more so than aLTTP ganon. And Majora/ skull kid would be more interesting as a boss due to all the stage hazards which he could utilise as I said in my original post AND the fact that you could fight Majora after too, rather than just teleporting, throwing fire and using his spear like aLTTP ganon. Anyway, I'm not really expecting to convince fanboys but just thought I'd share my opinion regardless.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
If nothing else those are very convincing Skull Kid leaks

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Could also be a new updated demo for TGS or something. Not sure they'd go through that effort, though.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
OoT Ganon IS pig ganon reincarnated and is already in the game as Ganondorf's FS. Ofc, aLTTP Ganon is iconic (and definitely pig Ganon, hence why he's already in the game), I just see Skull kid/ majora as being more so than aLTTP ganon. And Majora/ skull kid would be more interesting as a boss due to all the stage hazards which he could utilise as I said in my original post AND the fact that you could fight Majora after too, rather than just teleporting, throwing fire and using his spear like aLTTP ganon. Anyway, I'm not really expecting to convince fanboys but just thought I'd share my opinion regardless.
Okay... but toon link is link, link is young link reincarnated, Link is beiong represented multiple times, so I don't see why pig gannon can't. I don't know why you're putting that in like it proves anything, lttp pig gannon can still be a boss. I mean yeah he'd be a cool boss, but he would be a cooler playable character.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Okay... but toon link is link, link is young link reincarnated, Link is beiong represented multiple times, so I don't see why pig gannon can't. I don't know why you're putting that in like it proves anything, lttp pig gannon can still be a boss. I mean yeah he'd be a cool boss, but he would be a cooler playable character.
It could work out like you say, that aLTTP ganon becomes a story mode boss and skull kid becomes playable, especially after all the fan demand for skull kid. I wouldn't be angry if skull kid was playable but I still think that having Skull kid/ majora as a story mode boss would be a more accurate representation of how they worked in Majora's mask and could make for an amazing boss fight.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
To me this feels like he's saying unique challengers. Otherwise they wouldn't have revealed so many fighters in the last direct.

Plus, he DID say they still had a few more fighters left to reveal before the release. The way Chrom and Dark Samus were revealed as well makes me believe he didn't mean it in a way that includes Echoes.

I doubt Skull Kid is the final newcomer, especially with rumors of a Gen 7 Pokemon representative and the extreme likelihood of Geno. As well as hints at Isaac.

We'll probably see 4 more unique newcomers at most imo. That would still leave the total at 8, which is significantly smaller number than any other entry has introduced, and seeing as how Echoes mostly require a little bit of model/animation work, I'd say we could probably see 2-4 more of them. Isabelle and Shadow are seeming VERY likely right now.

Last edited:

-Coco-

Smash Ace
To me this feels like he's saying unique challengers. Otherwise they wouldn't have revealed so many fighters in the last direct.

Plus, he DID say they still had a few more fighters left to reveal before the release. The way Chrom and Dark Samus were revealed as well makes me believe he didn't mean it in a way that includes Echoes.

I doubt Skull Kid is the final newcomer, especially with rumors of a Gen 7 Pokemon representative and the extreme likelihood of Geno. As well as hints at Isaac.

We'll probably see 4 more unique newcomers at most imo. That would still leave the total at 8, which is significantly smaller number than any other entry has introduced, and seeing as how Echoes mostly require a little bit of model/animation work, I'd say we could probably see 2-4 more of them. Isabelle and Shadow are seeming VERY likely right now.
So for argument sake, would this image, assuming it's real, be a TGS demo or something?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So for argument sake, would this image, assuming it's real, be a TGS demo or something?
That's what I was thinking. If true, that means they'd either have to show him (and Isabelle) at TGS, or just before it. Possibly in a September direct.

When is TGS, anyway?

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Not sure honestly. It's possible.

Just take it with a spoonful of salt. Roster leaks like this happening this early is very, very unlikely.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
September 19-23… still a long way to go
Ah, so right around when the Nintendo online service launches...I could definitely see a general direct happening, with just one newcomer and one echo. And what with the current trend of "8" dates, I would bet on September 8th.

I'll bet on that.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Ah, so right around when the Nintendo online service launches...I could definitely see a general direct happening, with just one newcomer and one echo. And what with the current trend of "8" dates, I would bet on September 8th.

I'll bet on that.
I'm not sure they'd do one on a Saturday?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'm not sure they'd do one on a Saturday?
Oh, whoops! Didn't know that was a Saturday, lol. Probably the 7th, then. Not sure if they've done Friday directs, but they seem pretty determined to get their dates as close to the 8th as possible.

Of course, that's only for Smash stuff. A general direct might not do this.

Fane

Smash Journeyman

I'll bet on that.
IMO they'd do a reveal to coincide with TGS.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
To quote Fox Mulder's poster, "I want to believe"

I would really like a Zelda newcomer who is outside the Triforce Trio. Of these, Skull Kid is at the top of my list. Can we have his phase in, the part in the beginning of MM where his mask appears first, then the rest of him as his entrance. I do not think the Moon's appearance as an Assist doesn't impact Skull Kid's playable chances despite being a logical Final Smash. The moon already appears in the Great Bay stage and Skull Kid could use it in a cinematic Final Smash. Maybe something like the MM Time's Up scene, but condensed?

Please add me to the support list.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman

I would really like a Zelda newcomer who is outside the Triforce Trio. Of these, Skull Kid is at the top of my list. Can we have his phase in, the part in the beginning of MM where his mask appears first, then the rest of him as his entrance. I do not think the Moon's appearance as an Assist doesn't impact Skull Kid's playable chances despite being a logical Final Smash. The moon already appears in the Great Bay stage and Skull Kid could use it in a cinematic Final Smash. Maybe something like the MM Time's Up scene, but condensed?

Oh it totally affects his chances, it's a clear sign that his assist is being replaced, every assist has been from a different zelda game so it would be redundant to have two MM assist's when you could take from any other zelda game, sure this rule could be broken, but it is notable.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Why are we talking relevance as a prob,em

The moment k rool popped out that's when the R.I.P relevance arguement happened
This isn't a reliable analogy anymore. K. Rool was extremely requested, even accurately requested in Japan. Both relevancy and requested are too different things. Also, I'm not shocked seeing a post from a user that just want to play as the mask. Haha I find it way more interesting when the mask is on the body of Skull Kid.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

If Fire Embken can have 7 Reps another Zelda Rep should be guaranteed.. I mean Mario has 8..

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If Fire Embken can have 7 Reps another Zelda Rep should be guaranteed.. I mean Mario has 8..
Hell, if we get both Skull Kid and Impa, Zelda will also have eight. And that's still not as many as Pokémon's nine (counting the Trainer as three), not to mention Pokémon will almost certainly get at least one more.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I have thought about it and analyzed a lot and I am now 100% convinced these latest pics are the real deal. The purple tentacles are such a risk that anybody trying to make a fake wouldn't add them. The render is also top quality and completely unique. Even though it's just a blurry pic it looks like a lot of work and care went into the design. Not only that, but the render of Isabelle is also unique. I know what a fake leak looks like, I've seen a lot since before brawl, and this doesn't look fake. Heck me if I'm wrong, but I'm feeling it.

I also just realized I am not on the support list. Get me on there! Shoulda been on there years ago.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I have thought about it and analyzed a lot and I am now 100% convinced these latest pics are the real deal. The purple tentacles are such a risk that anybody trying to make a fake wouldn't add them. The render is also top quality and completely unique. Even though it's just a blurry pic it looks like a lot of work and care went into the design. Not only that, but the render of Isabelle is also unique. I know what a fake leak looks like, I've seen a lot since before brawl, and this doesn't look fake. Heck me if I'm wrong, but I'm feeling it.

I also just realized I am not on the support list. Get me on there! Shoulda been on there years ago.
Isabelle's could actually be an edit of an existing one.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
There are also other indicators that make me think this is likely legit. Smaller liberties like the size of the hat, the ridges in the valley of the mask, and the clear separation between colors on the spikes (when traditionally it has been a fade) scream Nintendo's signature love and care. It looks like a proper Smash Bros redesign. I don't want normally go all in like this, but ya, all in.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
If this is a fake leak, I hope the full render is either found, or comes out if someone made it from scratch. REALLY interested to see the full-body shot.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I can only see this leak being true if nintendo announces both isabelle and skull kid next direct( which should be in the next 2-3 weeks) and a new demo build for gamescon with those characters + K. Rool and both belmonts, which I highly doubt it.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
It could work out like you say, that aLTTP ganon becomes a story mode boss and skull kid becomes playable, especially after all the fan demand for skull kid. I wouldn't be angry if skull kid was playable but I still think that having Skull kid/ majora as a story mode boss would be a more accurate representation of how they worked in Majora's mask and could make for an amazing boss fight.
It could still be both. That you at first fight the playable version of Skull Kid, and that his spirit gets taken. Afterwards you fight Majora seperatly as more of a boss character.

Top Bottom