• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Isaac was cut from Brawl as an AT. Doesn't mean he's playable.

I will say what gives me pause is the fact that Skull Kid got added to Hyrule Warriors at the perfect time for the design document, when he would be shown off with a fully unique fighting moveset. Perhaps it would give Sakurai the inspiration to add him to Smash.
Yeah, but this game was clearly used the last game as a base, not saying it's a port cause it's not, but putting the assist trophies back from 4 is the easiest thing you could do, that it would be confusing to remove them for no reason, as far as i know, smash 4 didn't use brawl as a base like how this one used 4 in terms of engine, meaning issac wouldn't have been as easy as porting over as the skull kid to 4 to this game.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm not sure I believe the Instagram posts mean anything (who says the person who runs this account has any knowledge of Smash's roster?), but it's certainly a nice picture!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm not sure I believe the Instagram posts mean anything (who says the person who runs this account has any knowledge of Smash's roster?), but it's certainly a nice picture!
They (Nintendo UK) doesn't really post random stuff for no reason that often… I think we should add this to the list of possible hints at least.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Oh they absolutely have no idea about Smash's roster. That's why almost all the leaks are bogus, because not even everyone on the dev team knows who's in and who isn't. They keep that stuff under wraps because they don't want that info to get out. Even the most credible leaker, Vergeben, was only told some information, not all of it. Nintendo's got some pretty sick NDA's.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think it's just as likely that the person who runs the account heard this speculation and felt like posting about the masked boy. I wanna believe it means something, but I've been burned before when it comes to stuff like this. :urg:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Add me to the support list! It would be an honor to fight up to release along the Skull Kid crowd! :) He was my 2nd most wanted back in the day before being made into an AT. Back to #2 with these leaks flying around and no Skull Kid AT in sight.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
^
"Nintendouk: You've met with a terrible fate, haven't"

Haven't what!? WHAT!? You can't leave me hanging there Nintendouk!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
As someone who wants Skull Kid and is tired of different versions of link, he should be playable. The legend of zelda franchise has such a variety of characters. WE deserve someone better than just another version of link or zelda. Anyway I came across this video about a leak screenshot regarding skull kid. I'm only bringing this up because it looks so..... GOOD! The render is amazingly well drawn and edited that it deserves a shoutout. It looks like it came straight out from smash bros ultimate itself! It really wants me to have skull kid as a fighter now

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
As someone who wants Skull Kid and is tired of different versions of link, he should be playable. The legend of zelda franchise has such a variety of characters. WE deserve someone better than just another version of link or zelda. Anyway I came across this video about a leak screenshot regarding skull kid. I'm only bringing this up because it looks so..... GOOD! The render is amazingly well drawn and edited that it deserves a shoutout. It looks like it came straight out from smash bros ultimate itself! It really wants me to have skull kid as a fighter now

That's just his Hyrule warriors render

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Add me to the support list! It would be an honor to fight up to release along the Skull Kid crowd! :) He was my 2nd most wanted back in the day before being made into an AT. Back to #2 with these leaks flying around and no Skull Kid AT in sight.
Welcome to the Masked Marauders! I’m in the same boat, man. I wanted Skull Kid in since before Brawl and it sucked early Smash 4 speculation due to him getting deconfirmed so quickly during that time. Now it seems like he has finally gotten his well-deserved spot in the roster!

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost certain that nobody in the western divisions of Nintendo (NoA or NoE) knows the Smash roster as of now. Especially one of the social media account managers.

Still, it's likely that Nintendo is really noticing the Skull Kid hype...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Add me to the supporters list. I honestly wasn't a fan of Skull Kid at first but he's really grown on me and I'm hoping he makes it in.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I admit, while I never played Majora's Mask in full despite owning the cartridge for it on the N64, I did however watch a Let's Play for it and was totally engrossed with the story and characters. If Skull Kid becomes playable, it would be pretty cool if he had a creative moveset. Since the Moon was confirmed as an assist trophy, maybe Majora's Wrath as the Final Smash?

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I admit, while I never played Majora's Mask in full despite owning the cartridge for it on the N64, I did however watch a Let's Play for it and was totally engrossed with the story and characters. If Skull Kid becomes playable, it would be pretty cool if he had a creative moveset. Since the Moon was confirmed as an assist trophy, maybe Majora's Wrath as the Final Smash?
His final smash could still be the moon, Riki is a assist and is in Shulk's final smash, but now that it's a assist i would prefer it to be Majora's wraith, and it would make sense when you consider why they might be hiding YLink's final smash, fierce deity and Majora's wrath go quite nicely together if you ask me

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad that another member of my holy trinity of most wanted newcomers is so close to inclusion! I mean, I got K. Rool, but if my favorite Zelda villain Skull Kid and Rayman both got in as well, I would go full-on apesh*t and I'll proudly state that it will be absolutely impossible for any game to ever top Smash Ultimate.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Not saying its real yet but does anyone have a source on this render?
not sure about the skull kid render, but the Isabelle looks very similar to this image, there are some key differences, so maybe it was a edited version of this like the mouth is different, and the eyes seem a little smaller in the leak..... hmmm on second thought, it may not be this one after all, but it is similar, but it looks to be a different model, or at least a highly edited version of this one

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Haven't we seen the character select screen already? Or at least what the portraits look like? That orange looks like a holdover from Smash 4.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Haven't we seen the character select screen already? Or at least what the portraits look like? That orange looks like a holdover from Smash 4.
The select screen appeared like that in the e3 demo, however they're making it seem like for the final game they're gonna go with the red background in the their portraits

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
not sure about the skull kid render, but the Isabelle looks very similar to this image, there are some key differences, so maybe it was a edited version of this like the mouth is different, and the eyes seem a little smaller in the leak..... hmmm on second thought, i may not be this one after all it is similar, but it looks to be a different model, or at least a highly edited version of this one
It seems different enough that I'd say they put effort into it, but one thing that makes it fake for me is both her eyes are closed. They never close both eyes for a render, it's suppose to be their standard look, the most they ever do is a wink

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The select screen appeared like that in the e3 demo, however they're making it seem like for the final game they're gonna go with the red background in the their portraits
Hmm, okay, fair enough. The other thing that throws me off here is that if they can get these pictures, they should be able to get the whole screen. This seems too safe, just showing expected characters. It feels like a "bandwagon" leak.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Not saying its real yet but does anyone have a source on this render?
That render is very unique and totally can see them adding some purple tendrils from the mask to use in his moveset.

I was already 99% sure that Skull Kid is going to be in, but this pic... I'd say a 50-50 chance it's real. My question though is how would Nintendo react if it was real? Hopefully not by delaying his release.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
That the render is very unique and totally can see them adding some purple tendrils from the mask to use in his moveset.

I was already 99% sure that Skull Kid is going to be in, but this pic... I'd say a 50-50 chance it's real. My question though is how would Nintendo react if it was real? Hopefully not by delaying his release.
I couldn't agree more that it is unique. The tendrils are a great touch.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I guess this is the part where we need to not get ahead of ourselves too much and take these excessive leaks and renders with a few shakes of salt. If being a Smash fan has taught me anything, it's to be very careful over the last 6 months or so before release, because people love to post all kinds of garbage and claim it to be real.

That the render is very unique and totally can see them adding some purple tendrils from the mask to use in his moveset.

I would guess the same way they dealt with it whenever Palutena was leaked; not much of anything. It's a bummer for them when it comes to planning his release (if it's real), but they'd simply have to press on and make the best of it however they can. Worst case scenario, someone is getting the Nintendo Ninjas after them, but that's not something the common consumer/fan has to worry about.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Just to temper everyone's thoughts and expectations here, let's not forget the Palutena "leak" from Smash 4, where no one could prove it was fake, but it still was.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Not saying that I'd complain at all if skull kid was playable as a new unique zelda newcomer would definitely be welcome but I think skull kid/ majora would work best as a story mode boss fight, as has been suggested before. The fact that he was missing from the moon AT definitely raises suspicions as to whether he'll appear elsewhere but that doesn't necessarily mean him being playable. For a Zelda themed boss, he's far more iconic than Vaati and Pig Ganon already appears as Ganondorf's FS so it's very unlikely that he'd be the boss. The argument that he is 'too small' to be a boss' seems strikingly similar to the debunked argument that 'Ridley is too big'.
He could have been cut as an AT as his boss battle could play very differently than just having the moon crashing, like so:
His boss battle could feature multiple stage hazards like flaming meteors falling down onto the stage, puppets being summoned and he could use his previous AT attack where he flips the view of the stage or even flips the players controls. There'd very likely be a timer for the fight (which would help build a sense of tension similar to MM) and as the battle progresses, the frequency of flaming meteors falling could increase until finally the moon crashes similar to the moon AT but slowed down. His small size could be part of the challenge of the boss fight where you have to try and hit him while he floats around the stage and wails, summoning stage hazards. After enough hits, the second part of the boss fight could have you fighting Majora itself which could play out similar to the final boss battle in MM which I think would be epic.
Would also be amazing if this could happen on a clock-tower stage but I don't know if they'd go through the effort of making a whole clock-tower stage for a boss fight but you never know. Personally, I think this boss fight option would be more true to the character in Majora's mask whilst allowing you to fight both skull kid and Majora separately.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'd give this leak a chance of 60 percent chance of being real, if you look closely, you can even see little details on the mask, which remind me of what they're doing with the renders this time with small details. If you take a look at any of the renders you can see this.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I remember that leak too! But, I am having such a hard time not being excited about the prospect of Skull Kid!
I'm with you! But I've been a part of this speculation community for a long time now, and we have to take everything with a grain of salt. Even if it's a unique model, it could easily be fake. I want him as much as you, but try not to get carried away!

Palutena still got in though ;)
Heh, she certainly did, and we can hope for a repeat performance here. :laugh:

Top Bottom