• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Oh and about his artwork pose? I'd love to see something like this:

(not sure if the pic is loading so: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/428?cb=20151009074614)
But I imagine it'd be kinda harder to make a good amiibo out of it, Ultimate seems to be having at least somewhat amiibo-friendly poses for the characters with no Smash amiibo yet, even the ones that are jumping/floating (Daisy, Dark Samus, Pichu) could have some kind of extra detail to accomodate it like Ridley had, or just a small plastic thing

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Consider me a supporter as well. I think post-Ridley/K. Rool, the new "big three" are shaping out to be Isaac, Skull Kid, and Geno... with a side of Banjo. Here's hoping we get as many of them as possible.

I'm torn on the furniture being a tease, I could see it both ways. But I think Skull Kid is the best choice for a Zelda rep that's not part of the Triforce, and would give Majora's Mask the representation it deserves.
This is unrelated but does your name come from gamegrumps MM playthrough?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Majora's Mask. I'm just not a fan of Gamegrumps.

Did they not finish the game?

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I think the only thing we have going on for us is the Moon AT and Loz18's hint, everything else is coincidence or wishful thinking.

Speculation during the pre Smash 4 days was a wild ride, we used to have countless of threads dedicated to each semi credible leak. The fall will hit harder if we go too high with hype and it doesn't work out. Nevertheless I'm super excited about his prospects and I will still enjoy the game no matter what.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think the only thing we have going on for us is the Moon AT and Loz18's hint, everything else is coincidence or wishful thinking.
Those two things together re strong indicators tho, let's hope something turns out of it in the future tho... Anything else smaller now would be just extra really, unless we get hard evidence of some sort.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah that's been mentioned a fair bit. I think I even have it in the first post.
Lmao RIP me, I probably learned about it here. Still a big deal to me, a quarter million votes is nothing to scoff at.

Do y'all know about the scrapped Skull Kid animations for PM?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nope, they couldn't get past the scythe-bat boss in stone tower temple so they put it on hold.
I looked it up and I instantly remembered that Egoraptor hated OoT

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I looked it up and I instantly remembered that Egoraptor hated OoT
Even with Arin's dislike of OoT, it still boggles my mind that they gave up on Majora's Mask but somehow completed both of the CD-i Zelda games.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Gomess is a hard boss when you don't know you can drink Chateau Romani for unlimited light arrows.

Honestly MM is an easy game that gives you plenty of tools to survive, it's just cryptic at first and requires exploration and information gathering.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Gomess is a hard boss when you don't know you can drink Chateau Romani for unlimited light arrows.

Honestly MM is an easy game that gives you plenty of tools to survive, it's just cryptic at first and requires exploration and information gathering.
But you don't need Chateau Romani, killing the bats should give you the magic needed for light arrows.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even with Arin's dislike of OoT, it still boggles my mind that they gave up on Majora's Mask but somehow completed both of the CD-i Zelda games.
It's simple. Arin is just that bad at video games. Isn't there that Wind Waker episode of Game Grumps where the entire video is Arin screaming because he ignored the telescope promp and gpt mad he couldn't get the telescope to work?

Mona Pizza

Smash Cadet
100% agreed. I want Skull Kid in the game as much as anyone else, but the chairs and couch mean absolutely nothing. The worst part is, if he gets in, everyone is going to say they were right about the chairs.

The chairs, and especially the couch, are absolutely some of the funniest examples of grasping at straws I've ever seen.
Spot on. Personally, I'm inclined to believe that Sakurai, Nintendo and anyone that has a hand in the development of Smash has better things to do than play interior designer. We all badly want Skull Kid on the roster but the majority of these furniture theories are just downright bizarre to my mind.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Agreed with the furniture, there's more than enough other stuff to support his inclusion than furniture

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Ehh i never found it that bizarre, if was making smash i would totally do things like this just to mess with peoples heads, it would be hilarious, Sakurai clearly has a sense of humor like this. I mean I guess the argument on why the hell would he waste their time on this is fair, considering Sakurai is a workaholic, I am on the fence with it, the colors are pretty spot on in the e3 room with krool and now skull kid, to the point of it being weird, but I don't know why they would waste their time doing this, I am pretty torn, I won't dismiss it, but I don't wanna put 100 percent put my faith in it.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

I never had an issue with Gomess, back when I first played the game at the tender age of 12. Granted, I was using a guide I bought with the game.:p I actually though he was super cool, what with the scythe and all.

Now, even WITH the guide, Goht, Odolwa, and (of course) Gyorg gave me no end of trouble. I much prefer the redesigns in MM3D. Still, I absolutely loved Goht, even with the old design. Overall, MM has some of the coolest bosses in the series. Probably due to battling them in other forms.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we can say for certain that if Zelda is to get a brand new fighter, then Skull Kid is the one that makes the most sense at this point (RIP Midna & 80's pop Legend Girahim)

Let's wait and see what the next announcement brings...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i can not keep up with this thread, i will see you guys after the confirmation/deconfirmation

AlbsGames

Smash Rookie
Please add me to the supporters! The scrapped PM animations look so cool, makingn me realise just what nintendo could do with skull kid

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Wait. Were these animations for Smash that they decided to scrap?
For Project M, which was a fan-made Brawl mod. They were planning to add a few new characters, including Skull Kid, Lyn, and Knuckles, plus I think Sami from Advance Wars and...one more character I'm forgetting. But someone leaked it, and they were never released: the project made a final release without any of those characters and shut down.

EDIT: The last character was Isaac.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
The PM animations I mentioned are here: https://imgur.com/a/zR3vv

I really like that get-up attack they made for him.
Wow, these are amazing and really capture his personality. As far as I'm aware the Project M devs never really confirmed Skull Kid so this is the first real evidence that he was planned aside from rumors. Sucks that Project M was canceled... I prefer Melee style gameplay so that would have been the ideal game to play Skull Kid in.

If he was in an official Smash game though I think I'd pinch myself.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Further speculation of course, but what do you guys think the chances are that Skull Kid ends up being like Rathalos? A boss and an AT that features Majora's Wrath as the main selling point? Chances are respectable IMO given Rathalos kind of opened the door there. Depending on Sakurai's stance on Skull Kid overall (whether he sees Skull Kid the character or Majora the boss) may indeed influence this.

Aside from being playable, this is the other most likely thing to happen IMO.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Further speculation of course, but what do you guys think the chances are that Skull Kid ends up being like Rathalos? A boss and an AT that features Majora's Wrath as the main selling point? Chances are respectable IMO given Rathalos kind of opened the door there. Depending on Sakurai's stance on Skull Kid overall (whether he sees Skull Kid the character or Majora the boss) may indeed influence this.

I honestly don't think it is as likely as people are making it out to be, due to fact of how small he is when compared to other smash bosses, plus if he was a boss he could still be a assist still like Rathalos and there would be no point to put in the moon and they're better off choosing a assist from another zelda game instead of having two MM assist's.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

He could definitely be a boss. The only argument against it I have read so far is that "he is too small", but plenty of games have small bosses. In fact, smaller bosses (sometimes also called "rival" bosses since they tend to fight similarly to the player character) are usually more popular than the bigger ones.

That said, it is true that in Smash bosses are usually huge, so that is an argument against Skull Kid as a boss. At the same time, just because bosses were always big in previous games doesn't mean we can't have smaller bosses in Ultimate. There are no rules.

But I still think he will be playable. Just a feeling.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
He could definitely be a boss. The only argument against it I have read so far is that "he is too small", but plenty of games have small bosses. In fact, smaller bosses (sometimes also called "rival" bosses since they tend to fight similarly to the player character) are usually more popular than the bigger ones.

That said, it is true that in Smash bosses are usually huge, so that is an argument against Skull Kid as a boss. At the same time, just because bosses were always big in previous games doesn't mean we can't have smaller bosses in Ultimate. There are no rules.

But I still think he will be playable. Just a feeling.
I mean sure it could be broken, but I doubt it, bosses in smash have always to me have been characters that can't be playable because of their bigness so this is how they get their recognition through a boss role, skull kid would go to playable role before he goes to boss, i am very confident in this.

https://twitter.com/zerowondering/status/1030466729477111809
Zero recognizes our boy's chances of getting in!
Other peoples confidence in a character being included makes me more confident, although i am still prepared for the worse.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/zerowondering/status/1030466729477111809
Zero recognizes our boy's chances of getting in!
Other peoples confidence in a character being included makes me more confident, although i am still prepared for the worse.
Yeah, the general consensus seems to bounce between Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno and Lloyd, and Shadow is pretty much expected by most at this point. Dixie is there too, but many lump her into Echo speculation, which I personally dislike, but at least she's recognised and very popular. Generation VII Pokémon is often left out, but I think a Pokémon rep in general is inevitable in the eyes of many, so perhaps they just leave it out of their main lists.

Last edited:

BelgianSmasher

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the general consensus seems to bounce between Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno and Lloyd, and Shadow is pretty much expected by most at this point. Dixie is there too, but many lump her into Echo speculation, which I personally dislike, but at least she's recognised and very popular. Generation VII Pokémon is often left out, but I think a Pokémon rep in general is inevitable in the eyes of many, so perhaps they just leave it out of their main lists.
I don't understand why Dixie is so loved by lots of people.

Geno should be fun too, but firstly, I want Skull Kid ofc !

Screwigi

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any idea how skull kid would be introduced in a direct? Open to any ideas of what could happen?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any idea how skull kid would be introduced in a direct? Open to any ideas of what could happen?
Well, there is a theoretical trailer of course where he faces off against Young Link. Perhaps an altered version of the real Majora's Mask intro with Young Link wandering through the Lost Woods and getting ambushed could certainly work. They're really running with this whole "hero vs villain" theme it would seem, so Young Link seems to be the best candidate to segue into that scenario.

Further emphasis on this is that we have not seen Young Link's Final Smash yet, which is by large considered to be Fierce Deity. What a sight it'd be to see Fierce Deity and Skull Kid revealed in one trailer? With Skull Kid transforming into Majora's Wrath as the trailer cliffhanger? That'd be pretty spectacular. Who knows, for all we know, there might be a palette swap that has the sobbing Mirror Shield (or even that altered kid version of the Hylian Shield he has at the start of the game), a version of the Gilded Sword, and a Chateau Romani bottle for his taunt. While this may seem like a lot to some, Smash Ultimate is incredibly fan service-y, so I wouldn't count it out given the events of MM are what define Young Link to many. Only thing with the Gilded Sword is that it's quite a bit longer than the Kokiri Sword (hit-box confusion), but the non-Glitter Dust version could work as well.

Last edited:

chandy

Smash Journeyman
People like to mention Skull Kid as a boss, but honestly, he makes no sense as a boss. He was never a boss fight in Majora's Mask. Majora's Wrath I could see as a boss, but Skull Kid himself doesn't really make sense.
By that logic, he makes no sense as a fighter either as he was never playable in Majora's mask. Although, you could argue that you can fight him as a boss in MM you just can't beat him, only steal back the ocarina of time + use it. He also features as an overworld semi-boss in TP. Honestly, the only real reason I could see him being a fighter rather than a boss fight is because of fan demand but imo based on the games, him being a boss makes more sense and suits his moveset better. If he/Majora were both a boss and then an unlockable fighter then that would be pretty awesome too.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The
By that logic, he makes no sense as a fighter either as he was never playable in Majora's mask. Although, you could argue that you can fight him as a boss in MM you just can't beat him, only steal back the ocarina of time + use it. He also features as an overworld semi-boss in TP. Honestly, the only real reason I could see him being a fighter rather than a boss fight is because of fan demand but imo based on the games, him being a boss makes more sense and suits his moveset better. If he/Majora were both a boss and then an unlockable fighter then that would be pretty awesome too.
They could always pull from his playable appearance in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

BelgianSmasher

Smash Rookie
So, imagine the next trailer :
young link who has a FS that turns him into Fierce Deity Link and he's versus Skull Kid (why not skull kid who has a FS that turns him into Majora's wraith, even if it's difficult to do that if we want respect the lore)

I AM SO HYPED ZEORFZEOFPJKEZ

Top Bottom