• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That's certainly something to consider. That being said, we have no clue when that game will come out or even if we'll know anything about it between now and when this DLC releases. But even more than that, there are so many older, more popular Zelda characters (Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim, Tingle, Impa, even Vaati) that I think most of us would prefer to see get in before someone from an unreleased game does. I'll take any Zelda newcomer after seventeen years, but it would still be bittersweet, to say the least.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I hate the Smash Bros fanbase some times
All I asked was for somewhere where requesting characters was appropriate and people lash out. Yes Sakurai asked us to stop asking on Twitter, something I was guilty of and apologised for (and won't do unless appropriate on twitter anymore). But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop requesting for my character, not while DLC is a thing.
https://twitter.com/MaskedMarauder3/status/1059961446073741312?s=19

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think one of the 5 DLC will be a Zelda character, and I think it is going to be one the champions (Daruk or Urbosa most likely).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think one of the 5 DLC will be a Zelda character, and I think it is going to be one the champions (Daruk or Urbosa most likely).
I would think Mipha would be more likely than Daruk, but I think Urbosa probably has the best chance.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Mipha, Zora's are so iconic to Zelda it feels weird to not have one in Smash.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mipha would be kinda like the Zelda equivalent of adding Incineroar.

As in she's my least favourite Champion and I hate most things about her, not to the same extent as Incineroar but I would really dislike her inclusion over the other champions, I think she's incredibly cliche and boring with a terrible voice actor

I'd rather the champions be treated equal, but Urbosa would be phenomenal. A motherly figure who is warrior leader with a sense of humour? That's a character I get behind. Plus we really don't have many lightning users, it's kinda just the Pika duo.

"out of respect for the princess you may keep your lives" that's just awesome. She was already the best but then they showed us her in action and she was phenomenal. Best cutscene imo.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Mipha would be kinda like the Zelda equivalent of adding Incineroar.

As in she's my least favourite Champion and I hate most things about her, not to the same extent as Incineroar but I would really dislike her inclusion over the other champions, I think she's incredibly cliche and boring with a terrible voice actor

I'd rather the champions be treated equal, but Urbosa would be phenomenal. A motherly figure who is warrior leader with a sense of humour? That's a character I get behind. Plus we really don't have many lightning users, it's kinda just the Pika duo.

"out of respect for the princess you may keep your lives" that's just awesome. She was already the best but then they showed us her in action and she was phenomenal. Best cutscene imo.
The Japanese dub portrays her character way better IMO, I hated her at first but after playing through with the Japanese voices it really fixed some problems I had with her

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The Japanese dub portrays her character way better IMO, I hated her at first but after playing through with the Japanese voices it really fixed some problems I had with her
Mipha reminds me of my fiancée in a lot of ways, so I've always liked her. :laugh: I find it hilarious how completely the ladies in BotW outclass the dudes. Daruk has no personality (and it's a complete ****up that he doesn't use a hammer) and Revali is an absolute tool, but I love Mipha and Urbosa is fantastic.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I wouldn't even be mad if we got a Champion TBH; some people don't think they're significant enough. Mipha stands out to me mostly because she is a trident wielder, which is a weapon we don't really have. She is also a Zora, and I have 100% bias for Zoras since they are my favourite race. She is also the Champion that got the most development due to her affinity with Link. I'd have no qualms about seeing Urbosa since I also enjoyed her as a character, but she'd likely be another swordie, which Zelda already has 3 of. Mipha not only carries an interesting weapon not seen much in the series, but she could also have some magic incorporated in her move-set.

Also, it has been confirmed that Chrom is in a Final Smash and a playable character; thoughts on that for Skull Kid and other ATs? I'm not sure if it means anything for ATs, but characters showing up in other aspects of the game are almost certainly candidates as playable it seems.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Also, it has been confirmed that Chrom is in a Final Smash and a playable character; thoughts on that for Skull Kid and other ATs? I'm not sure if it means anything for ATs, but characters showing up in other aspects of the game are almost certainly candidates as playable it seems.
I'm just curious if he gets replaced when Chrom is in the fight, or if they really were that...I don't want to say lazy, but that's how it would feel. Probably more just pressed for time.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm just curious if he gets replaced when Chrom is in the fight, or if they really were that...I don't want to say lazy, but that's how it would feel. Probably more just pressed for time.
You're probably right... Just look at Young Link as another example as well. They tacked him with a grittier Triforce Slash and called it a day, lol.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You're probably right... Just look at Young Link as another example as well. They tacked him with a grittier Triforce Slash and called it a day, lol.
That one stings. They could even have used the exact same series of slashes and changed him into a Fierce Deity model and I would've been happy. It's probably the only disappointment I have with my favorite boy, because otherwise he looks so good.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I still don't understand Young Link, I'm glad he's back, but to not give him the Fierce Deity, it's like if Sonic didn't use Super Sonic. It's baffling.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I agree! Fierce Deity fits Young Link so well! Just a missed opportunity among many missed opportunities.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Meanwhile I'm breathing a sigh of relief because I secretly hope for playable Fierce Deity, haha...

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Meanwhile I'm breathing a sigh of relief because I secretly hope for playable Fierce Deity, haha...
I would not even be mad if that was a playable character instead of the final smash, but it doesnt really matter because Chrom is a final smash and a fighter at the same time, which still annoys me. On a separate note, Fierce Deity could make a great cloud echo.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
PP was likely just one time thing and doesn't open the door for any enemy or boss to be in Smash. But if I were to choose a random Zelda enemy as a character, it would be...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Volga and Wizzro are the only original characters I particularly like from HW, and I can't stand Linkle and Lana

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
what the 5 DLC characters should be

Skull Kid
Midna
Urbosa
Vaati
Volvagia

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
HW characters aren't bad, but Zelda is so far behind in characters that it needs to start within its own core franchise before resorting to those icky hack-and-slash raggamuffin non-canon Tecmonians.

The nerve.

How about a real character suggestion for once.

Moosh.png

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm behind Vaati — let's have some wind havoc in the roster!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'm behind Vaati — let's have some wind havoc in the roster!
I liked the idea of

Link-Ganondorf
Toon Link-Vaati
Young Link-Skull Kid

I wish they took the time not only to declone Ganondorf completely, but make Toon and Young Link semi clones similar to what they did to Isabelle. Zelda has more items than just the boomerang, bombs, bow/arrow, and hookshot.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Video of Skull Kid

At the very least, I can still go to soundtest and listen to his awesome laugh til my heart's content.

And a nice Mii Costume shows that he's at least on their minds for next time

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo guys, dude from the Impa thread again. Sorry I didn't post here before when the deconfirm hitted you. We still cool? Young Link is looking quite amazing in Ultimate honestly, you guys wanting to pick him up to represent Majora's Mask still? Anyone still wanting Impa, or another Zelda DLC character? Any hopes for the next game?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yo guys, dude from the Impa thread again. Sorry I didn't post here before when the deconfirm hitted you. We still cool? Young Link is looking quite amazing in Ultimate honestly, you guys wanting to pick him up to represent Majora's Mask still? Anyone still wanting Impa, or another Zelda DLC character? Any hopes for the next game?
It's honestly hard to say.

I'll be honest

Impa I only see getting in as an echo, I don't see them using Hyrule Warriors at all for characters.

And with Skull Kid as an assist, it feels like we have to fighter harder than ever and put all our focus on him. But it also feels pointless to support any character unless we get a season 2, especially the assist characters. However Chrom gives me hope that there are no true deconfirmations, he's still in Robin's final smash and victory video.

And it's hard to support on twitter when Sakurai basically told us that to stop making support posts when it's off topic.

Impa would be better than nothing, but she just can't be my focus. Sorry. I still think they both should be in, but at this point for this game, that feels simply impossible.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I hate you for putting this idea in my head. It's perfect and we'll never get it.
Here is another idea. Instead of Toon Link using the master sword, he could use the four sword. In fact you can probably use a lot of Minish Cap to make toon Link's moveset

Top Bottom