• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Characters

Grandeza

Smash Master
I was playing SSBM yesterday and my friends were teamed up on me because I'm way better than them. One of my friends suggested an idea for Brawl that was really cool. When a teammate dies the other member can lend a life to them in melee. The idea is that if that's back in brawl, when the teammate comes back it's the character that gave them a life with a mask on. For example if Link lends a life to Samus, when Samus comes back It's Link with a Samus Mask on. I think that would be a really cool feature and would be really funny. I hope it's in Brawl but find it completely unlikely.

edit-Ok so the new idea is you come baxk WITH YOUR ORIGINAL MOVESET with a mask of the character you borrowed a life from.
^^
Discuss

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the idea of masks, but I really do like the lending lives part.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I am going to slowly back away, shunning you from all of society.....
I fear gamefaqs2: Smashbros. Is going to form soon >.<
Yes, we all hope life lending stays (Well, any people who always do Team Battles I rarely do XD) But that mask Idea is idiotic.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
So if Samus and Link are in a team, and Samus dies, Samus presses start and Samus comes back as Link? At first it sounded like blasphemy, but I thought about it, and it actually sounds like a fun idea.

At first, I thought you were gonna talk about people like Meta Knight.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
That would be weird. But, fun in a sort of way. It will most likely not happen in Brawl though.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
I like that idea, it makes a lot of sence. If you take your aly's life it should be their character and the mask would help to tell who you are. Tell your friends that they are geniuses.

Kirby might be a problem though. Say kirby is on samus' team and steals one of samus' lives. Kirby would have a samus mask on. What whould happen if kirby sucked up someone? Especially if the person kirby sucks up is another samus.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Wait... was there life lending in Melee? I never played Team too much.

JohnnyInThePants

Smash Apprentice
Interesting idea, but I don't think you/your friends put too much serious thought into it, because I can imagine many conflicts arising from characters returning from their graves wearing a mask representing their teammate. I'd prefer a halo floating over their heads. ^_^

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
First off, I don't like the idea. Very Innovated, but no. Secondly, why have the same character come back as the one playing? you need different characters for the strategy. Unless you were talking about the vice-virsa. Lastly, there is life stealing in Brawl, I saw a 2v2 at the E For All.

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
it sounds cool but you gotta realize that ur character was samus, and if u came back it would be link, so i think the whole borrowing life system works better since u get to keep ur character

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
Wow great Idea. I mean wow. This needs to be told to sakuria ASAP. I refuse to play with this not in the game. You are a genius, you are nothing short of a gift from god him self. I don't know what i will do if this is not in brawl. You should become a mod instently for this awsome idea.

Grandeza

Smash Master
it sounds cool but you gotta realize that ur character was samus, and if u came back it would be link, so i think the whole borrowing life system works better since u get to keep ur character
Yea the way this works is that You come back as link with a Samus mask and you have Samus's moveset. That would look strange but i think it'd be quite funny.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
cool but does he keep his own moves or does he get his teammates moves also how would this work out in 3vs1?

Grandeza

Smash Master
cool but does he keep his own moves or does he get his teammates moves also how would this work out in 3vs1?
A character keeps his moves so if I'm Ness and I borrow Link's life, I'm Link w/ a Ness mask with Ness's moveset. In a 3 vs. 1 if Link lends me a life, I'm Link with a mask. If say, Zelda lends me a life, I'm Zelda w/ a Ness mask.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
A character keeps his moves so if I'm Ness and I borrow Link's life, I'm Link w/ a Ness mask with Ness's moveset. In a 3 vs. 1 if Link lends me a life, I'm Link with a mask. If say, Zelda lends me a life, I'm Zelda w/ a Ness mask.
thanks but wouldn't it be easier to program (not to mention less confusing) if you were mario and borrowed a life from sonic you wouls still be mario with mario moves only you'd have a sonic mask on

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Okay two things that are really strange.
I too loved the idea, but use something other than masks. (And why does the moveset change? Just put the masklike item on to show borrowing and leave it at that.)
And you guys noticed the Kirby problem yet didn't notice what would happen to Pit with the halo-wings idea?
...On second thought, that's cool. Full angel, with wings and halo...
So how would you kill him? He's already dead.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Ok so the idea has switched based on poular opinion that it would be better for the character to come back with a mask of the character they borrowed a life from. I'm glad most of you like the idea.

Grandeza

Smash Master
that is the stupidest, most childish, most interesting, awesome idea that i've ever heard. So would they have Link moves or Samus moves or a combination?
If I'm Samus and I borrow a life from Link, Samus comes back w/ her own moves, with a Link mask on. Ridley w/ a Captain falcon mask ftw!

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Interesting odd thought that wouldn't fit elsewhere...remember in an old Mario Kart game, where in the battle mode, if you were in a 3+ multiplayer, people would turn into controllable Bob-bombs? What if something similar was introduced in Smash (not in team mode, that's unfair, but in a FFA)? It would be weird, but I can't count the times I wanted revenge for a cheap KO (one the opponent did not earn) and this would enable that (If you can hit of course)

Grandeza

Smash Master
That would be interesting. Which Mario Kart game is that in? Let's try to stay on topic but you could start a thread about it.

Top Bottom