• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's not as good as you all think

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I completely agree with this. Marth definitely isnt the same as he was in melee. Case closed.

Strag

Smash Cadet
I tried Wifi Online...my Marth is having trouble with projectile-characters as well, especially those who main Olimar or Diddy Kong.

Marth is good....but there are more usable characters that can beat him.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Online.

Where there is input delay?

>_______________________>

Irow

Smash Ace
Marth sucks so much online. Marth swings his sword hella fast, so input delay often makes you miss a lot.

It makes shielding things way too hard too.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Online.

Where there is input delay?

>_______________________>
EL, everybody knows that there is input delay online. It only doesn't occur in perfect matches with absolutely no lag or connection problems whatsoever...and how often do we get matches like that? :p

When the game lags, it either takes longer to execute the buttons you press, or it doesn't register your inputs at all. That's input delay, and 90% of the time you'll experience it.

And I really don't see why you're continuing this crusade, man. Nobody here is insulting Marth, nobody is saying: "*characters* CAN TOTALLY **** MARTH NOW, YOU ALL SUCK!"; we're just pointing out several elements of his changed game that reduce him from top tier to high tier; from near-broken to great. Is that really so bad?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It is when the arguments are false and thier is no real evidence.

That and everyone in this thread is ignoring all that I'm saying even though it's all facts.

It's like you are all emo that Marth isn't number 1 anymore.

I nver thought he was number 1 in Melee or Brawl, so maybe it's just easier for me to see wh yhe is still top tier.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ummm no.

See M2K changes his mind about **** according to his personal experience.

I remember once he told that he was starting to think that Ike is better than Marth.

When I explained to him that his thoughts were completely ******** he conceded that playing Azen's Ike may have clouded his judgement a bit.

I have never heard M2K say one bad thing about Ike, I have heard him say countless bad things about Marth though and heard him overexaggerate Marth's flaws, even though Marth is superior to Ike.

To anwser your question, yes, Ike would have trouble with projectile campers as well.

toga

Smash Apprentice
m2k whats all this about marth sucking now? I do pretty well with him I get tippers of grabs
crazy fair to fworad be combos and you can chain grab some people by just down throwing and rolling behind them. Yes its hard fighting spamers but with mindgames us marths still come out with the win!

Strag

Smash Cadet
Geez, people sure do get anal here, don't they?

All I said was that my Marth was having extreme problems with projectile characters. I played against my brother's Olimar and some guy's Diddy Kong.

I'm going by my experience...my input, my opinion. It doesn't reflect anyone's but my own. So leave it at that.

I used to think Marth was at the top of the tiers, but lately I've been switching to other characters and they seem right, if not better than Marth (Diddy Kong for example).

Again, this is just my opinion.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I don't want argue with you, but it did take you an awfully long time to realize the subtle workings of melee; where as I've been playing this game for a little under 2 years, now.

Regardless, you can't base how good Marth is simply from his throws and how much camping pisses you off. To me, that simply states that you don't have the patience to learn the differences between these two games we play. His grabs, not as good as in melee, no, but about the same range and usefulness when it comes to mind games. Also, the best approach to camping, Ive noticed, is to attempt to use all your patience and ignore it. Just because you're losing is no reason to change your view on the character. Marth seems like he's not as good because everyone knows how to play against a Marth, and you've found that with the subtle spacing changes that you're not nearly and precise as you were in Melee.

That doesn't change the fact that Marth's back air kills at semi high percentages, as do every single one of his aerials, hold the neutral. This game isn't entirely what you think it's about if you're still trying to go for grab to juggle combos. I mean, have you seen the smash DI sensitivity, or even the mechanics of the air dodge? Grab to attack doesn't work anymore, and that's going to mean a lot less stock taken by down airs, but the simple fact that you can still Ken Combo with proper dash cancelling is a good sign that you can't find another explanation for why you're losing.

All Marth's attacks when spaced properly, which is all that matters, are quite a bit stronger than in melee, with more stun, and more chance to kill. He also still maintains the ability to pressure with his aerials, since for some reason, someone thought it was a good idea to make his back air not only stronger, but faster. So he can short hop back air forward air? And he's not as good as he was in melee? What about the full jump double up air? Or how the tippered up air will usually kill someone off the top at 95% or higher?

Come on man.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how much easier it is to gimp someone at low percentages using his forward air as an edge guard, and utilizing the auto sweetspot with the up b to steal the ledge from grapplers. Oh, and the up b. Oh god the up b.
Everything that came to mind was said in this single post. Nuff said.

Iwan

Smash Ace
It is when the arguments are false and thier is no real evidence.

That and everyone in this thread is ignoring all that I'm saying even though it's all facts.

It's like you are all emo that Marth isn't number 1 anymore.

I nver thought he was number 1 in Melee or Brawl, so maybe it's just easier for me to see wh yhe is still top tier.

lol I'm listening...you're posts aren't going unnoticed. Although "Teh M2K" posted, so most everyone is probably reading his post and not yours...or anyone else's for that matter.

Honestly M2K, just sounds like maybe you got frustrated from a loss? Or something? And you kind of vented....?

snake pisses me off too (aka...camper).

Top Bottom