• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager amiibo discontinued - deconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well we will see . But i prefer wait for Official annoncement . In Europe there Like a bazillion Of Marth but Like 0 Link and Fox . In my opinion it's ( an certainly ) just a stock case . Their body wasn't ready for the popularity Of the amiibo . I bet for a Restock Of controler+Amiibo for the 2nd Amiibo Waves , right before christmast

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Well we will see . But i prefer wait for Official annoncement . In Europe there Like a bazillion Of Marth but Like 0 Link and Fox . In my opinion it's ( an certainly ) just a stock case . Their body wasn't ready for the popularity Of the amiibo . I bet for a Restock Of controler+Amiibo for the 2nd Amiibo Waves , right before christmast
This is probably the case.

Weirdly, online stores seem to be differing from in-store items. As a couple of examples, if I ordered my Gamecube controller from Amazon or even the official UK nintendo store, I wouldn't have gotten it until well after the game's launch here (I guess it also didn't help that my copy of the game with the adapter failed to arrive on the promised date, but I digress). In contrast, I went into my nearest game store, and by coincidence, they had the controller, several in fact. The wall behind the counter of the GAME i entered was dominated by Amiibos too.

With the Marth Amiibo, the store I work at has one, and checking the stock of stores everywhere nearby suggested that they had one, but ordering the few in stock in online retailers wouldn't deliver the thing until January.

The Adapter for the gamecube controller is an online exclusive for the most part, so acquiring one, even by itself has to be done over the net, and it seems that the majority of Nintendo products are bought over the net as of late to the stock was indeed low. Besides, why would Nintendo keep selling the gamecube controller, but stop the adapter that you need to even use it in the first place?

Alexander Samudio

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
This is probably the case.

Weirdly, online stores seem to be differing from in-store items. As a couple of examples, if I ordered my Gamecube controller from Amazon or even the official UK nintendo store, I wouldn't have gotten it until well after the game's launch here (I guess it also didn't help that my copy of the game with the adapter failed to arrive on the promised date, but I digress). In contrast, I went into my nearest game store, and by coincidence, they had the controller, several in fact. The wall behind the counter of the GAME i entered was dominated by Amiibos too.

With the Marth Amiibo, the store I work at has one, and checking the stock of stores everywhere nearby suggested that they had one, but ordering the few in stock in online retailers wouldn't deliver the thing until January.

The Adapter for the gamecube controller is an online exclusive for the most part, so acquiring one, even by itself has to be done over the net, and it seems that the majority of Nintendo products are bought over the net as of late to the stock was indeed low. Besides, why would Nintendo keep selling the gamecube controller, but stop the adapter that you need to even use it in the first place?
wasn't there already an official announcement from nintendo? well if you mean if they decided to bring them back then yeah

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Man I've been finding difficulty find a Marth amiibo, b=hope the rumor is false and I can find one soon. I've seen quite a few Villager and WFTs but I don't really care for them at all to be honest.

But Limited Edition amiibos? What the f-

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
wasn't there already an official announcement from nintendo? well if you mean if they decided to bring them back then yeah
I was under the impression that Nintendo didn't give a statement saying the amiibos were discontinued. They said the adapter was just out of stock, but nothing had been said in regards to the amiibos in question

Alexander Samudio

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
I was under the impression that Nintendo didn't give a statement saying the amiibos were discontinued. They said the adapter was just out of stock, but nothing had been said in regards to the amiibos in question
are you sure? i could have sworn that nintendo officially stated that the 3 were discontinued.....wait a minute...OH MY GOD i feel so dumb right now,it was the retailers saying that not nintendo themselves. my mistake. i also feel dumb because my 50$ marth amiibo i won in an auction on ebay shipped today....man do i feel silly. well either way there most likely won't be any marth's for quite awhile so i probably made the best decision

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Picked up WFT earlier this week and ordered a Villager at Target for store pickup today (still not 100% sure that they won't email me later and say it's sold out.) Still can't find Marth, and I already have Yoshi, Mario, Samus, and Link.

I don't really like that some of them are so hard to find, but it is kinda fun. Me and my friend went Amiibo hunting around all the stores in our area that stock Nintendo games and found a Wii Fit Trainer which he got, and it was quite the experience scoring every display rack and getting shipping info from employees.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I now feel bad for the people who bought these Amiibo figures for hundreds of dollars.

StevoPhilo

Smash Rookie
I have a friend who works at Best Buy. He checked his local district in the system for a Marth amiibo.

They have -1 in a warehouse.

Um...
I work at Best Buy and that means they did a return or miscounted in the system. In the system it would say DELETED OR DISCONTINUED

There doesn't seem to be any credibility behind this so let's not jump the gun. I would say that they may be the least popular characters of all the amiibos out ATM. I honestly think the amiibos are kind of overrated if anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom