• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager amiibo discontinued - deconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
First the sold-out Gamecube controller adapters, now this? Nintendo is messing up! It's like they sell something everybody wants and not expect swarms of people buying it.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but just to make absolutely sure, I'm pre-ordering the Toon Link Amiibo because he's the one I want the most & I hate to see it get discontinued at the same time it's released.

Rumors never mean anything, so waiting for Nintendo giving a proper announcement is the only way to know.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
No sequel to Wii Fit U. Goodbye WFT.

Marth looks hideous. We're making a prettier version to release alongside Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem which you can unlock a fabulous looking tiara. Look out for it.

Villager looks too scary for our young players. Friendly versions coming soon to be announced in Spring's direct highlighting Animal Crossing U.
I hope you are right....

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Marth, Villager, and WFT Amiibos being discontinued? Eh, never cared for them much.
But, better make sure to get Mario, Kirby, and (maybe) Link and Samus in case they get discontinued. O_O

Last edited:

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
Marth, Villager, and WFT Amiibos being discontinued? Eh, never cared for them much.
But, better make sure to get Mario, Kirby, and (maybe) Link and Samus in case they get discontinued. O_O
Discontinue some of their most popular characters? Sounds like a sensible idea.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Are you. Freaking. KIDDING ME?!?!? Wii Fit Trainer and Villager were two of my most wanted!!! Wow. I cannot believe this -_-....if they went out so fast, why not make more to meet the demands? I don't understand this Nintendo....

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Don't care until an official announcement is made, also who would want Marth? He looks like ass.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Meh, if this was true, then it wouldn't matter to me because I wasn't planning on getting those three anyways.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I called my local gamestop and when I brought up the discontinuation of them, she told me she was about to tel me that. Luckily theres some Wii Fit Trainers there so I'm going tomorrow to get her. As for Villager, can't find him anywhere online for the most part :\

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Discontinue some of their most popular characters? Sounds like a sensible idea.
I don't know. I was always worried about really obscure characters like the Fire Emblem guys, Shulk, Palutena, and the retro reps but I didn't expect Villager to be so understock or Lucario to be a retail exclusive. Its sounding like there is such limited space for the amiibos that anyone who isn't extremely popular like Mario/Yoshi/Link/Pikachu is at risk at being phased out, at least at retail stores. I half expect that even moderately popular/well known characters like Samus/Fox/Diddy/Mega Man will become pretty hard to find sooner rather than later, especially when amiibos for non-Smash games start hitting the scene.

Purio

Smash Cadet
It's a shame, and... Kinda strange that they would be discontinued only after a month of being for sale. Most Amiibos flied off the shelves in all stores around here. You would think Nintendo would be shipping more out due to high sales. Real shame... I was unable to get Marth and Villager. Although I hope they make a Villager design like the one in my pic. At least DK and Samus were easy to get! I'll have to preorder the ones I want now knwoing they get discontinued fast and fly off the shelves.

... Wave two I have my eyes on Pit , Little Mac, Diddy, and Luigi.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What?! Already some amiibos are begining transformed to collectors items

They better not make the 4 most known characters in the world limited

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
This can't be happening... I thought about getting the Marth amiibo the day I got Sm4sh but went with Mario...
I was planning on getting a Marth for christmas or with christmas money...

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
My wife wanted a Wii Fit Trainer for Christmas as she mains her. After reading this I went out and bought one. I had to go to two Walmarts and the one that did have any only had two. Tons of Mario and Donkey Kong though.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's really not fair that Nintendo's doing this.

Do you know what a Villager main is like without his Villager Amiibo?

cryface, thats what.
If only Villager can just pull one out a pocket "hey, guys... I have a few in a slot" :c

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I feel like they've been out for a day or two, and already they're discontinuing them..

Nintendo, do you even want people to support the wii U? You're not trying hard enough. Furthermore, why the hell did you have new CG commercials made for OLD 3DS GAMES!? MAKE SOME WII U COMMERCIALS, SERIOUSLY

D

Deleted member

What the ****?

TWO WEEKS AND THEY'RE BEING PHASE OUT? How can this even be remotely good business decisions? At least give it a couple of months for god's sake.

Now I have to start buying the damn Amiibos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Just bought a WFT amiibo online(for less than double the suggested price mind you) just in case this rumour does turn out to be true. I don't want to end up paying an arm and a leg just because I didn't get it in time.

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829

rip you beautiful creature ;_;7
It's weird this pic of him is the only one that gets attention. Mine looks nowhere near that bad in the face in person. Of course he's not how he looked at e3, but not this bad either.

haydyn

Smash Cadet
noooo! yesterday I bought a pikachu amiibo and when i walked to the till i saw one villager and one marth before buying pikachu, I need to get back there!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm sorry, this is ****ed up. Nintendo ****ed up. HARD.

Cancelling 1/4 of an extremely popular product when it hasn't been out for two weeks, and before the time where everyone would buy them, ie, Christmas.

I gotta pray my Walmart has some Marth and Villager left. Way to **** up, Nintendo...

This looks a lot angrier after I posted it.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose this is a great way to increase Amiibo sales. Everyone is going to rush out and buy Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager now; not only that, but people are going to be more inclined to buy Amiibos of their favorite characters in fear that they will be discontinued after a couple of weeks.

I guess if you want Marth, you had better save up 90 dollars. Amiright?! :troll:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Crazily the price of the non-discontinued amiibo has skyrocketed too.

Here in the UK we have Mario, of all characters, who was £10 last week is now £16.50. Several retailers have run out of all Amiibo and the only ones that seem readily available are Peach and Fox(Game) and Mario, Link, Samus and Pikachu(Asda; aka Wal-Mart).

The second wave are set to arrive in two weeks...pre-orders for them are still around £10.33 on Amazon, but I feel they may skyrocket soon too.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If only Villager can just pull one out a pocket "hey, guys... I have a few in a slot" :c
Please don't make e cry, Hayzie.

My only hope is I live in Panama. Meaning, they might still have them!.......hopefully...

haydyn

Smash Cadet
Crazily the price of the non-discontinued amiibo has skyrocketed too.

Here in the UK we have Mario, of all characters, who was £10 last week is now £16.50. Several retailers have run out of all Amiibo and the only ones that seem readily available are Peach and Fox(Game) and Mario, Link, Samus and Pikachu(Asda; aka Wal-Mart).

The second wave are set to arrive in two weeks...pre-orders for them are still around £10.33 on Amazon, but I feel they may skyrocket soon too.

if you went to GAME then all of the amiibo's prices have gone up to 14.99 i thought this was bad but when i went on amazon all the amiibo figures went up to almost 17.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom