• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager amiibo discontinued - deconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/541266788441665536
Nintendo has officially discontinued Marth, Wii Fit Trainer & Villager amibos. Sorry folks these are gone forever #Amibo #Nintendo #soldout
@VideoGamesPlus_ Is this satire?
@LotsaNintendo We wish. We have been notified by our official Nintendo distributor.
I don't get Nintendo sometimes... They hype the hell out of amiibos and then discontinue some of them before Christmas?

Take this with a grant of salt, though.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
...seriously? All this hype and Marth pretty much sold out everywhere, and then this happens. WTF?! Expecting this to be false, and hoping too. The loss of these 3 amiibos won't affect me personally (do not plan on getting those 3), but that would be terrible if it turned out to be true.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know.
The Amiibos have only been out for a couple months, why cut them now (especially Marth)?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I somehow ended up with 2 Marth amiibos.
I returned one of them but now I regret it. I should have kept him in the box.

Reila

Some posts on the NeoGAF thread kind of support this:
Moonlight said:
Was told this by an EBGames clerk yesterday. Well, about Marth specifically. I asked if they still had him in and she told me he was totally discontinued. Expunged from their computer system, too. They're dead.
Zeyphersan said:
I work at a retailer and can confirm that these are no longer available for order
They're dead, Jim

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I have a friend who works at Best Buy. He checked his local district in the system for a Marth amiibo.

They have -1 in a warehouse.

Um...

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Dang, that really sucks. I have a feeling this'll happen with Shulk, I need to make sure I get one before he gets discontinued.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
What? Why would they do this? Skylanders and Disney Infinity don't get discontinued this fast. :/ That's great Nintendo, just keep the boring old Mario ones.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow... that's so stupid. Guess I better start collecting these amiibos ASAP!

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Gonna start to keep mine sealed for weeks and find out which ones are rare, so those stay boxed. Luckily my Marth is still boxed. ALSO note that Amiibo's are NOT region locked so you could import them in other regions if this regions Amiibo's discontinue.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hearing this made me create a list of amiibo I think may be discontinued before the rest of that wave:
-Marth
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Captain Falcon
-Little Mac
-Shulk
-Meta Knight
-Lucario
-Shiek
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ness
-Mr. Game and Watch
-R.O.B.
-Duck Hunt
-Dr. Mario
-Dark Pit
-Lucina
-Mii's (off topic but do you think Mii's will get amiibo's?)
Reasoning:
Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager already gone
Captain Falcon and Little Mac have not had a game in a while (5 years let's assume)
Shulk, Meta Knight, and Lucario are retailer exclusive (Gamestop, Best Buy, and Toys r Us (U.S. only, no idea what equivalent for other regions would be)
Shiek, Ness, and Zero Suit Samus are honestly random guesses
R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt due to being retro (I actually should buy a duck hunt amiibo)
Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario due to clone status
Everyone else I think may be available awhile (assuming nothing else comes up)

Ephemiel

Smash Cadet
Yeah, let's discontinue the Amiibo of one of the most famous characters in the roster and the main Fire Emblem rep since Melee, good idea there.

Reila

Yeah, let's discontinue the Amiibo of one of the most famous characters in the roster and the main Fire Emblem rep since Melee, good idea there.
He is also a character that is only popular in Smash Bros. It is not surprising, Marth fans vastly overestimate his popularity.

Villager being discontinued is more bizarre, since Animal Crossing is a successful series since the first title, plus Villager will be playable in Mario Kart 8 too.

Then again, if this is true, all amiibo might be discontinued at some point.

Ephemiel

Smash Cadet
He is also a character that is only popular in Smash Bros. It is not surprising, Marth fans vastly overestimate his popularity.

Villager being discontinued is more bizarre, since Animal Crossing is a successful series since the first title, plus Villager will be playable in Mario Kart 8 too.

Then again, if this is true, all amiibo might be discontinued at some point.
He's only popular in Smash Bros and every fan of the Fire Emblem series which has about 13 games, Awakening being a sequel to Marth's 2 Fire Emblem titles [both of which are the only Fire Emblem titles to get remakes], animes and crossovers including one with Shin Megami Tensei.. Yep, only popular in Smash Bros alright.

Last edited:

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
I'm waiting on an official word from Nintendo before react. There was countless amounts of incorrect info about Smash before it's release.

DinosaurPwn

Smash Rookie
Wow, last night I ordered a marth amiibo on amazon for 40$ because they are sold out of my entire state it seems. Reading this, I think I wont be opening the package now even though, that is one of the few amiibos I wanted to train :\. I learned my lesson and will be preordering all of the amiibos I want in the future. Any ideas which amiibos will be most rare in the upcoming waves?

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
Wow, last night I ordered a marth amiibo on amazon for 40$ because they are sold out of my entire state it seems. Reading this, I think I wont be opening the package now even though, that is one of the few amiibos I wanted to train :\. I learned my lesson and will be preordering all of the amiibos I want in the future. Any ideas which amiibos will be most rare in the upcoming waves?
Shulk, Meta Knight, and Lucario are all prime suspects due to being retail exclusives. Little Mac and Captain Falcon are because they are really big nintendo faces either.

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
Glad I got a marth amiibo like last week when they restocked at walmart. Although I kind of wish I had gotten a second one now to resell. Them not planning to sell them for very long might explain why the Marth amiibos look like complete garbage.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Lovely. Because I couldn't find Marth or Villager earlier, I will never have them now. Thanks Nintendo. Thanks a whole ****ing lot.

Seriously, who does this after two weeks?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
BUT
I WAS GONNA GET A VILLAGER AMIIBO
AND HAVE IT'S COLOR SWAP BE THE GIRL WITH THE EYE BROWS
BILLAGER
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
BUT
I WAS GONNA GET A VILLAGER AMIIBO
AND HAVE IT'S COLOR SWAP BE THE GIRL WITH THE EYE BROWS
BILLAGER
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
It isn't like the villagers are hard to find. You can order them from pretty much any online retailer currently. The only people who should be upset in this thread are the people who couldn't find Marth amiibos, because they were pretty much sold out everywhere after the first day. As for the other two, if you want them then you should go pick them up soon if the information that they are discontinued provides to be true.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Glad I haven't started to collect them yet. As an FE fan, I'm kinda bummed to hear about no more Marth, but I guess that's just what happens.

Guess it's time to start pre-ordering the exclusive retailer ones. Probably best to get WFT while they're still available.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
You can't treat the Hero King himself like this?! He's the prince of Altea, Nintendo! Why do you treat him like this.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Like others have said, I can't understand why they'd discontinue these amiibo so soon after their release. Nintendo spent a long time hyping them up and getting people excited for them, and then bam gone so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom