• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Vs. Snake match up

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Anyone else having a problem with the Marth to Snake match up? I find myself having a harder time with Snakes rather than Metas.
Two qestions i need answered.
1) Is it just me?
2) What can i do to help my chances

Also. any good counterpicks?
Should i be aggressive?
Should i be defensive?
Ive seen this happon alot. i have no idea how but yeah, please help me out here. snake throws a grenade. marth jumps and catches it. then OMG! marth drops it without pressing anything. VietG know what im talking about, its happoned to me quite a few times too..

If there is a thread on this, sorry i didnt see just gimi a link and lock this thread down.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Yeah, I made (in my opinion), a really in depth one, but somehow a significant portion of it got deleted. Most of the meat of the guide is still there though.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
:snake:Snake 45:55 Snake

Summary:

This is a very close match up. Snake is a very fast attacker on the ground and controls the stage with his explosives and tilts. You must play extra smart in this match to not fall into any of his traps, explosives etc.

Approaching Snake can be a problem, however you must or he can just throw **** at you. If he is nade tossing see if you can use them against him. If it isn't cooked for very long grab the nade and either glide toss that thing > whatever you wish, or run up to him with your shield and have it blow up in his face.

Once you are inside his nades you must be patient and pick your spots; rush in with an aerial and chances are you will eat an ftilt to the face. Marth's dtilt outranges everything Snake has on the ground except for the second hit of his ftilt, so keep that in mind. If his ftilt hits your shield you have a few options to punish him. You can DS right out or simply shield drop to dancing blade. Your goal at this point is to get inside those tilts and proceed to put on the hurt.

Get Snake in the air. Snake SUCKS in the air while Marth thrives. This is where your juggle traps come into play and can really rack up the damage on Snake. If you do it right he will have a real hard time getting back on his feet, if he ever does. You want to do SHFF up airs underneath him. If he will air dodge past those up smash him as he comes down, that hit box is so messed up it will probably be able to hit Snake just as he comes out of his AD. You can also just grab him and up throw again.. or even dancing blade up version, what ever you do you effectively reset the situation.

Marth can also harass Snake's recovery big time. You will most likely be able to get in a few aerials while he is dangling from his cypher. Once he successfully recovers high you can just reset your juggle trap, he's in the perfect position for it. Do keep in mind Snake can reverse b his grenades and C4, so you may have to do a little chasing if the Snake is good at it.

Some final notes... if you have Snake on the ledge you should be able to trap him there pretty effectively. He doesn't have very good options when getting back up. (but know he can do the exact same thing to you, be smart and don't "jump into the ****")

Snake has a good grab game so don't be predictable with your wake ups.

His up tilt will kill you pretty early.

Discussion:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181156
Here ya go buddy.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
just a simple question u dont have to go 8yrold xbox live on me =[

and thank you for the link :D greatly appriciated

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
Also, the event you described in which the Marth suddenly drops a grenade for no reason is probably grenade stripping. When Snake tosses a grenade, the Marth can pick it up. If, after the first grenade is grabbed, Snake pulls out a second grenade and shield drops it, the first grenade will fall to the ground, even if Marth is holding it. In addition, the other character does not have to be Marth. It could be anyone who picks a grenade up.

Top Bottom