• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth v Lucario

AeonXStrife

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have tips with this matchup? This guy I know plays him and all he does is spam counter and Aura Sphere and smashes when I get up close or just rolls away. Eventually he got really predictable and I started to learn how to mindgame him so I get close to killing him. The thing is that I haven't gotten the brawl timing down yet on air dodges etc. so his Aura spheres usually hit me. I try to go counter for counter but my timings are usually really bad with it.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Don't bother trying to counter his counter, you'd have to do it almost instantly after he counters you to even hit him. I think it's good that you're trying to mind game him and adjust to his tactics to fight back but I think you would benefit more from working on air dodges and timing in general first, since it will help you fight all characters, not just lucario.

∫unk

Smash Master
Does anyone have tips with this matchup? This guy I know plays him and all he does is spam counter and Aura Sphere and smashes when I get up close or just rolls away. Eventually he got really predictable and I started to learn how to mindgame him so I get close to killing him. The thing is that I haven't gotten the brawl timing down yet on air dodges etc. so his Aura spheres usually hit me. I try to go counter for counter but my timings are usually really bad with it.
Don't stand under Lucario, down air will **** you.

Dodging Aura Sphere... practice? Always be expecting it.

It's hard to tell what you're doing without a video, but if he's like 95% of players, he's just going to hit c-stick in your direction once he sees you drop your shield or once you've attacked his shield, so use tilts to make him lower his shield, then you can go for some quick aerials. His counter and smashes have slow startup so once your close as you should have the advantage.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You do realize if you grab him, his counter wont hurt you right?

Put up your shield and shieldgrab his smashes, it seems like you're being far too aggressive by how hes hurting you. D-tilt has ASAI frames on it so use that if you must jump into the fray, you can fake him out by d-tilting then f-smashing during the ASAI frames to catch his counterattack.

Marth is spacing for the most part, this is very general but too many people ignore this. Tippers are marths edge, use them.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lucario players sometimes let you hit them to raise their damage, then they dodge like a fiend while charging aura sphere. To stop this, approach lucario while he is charging the sphere (do this while his damage is low) and wait for him to dodge (cuz he will) then grab or combo the chump. If he charges up an aura sphere early in the match, u can count on him saving it till his damage gets higher.

V

Smash Ace
one of my friends is a good lucario and doesnt spam aura sphere or double team. i usually am very effective when i approach him from the air or with dancing blade, using B B B down B for the combo

Ulciroa

Smash Cadet
I main Lucario and fun marth, so I can help a bit.

Most of the better players don't spam DT, but sometimes do. if you think he's gonna DT, just sidestep (in case he ends up attacking) then use your Side B or any long ranged attack you have. DO NOT LAUNCH HIME INTO THE AIR. That's where Lucario does really well. A lot of lucario's attacks are really slow so if you see him try to attack, use your counter. If he does the Baby Aura Sphere thing, just roll out of the way.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
As others have said, don't get under him period. Throw in some empty SH's to see if he counters, when he does, dashgrab, throw up or forward and try to combo in the air. Get fast enough to counter AS or at least dodge it, it's not that fast of a projectile, it's just beastly. Ultimately, i think marth has a bit more range than Luke, so use it to your advantage fully.

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
Brawl gameplay is slower then melee gameplay...its harder to combo and time attacks...
so for lucario the basic game is to play "Catch me if u Can" if u are able to sidestep Aura Sphere easily then u can own him. First start by charging and rushing. Get him to about 50% and them let him come to u. If he charges sidestep and smash. Trust me it works ive done it many times.

Top Bottom