• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth on Marth Combo Finishing

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I have a problem against Marth, my uair/fair/bair/grab combos always end with the opposing Marth too high.

What is a reliable way of landing a tippered fsmash after a 0%-50% combo? Should I be doing sourspot fairs? Sourspot bairs?

D

Deleted member

you should just hit him off the stage with something stupid like weak fairs or dtilt and keep doing it because he'll be helpless/dead anyway.

marth isn't about combos or kill power, he just happens to be good at them. marth is about getting the opponent into bad positions and keeping them there until they die because his range is impossible to beat from those bad positions. if you play to combos and kill power rather than positioning, you will get frustrated very quickly.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
If you have in in a spot where you're comboing at the edge of the stage, he either gets to DI into your ken combo or DI offstage with your fairs and get put into an edgeguarding position. (Most people choose the first thing, even good players, idk why).

Otherwise, he can just DI down and away to get out of fair nonsense, so just juggle him upwards with up moves like you are doing. Trapping them above you and doing infinity damage/knocking them offstage as they try to come down is really key

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
If you hit 'em with a fair and it looks like they are too high up for a spike, try an aerial reverse up-b finisher, if it looks like they are still too high for that, try a neu-b.

Top Bottom