• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth matchup discussion

Judo777

Smash Master
No its not? I stated for characters i know and play well, which in that case I feel its about 100% accurate.

If i felt like doing others

Snake
-utilt

Kirby
-fsmash
-dsmash

diddy
-none?

Its not hard. and thats besides the point. your claim was the most attacks in the game are weaker at range and thats just completely wrong. For every snake utilt, kirby fsmash etc which is stronger at a base, there are 10 attacks which are the exact same at range.

Also iir Marths usmash can not technically tipper either since the non-tipper hitbox sucks people into the tipper one anyway, it does the exact same damage/knockback. And as for utilt, the tipper does more damage but only the reverse hit of the non-tip has more KO potential. Its a completely unique attack in that regard.
While i realize i misquoted my claim based on the context i think it wasn't too far off. My claim was that most moves in the game are more effective at closer ranges than farther ones. I actually think i can still get away with that argument since strong is such a lose term. Most moves in the game that do the exact same damage work better at closer ranges cause they can be followed up easier. So technically my claim wasn't wrong. Now isn't this a dumb conversation?

Point is PSing marth isn't hard. Even if you dont you can punish marth's hit on shield. And needles punish every jump. Use those tools and once marth is offstage keep him there which isn't hard. Lastly exploit phantom lag like its ur job.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't see what's so hard to understand about what Judo is saying. Powershielding hurts Marth more than most other characters....go ask Marth mains.

Marth plays more like a traditional fighting game character in that he is a character that wants to zone you to death. Most characters in Brawl don't play like this....therefore Powershielding hurts Marth bad.

The reason he is so good is the advantages he gets from shield pushback and being frame safe....you powershield him and you can eliminate those advantages for the most part.....especially with Sheik or characters that can punish usually unpunishable stuff.

Top Bottom