• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's True Combos!

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Alright it's time something like this was done so...I took a bunch of time and tested these combos based on what training considers combos and tested them on a human who knows how to DI. I'm going to try to go more in-depth on how to actually make these combos work later, but for now just try these out on different characters and see how they work. I tested these combos on many characters and some of them work at earlier percents than others. Keep in mind that hitstun in Brawl is partially related to knockback so some combos only work around 50+ dmg. Also, this list does not include fireball combos since those go without saying.

Mario's true combos!

"Weak" Dair grounded hitbox to Up B

"Weak" Dair grounded hitbox to Jab

"Weak" Nair to Up B

"Weak" Nair to Jab

"Weak" Nair to Ftilt

"Weak" Nair to Dsmash

"Weak" Nair to Usmash

"Weak" Nair to Dtilt (Honestly, who really cares?)

Uair to Uair; I was really inconsistant on this one but it did show up as a true combo many times

Uair to Nair; ^same as Uair to Uair

Uair to Dair; ^same as above

Uair to Dair to Jab; cool but hella hard to do

Uair to Dair to Up B; very hard to do

Utilt to Up B

AZOMG's contributions:

Uair to Up B

D-air -> U-air (low percents)

Again, I'll try to clean things up with this later and I really need more testing done on Uair combos because they only showed up as combos about 50% of the time.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
No lie this is nice but there all two piece hits. not really a combo but linkable moves (is anything).

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
No lie this is nice but there all two piece hits. not really a combo but linkable moves (is anything).
These all are true combos, not strings. Anyway, the most practical combos I found were the Uair combos and the Utilt to Up B combo.

Cool, can you see if bair will combo into anything, or did you already try that?
I've tried that but so far Bair doesn't have any true combos, still a great juggling move with good follow-ups though.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
Ha I love the combo-ness of his uair.
Are there any "true" combos involving fireballs?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
At mid percents:

Uair -> Uair -> Dthrow -> Uair -> Uair

Also, Dair grounded to Usmash is a true combo at certain percents.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Add these:

D-air -> U-air (low percents)

U-air -> Up-B
Alright, added Uair to Up B. Also, for Dair to Uair, could you give me a better description of how you go from the Dair into the Uair?

At mid percents:

Uair -> Uair -> Dthrow -> Uair -> Uair
That's a string, not a combo. Still good though and hard for opponents to get out of.

Also, Dair grounded to Usmash is a true combo at certain percents.
Really? It never worked for me, I'll have to test it some more later.

Ha I love the combo-ness of his uair.
Are there any "true" combos involving fireballs?
Yah, read the first paragraph lol.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
What does a weak Dair mean. Could someone show me an example in a vid or explain it to me?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Checked.

It's not really a 'true' combo, but it would take godly reflexes to be able to dodge it. You land the fsmash practically the moment your opponent is able to move again.

So, it's not inesapable, but it's as close as you're going to get. Landing lag also causes opponents to have more lag time added to them, so yeah.

I'd say it fits the bill.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Alright, added Uair to Up B. Also, for Dair to Uair, could you give me a better description of how you go from the Dair into the Uair?
At low percents, the final hit of the D-air COMBOS into like any double jumped aerial attack. This is because the D-air has crazy low ending lag, and the last hit of it has high vertical knockback ( = high hitstun).

This video is a great example of that combo in use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQlzBQ4w58&feature=channel_page

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Checked.

It's not really a 'true' combo, but it would take godly reflexes to be able to dodge it. You land the fsmash practically the moment your opponent is able to move again.

So, it's not inesapable, but it's as close as you're going to get. Landing lag also causes opponents to have more lag time added to them, so yeah.

I'd say it fits the bill.
Yah, but I'm only listing true combos. We could make another thread on strings and juggles though.

At low percents, the final hit of the D-air COMBOS into like any double jumped aerial attack. This is because the D-air has crazy low ending lag, and the last hit of it has high vertical knockback ( = high hitstun).

This video is a great example of that combo in use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQlzBQ4w58&feature=channel_page
So, does it show up as a combo in training mode?

Teh Future

Smash Master
if you fast fall bair it can combo into a jab, uptilt, or dsmash at low percents. Regardless of whether it shows up as a combo n training mode, if you perform it correctly it will work.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Yeah. I kinda discovered this one months ago lol.
Alright, I'll add it.

SH Dair to DJ -> UpB at low %'s is a combo I believe.
I've already got something like that on the list and please check combos via training mode since it's mainly how I based this list.

if you fast fall bair it can combo into a jab, uptilt, or dsmash at low percents. Regardless of whether it shows up as a combo n training mode, if you perform it correctly it will work.
If it doesn't show up as a combo in training mode it means that it's probally just a string.

Top Bottom