• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's strength's. A topic dedicated to ONLY discussing character strengths.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
This topic is dedicated to discussing Mario's strength's in Brawl.

NO WEAKNESSES. I don't want people saying ''Just counterpick to D3 and Infinite'' That pisses me off hardcore.

Moving on

Everyone should contribute at least 1 post.

My 2 cents.

Mario is incredibly fun in Brawl.
His biggest strengths (for me) we're his amazing aerial comboability. 2 uairs in a SH is awesome.

Fireball's are amazing. You can actually camp some characters like CF with those golden fireballs of justice.

Fludd is fun to use, a great gimper. It also has the ability to extend animations. Useful on laggy aerials such as the ones used by Snake.
Stutter Step Fsmash is win. And it's strength is amazing when tipped upwards too.

Mario's a great team player. (seriously, have you SEEN Heromystic's sig!)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Everyone knows about Mario's surperb gimping abilities so that's a given. Anyway, I think fireballs and the FLUDD still have some untapped potential. Mario's Utilt lock is pretty good, and Mario can perform some long aerial strings. Mario's Up B is pretty much like Marth's Up B except a little less punishable. Teh cape is ****, enough said.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
SH... do u even play mario?
???

I thought Mario could only SH to uairs. And semi bair.
dair-too long
nair-too long
fair-WAY to long.
cape-too long.

2 of them seems iffy IDK haven't played as Martio in a while.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Gimping/Edgeguarding opponents with mario is so much fun (using cape, FLUDD, and fireballs).

I want to see their face when mario capes their character and they fall down to their doom!

Does anyone have this awesome feeling when successfully completing a meteor smash with mario?

viparagon

Smash Ace
???

dair-too long
nair-too long
fair-WAY to long.
cape-too long.

my apologeze, but he can do a bunch of stuff, judge made a thread about it...
yeah, those are the only things...

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
???

dair-too long
nair-too long
fair-WAY to long.
cape-too long.

Not true man i just did an nair to a bair on an SH ?.?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Mario's a rapist. that's his biggest strength. j/k lol. but it's true. what I love about him is the ability to EASILY turn from aggressive *alot of marios go aggressive lol*, to defensive and vice versa. He's so versatile is definitly a good double's partner pick.

May I remind you monk+polmex = Fludd into a shoryuken much? ****ing ****...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
???

dair-too long
nair-too long
fair-WAY to long.
cape-too long.

Dair ends in the air, so you can do all but Fair after it before you land from SH. Can't start a SH with a Nair, but you can end with it. You can Uair-Uair, Uair-Bair, Bair-Uair, or Bair-Bair.

Fair ends in the air from Full hop, so you can fit another aerial if you buffer it.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Dair ends in the air, so you can do all but Fair after it before you land from SH. Can't start a SH with a Nair, but you can end with it. You can Uair-Uair, Uair-Bair, Bair-Uair, or Bair-Bair.

Fair ends in the air from SH, so you can fit another aerial if you buffer it.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Top Bottom