• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Vs Luigi Playstyle for me :D what about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingkira

Smash Rookie
I played luigi, failed with him, moved on lalala couple months later, i want to play mario, COMPLETELY AMAZED by his gimping ability, cape, fluud and aircombos, played mario, got really good with him too;), oneday, i was like lets play a LUIGI! see if i can actually use him now

BUT THEN I

when i played luigi, i was actually pretty decent too ; O, but i found it, i play EXTREMELY differently with each character. To start!

When i play mario, i play defensively with fireballs, spam them all day long, waiting for a good time to strike, grab, or w/e, focus on using bair and uair but use smashes quite a bit,

however when i play luigi, i'm more agreesive, because of the lack of usefulness of marios fireballs compared to luigis, i got forced to play more air based attacks, use sh nair and dair, but i dont' use bair as much O_O and i smash less and SOMEHOW combo more with luigi.

Tell me if your mario + luigi playing styles different even though they are quite similer in movesets and stuff

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think all of us here use both Luigi and Mario with the exception for maybe 400 people.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Someone **** me please. In the future, I fore see many repeats of Mario v Luigi flame wars.

How can we avoid this? You main both them and at the same time meat-ride Boss.

but tl;dr both characters are different, have similar playstyles and different purposes, "goals".

bobson

Smash Lord
A lot of times I'll be losing to someone over and over and then switch to Luigi and inexplicably win one match. Only one, though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why do people make or care about these threads?

I'll let you Weegee's decide if this should get spiked or not -_-

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I represent the Mario community, and I say SPIKE THAT NUGGAH

Also Mario is better </biasness>.

But in all realness... Luigi has some advantages over Mario, and vice versa. What Mario lacks, Luigi covers, and vice versa as well.. Really depends on your play style and what ever you're fighting..

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I played luigi, failed with him, moved on lalala couple months later, i want to play mario, COMPLETELY AMAZED by his gimping ability, cape, fluud and aircombos, played mario, got really good with him too;), oneday, i was like lets play a LUIGI! see if i can actually use him now

BUT THEN I

when i played luigi, i was actually pretty decent too ; O, but i found it, i play EXTREMELY differently with each character. To start!

When i play mario, i play defensively with fireballs, spam them all day long, waiting for a good time to strike, grab, or w/e, focus on using bair and uair but use smashes quite a bit,

however when i play luigi, i'm more agreesive, because of the lack of usefulness of marios fireballs compared to luigis, i got forced to play more air based attacks, use sh nair and dair, but i dont' use bair as much O_O and i smash less and SOMEHOW combo more with luigi.

Tell me if your mario + luigi playing styles different even though they are quite similer in movesets and stuff
What a very common thread, you should feel bad about posting this.

But I have to say it depends how you use the character.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'll let you Weegee's decide if this should get spiked or not -_-

I represent the weegee community, and I say SPIKE THAT NUGGAH

Also luigi is better and sexier in every single way.
lmao LK your epicly too funny

Yesh I say SPIKE THAT NUGGAH!

yeah lock that **** up lol. We're don't like having too much mario v luigi comparsion threads anyways.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wizkick Spike, imo. We've had plenty of these, and it just isn't a unique subject.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Isn't it like the third in two weeks ? ._.
I am for the spike too D=

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Mario all that much because I like Luigi alot better, but occasionally I'll pickup Mario for a few matches. I play them essentially the same though, extremely aggressive. Mario has a better ground game but Luigi is god in the air so that's the only real difference. I consider both of their fireballs to be the same quality, just different ways of implementing them. I use Mario's to rack up damage, whereas I use Luigi's to pester people into coming closer to me.

I love love love love love Luigi's combo ability from the ground. Get in close, down throw (bounces em up a few feet) follow with a short hop, neutral air, up tilt. That's a good 40% damage right there in a few seconds. I start every match with that and the only way to get out of it is an air dodge which is tough to pull off depending which character you're using it against for the down throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom