• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Video Archive

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
every time he did one of those regular jumps from the ledge (idk what it's called) he DJ'd afterward
could've sent him offstage with a bair/nair and then edgeguard a much slower captain falcon

dair more against ganon. preferably FH dair. usually they can uair your dair, but this ganon didn't seem to be punishing your approaches...well at all

there was also one part where the ganon rolled in and you just Fulljumped. I think that was a missed WD but still a rule of thumb is if someone is threatened by the edge they are probably going to roll towards the middle of the stage

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
yeah the jump was supposed to be sh Uair

at first, i did Dair ganon alot until he started to outrange with Uairs and Fairs

alot of the time i dont even mean to Full jump

but i like to keep moving so i can catch them slipping.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
but i like to keep moving so i can catch them slipping.
not always the best philosophy because you're movement gets predictable after awhile
I personally couldn't read it but better players are probably going to WD forward and see what you do
from there you get ***** once they know the strategy

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
i have a plan for that if it were to ever come up.

wd backwards with a jab
camp fireballs
tilt more
grab more

i only played like that because i knew the ganon couldnt really read the way i played

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
the first one was funny, nice comeback btw

come in with uair, not nair
just fsmash him if he refuses to sweetspot, the cape worked like once
abuse the platforms more. mario's platform game is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
no you kept trying to ledge guard me with a Bair so ill would go as low as i could and would recover with a sweetspot ledge grab and he fell.......Game

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
why would he fastfall the bair

in this specific situation

that I have been refferring to

this whole time
:glare:
lol its all good hes just comming out of retirement so i pointed it out to him and told him that he should never do that unless hes a stock up and guaranteed the kill

a rookie

Smash Ace
Hell yeah that's ****! Think about that if you're a stock ahead and that's his last stock. You can go all out on that *** with 4-5 back-airs!

Multiple back-air suicide kill > Doc

Top Bottom