• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario or Kirby

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kirby.

I, for one, am TIRED of seeing Mario as the hero! Who's with me!?!
LOL. I back that verdict...sorta.

see my avi and sig.
So, you'll use Mario, eh? :laugh:

Anyways...whoever wins gets PWNED by Petey Piranha. The first smash character I ever played in smash (in SSB64, a week after it came out in the USA at a friend's house), and my SSB64 main from 1998 to about 8 months ago! >_< My *NEW* SSB644 main is Mario.

So, I decieded I shall do the Subspace Emissary with my younger brother, and we shall be diffrent characters every round. So, I start off as Mario, him as Kirby. Then I got dibbs on Peach next, while he's Mario. Then, I get Kirby, or if he somehow magically beats me, he gets Mario, and we save Zelda. >_< Then, I got Mario, he gets Pit. I get Pit, he gets Mario. I get Zelda, then he gets Kirby, and then I get Kirby, he gets Zelda. Then I get pimp (or Diddy Kong), he gets Donkey Kong. Then the opposite. Then I get Fox, he gets Diddy Kong (MA MELEE MAINZ!).

So that way we both get a feel for each character's moves and stuff, and we'll keep trying them out post-Subspace Emissary completition, and we'll know who we work with, and strategies to beat each character. Then we get all the stages, CDs, and stuff, and then we train a lot. And then, I go online, and TAKE OVER THE SMASH WORLD! MWYHAHAHAHAHAHA! THERE IS NOTHING ANY OF YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME! DIE TO THE SHINE! DIE TO THE FIREBALL SPAMMAGE! DIE TO THE PEANUT GUNS! DIE TO THE SWORD! MWYHAHAHAHA! *calms down* So ya, I got it all planned out! :)

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Mario most likely, after Melee came out Kirby was no fun to me, also i like Mario more

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Actually Sakurai said, you can replay certain levels. So I bet someone already completed and chose to play as Mario's team against Petey, while there being no cutscene.

I’ll make it so you’ll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you’ve already cleared the game, so it’s OK if you don’t hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mario, always.

I like Kirby, its just Mario was my main in Melee, so I feel obligated to pick him in SSE.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hold on a sec. Are you posotive you can choose which one saes the princesses? While watching the trailer, the person selected Mario. He beat Kirby, and then was knocked away by the cannonball.

And if you can choose Mario and Not Kirby to save them, how would he escape? Kirby escapes using a star, I dont see Mario doing that.

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman
Hold on a sec. Are you posotive you can choose which one saes the princesses? While watching the trailer, the person selected Mario. He beat Kirby, and then was knocked away by the cannonball.

And if you can choose Mario and Not Kirby to save them, how would he escape? Kirby escapes using a star, I dont see Mario doing that.
Mario could use a warp pipe.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Sorry, but did I miss something? I didn't see where it was confirmed that you could fight Petey as Mario.

Wait, wasn't that just selecting who you fight as between the Mario and Kirby match? I don't remember anything about choosing who you get to fight as Petey with.
There's video of Mario fighting Petey if I remember correctly. Look around.

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
Mario cause he is the closest to luigi who was my main and will continue to be...

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I dont even think you have a choice to be Mario against Petey. And how would Mario escape with a Princess? Not on a warp star... but maybe

Jeo

Smash Rookie
I've already seen what happens when you choose Mario so I'll choose Kirby and save Peach w/Mario. (If I win with Kirby and he gets knocked out leaving Mario behind)

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
It's possible, maybe he has a...Flying Shooting Star Vehicle (it could work!).

Following isn't mine. Thought I'd add to the topic. Anything is possible.

-Credits: UMSAuthorLava-

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman

This is for people who don´t think mario can fight petey.
It can be seen on the nintendo conference movie on the dojo.

edit: Aarrgh, too late :(

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312

Hmm, wow I didn't notice that. My bad guys.

RiptheReaper

Smash Apprentice

probly Mario can only fight Petey,with the Boss battles mode or whatever it is(trophy stand update)no with SSE,btw Mario could escape with the winged cap(Super Mario 64)got that idea right now.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Whoever told you that was lying. Kirby wasn't playable at E4All.
He was playable in the JumpFesta demo. And Mario seems to be the best character in E4All demo. It's difficult to tell how strong Kirby is compared to Mario. Kirby got nice buffs, but Mario seems to be a little bit overporwerd.

And I will use Kirby. What happens to Pit (he is looking at the fight and interrupt with few scenes), when I kirbycide Mario? The scenes can't be shown.
I think it's one of the first things I'll try.

Maggirus

80W53R

Smash Apprentice
I personally like mario better than kirby. I play better with him mario. When it comes to who i will pick to fight petey, i'm going with kirby.

There will ALWAYS be a boss in the game and just because you're going to pick who youre going to fight the boss doesnt mean that pit and the other character will never encounter a boss.

I think pit and mario are a good team. Mario is a good DPS and pit is the tank type.

When it comes to who ill save, ill go for peach because none of my friends and i play zelda as good as the other characters. Plus we think peach and kirby are a better team. What do you think?

Top Bottom