• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario or Kirby

Metaray42

Smash Rookie
Would you pick Mario or Kirby to fight petey pirahna (the other one meets pit). And, yes, you can choose mario or kirby to fight petey pirahna.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Mario naturally, Italians > dreams. Besides let's think about this logically, Mario can shoot fire, Petey is a plant, fire burns plants(BURN PETEY BUUURRRNNN!!!)

But on that point a random thought popped into my head, Zelda has fire powers too. And that cage has some very large gaps...plus she is magic, what is to stop her from burning that giant plant from inside her cage? she is captured, it's not like he can really risk hurting her more or else he might get on Wario's bad side.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
NiGHTS resents this...
NiGHTS can resent it if he wants, too bad he can't defend his side(Mario is in game, he isn't)

Logic? In SMASH BROS.?! The only logic is that gravity goes down...Also, by your "logic", Pikachu should pwn Squirtle every time.
And that isn't true just gives pika adv(in pokemon), even in the show there were times when squirt beat pika because of superior skills.

...and there is a slight(extremely slight) possibility that Sakurai may wish to add a small amount of logic to this, his final smash project...

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Mario all the way, plus it's good to start out the game with a balanced character, giving me an idea on how other characters are compared to a balanced one...

You think Zelda's fire spell would burn the plant instantly? Wrong

gigasteve

Smash Ace
If Kirby doesn't suck in this game (you have to admit, he sucked in Melee), I may choose Mario (since the other meets up with Pit).

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Im not sure how deserving of an entire topic this is, but I'll probably go with Mario first. Because, as its said over and over, he's the "standard" by which all other Smash characters are judged. Plus he's a bit more intuitive than Kirby, and could be better for learning the feel of Brawl.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Ill be mario. Because then Kirby and Pit will be together (the two floaters), and also I just like using marios fair. I would save Zelda (in italian accent)"F**k you princess Bi**h"(he says the i in b***h all long like ata beach)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, Kirby's my favorite character since I first played games, I main Kirby in SSB 64 and Melee. Should I say more?

:kirby: Win's a life.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, either way, you use both characters for SSE so it doesn't really matter to me. I think I'll pick Kirby since he seems to have improved aerials and the demo video was convincing enough.

Yeah, Kirby for me.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Mario, the cloud level is perfect for Kirby. And I wanna see the cutscene Mario saving Peach. :D Also Kirby and Pit both fly it's a perfect team.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I'm not quite sure about this one. =P I'll most likely leave Kirby behind against Petey.

Smash Apprentice
:mario:, just to get the feel of the "standard" character and then branch out to other choices. Also, I just like him more than Kirby.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
What makes you guys think you can have Kirby meet up with Pit? As far as I know, warpstars are for Kirby, and I remember seeing Kirby and Peach escaping on a Warpstar after Petey was beaten. And I doubt they'll be changing the cutscenes so drastically that Mario suddenly summons a warppipe out of nowhere and takes whatever princess he resqued in there.

..or maybe I missed something.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I guess I will choose Mario first... well for traditional purposes, but then I will probably choose Kirby more, since I think he is a character that is more fun to play as.

jigedysmashmo

Smash Cadet
Kirby.

I, for one, am TIRED of seeing Mario as the hero! Who's with me!?!
Hahahah im sorry to say it kinda but i agree with you. Mario in my opinion is always viewed as the invincible dude, but im glad thats different in brawl (CANNON BALL ANYONE?). I have love for mario and all but kirby looks like he isn't going to be crap this time so I'm going to give the pink ball out!! besides im sure everyone is going to want to play mario so its nice to be a bit different;)

RiptheReaper

Smash Apprentice
just wondering if u use mario againts petey,how can he escape with the princess?(kirby use a warpstar)and y u guys think u can choose who fight petey?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
just wondering if u use mario againts petey,how can he escape with the princess?(kirby use a warpstar)and y u guys think u can choose who fight petey?
There's video on the SSE on gametrailers that shows you being able to select being Kirby or Mario.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hate to say it, but I'm going with Kirby first. Mario's seen enough screen time, but second run through I'll start with him.

LuiStrokes

Smash Journeyman

From a video, but that doesn't explain WHY you can actually choose mario, i mean, he got hit by a cannon ball, and went to the stars like the rocket team.

Anyway, i'll choose mario, to answer my question.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Would you pick Mario or Kirby to fight petey pirahna (the other one meets pit). And, yes, you can choose mario or kirby to fight petey pirahna.
Sorry, but did I miss something? I didn't see where it was confirmed that you could fight Petey as Mario.

There's video on the SSE on gametrailers that shows you being able to select being Kirby or Mario.
Wait, wasn't that just selecting who you fight as between the Mario and Kirby match? I don't remember anything about choosing who you get to fight as Petey with.

Top Bottom