• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mains Nearly Extinct

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
:mario: He's not that bad.
He's pretty bad.... low damage, low priority, and low kill power. The only thing he really has going for him is the speed of his attacks like up air, back air, and jab plus all the janky things you can do with cape and fludd. Also you can extend his fsmash and that's pretty much the best part about him. His recovery is easily gimped and he gets wrecked by most of the top tiers especially meta knight. If you're lucky you can get a jab lock going but that's really hard to set up and the stars needs to align for it to work. Mario's good because good Mario mains make him look good not because Mario is actually good.

But this doesn't stop us from playing him! Am I right?

Last edited:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
It doesn't stop me from playing him. Mario is limited thought, but can make up for his short-comings.

:pow:

Last edited:

Duh1Chicken

Smash Rookie
I like to play Mario. He's on of my favorite characters to play. I love his F.L.U.D.D and cape. I can gimp the crap out of most people that I've played :p

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Mario's good because good Mario mains make him look good not because Mario is actually good.

But this doesn't stop us from playing him! Am I right?
This much I care about in your post. :] :mario: Or is it that Mario makes us look good? Hm hm.

Last edited:

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
People still think Mario isn't a bad character? hue.

Also, hi coolwhip, hero, xero, T25 and Fire.

Oh, and Xero nice 13th place in UFGTX :)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I main fire Mario.

The reason you don't see many Mario mains is because he is low tier. :facepalm: A few years ago, I argued that he has several unwinnable match ups in the higher tiers, and was met with disagreement. Right or wrong, nobody proved otherwise, and all the competitive Mario mains eventually gave up.

IMO, Mario isn't terrible, but he is under tournament conditions. If you play Smash with variety - (1v1, team, FFA, items, all stages, etc), you'll find that more often than not, he is a contender.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I main Mario. He's a really well-designed character in my opinion. He feels great, and his moveset makes sense. I also love F.L.U.D.D., even though sometimes I never get much use out of it.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I main fire Mario.

The reason you don't see many Mario mains is because he is low tier. :facepalm: A few years ago, I argued that he has several unwinnable match ups in the higher tiers, and was met with disagreement. Right or wrong, nobody proved otherwise, and all the competitive Mario mains eventually gave up.

IMO, Mario isn't terrible, but he is under tournament conditions. If you play Smash with variety - (1v1, team, FFA, items, all stages, etc), you'll find that more often than not, he is a contender.
You kidding me, Mario mains are like everywhere, I meet a new one every week!. I haven't met any new mario mains as of april, but I used to be able to find so many mario mains. Also I disagree with the reason of the rarity of mario mains, it's not because he's low tier, simply because there are not many left, have quit due to the lack of interest of the game now, life issues/just life in general, or are unknown.

Anyways I just felt like saying that, don't think I'm hating on you just an opinion I wanted to state. Also yea I agree with the whole "Marios don't attend enough tourneys and if they do get noteable placings"

And one last thing, Mario will never, be extinct, as long as this community is still running. Mario will never truly die off. Unless we reach like the next generation of gaming, lol

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
We may not have been able to prove ourselves back then, but no one is laughing now. We've been doing good in Smash for a good minute boys!

Top Bottom