• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Yup, you can. :)

TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ABOUT TO SAY SNAKING IS A GLITCH/EXPLOIT: If you Wavedash, I call hypocrite. And a side note: a Nintendo developer said Snaking is intentional. Also, the same has been said for the F-Zero series. So nyah!
:p

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Quote from IGN:

"The final aspect that's worth noting during our kick-off to the next few weeks of coverage, is the trick system. With boosting simplified (and snaking removed; we tried for a few solid laps to do it, and the time it takes to earn the level one boost is just too long) tricking is where pro players are going to set themselves apart."

Lovely

Smash Lord
Quote from IGN:

"The final aspect that's worth noting during our kick-off to the next few weeks of coverage, is the trick system. With boosting simplified (and snaking removed; we tried for a few solid laps to do it, and the time it takes to earn the level one boost is just too long) tricking is where pro players are going to set themselves apart."
Kind of good for me. Snaking makes my hands hurt. q:

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
Man, i really wanted snaking in this game. I was really good at mkds with it. I hope this game is good. I was pretty unbeatable when i prb'd or snaked.

Patinator

Smash Champion
The lack of a mission mode, according to Nintendo Power, disturbs me. There's a picture of Baby Mario collecting coins on MK Wii's MarioWiki page. I really hope this doesn't mean coins from MK: SC return... :urg:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Anyone doubting the April release date? It just feels too soon to me, I mean the game has had no exposure, or maybe I just missed it all lol.

It's only a month away, seems hard to believe.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Quote from IGN:

...and there was much rejoicing.

My Mario Kart character of choice? Robo-cop.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyone doubting the April release date? It just feels too soon to me, I mean the game has had no exposure, or maybe I just missed it all lol.

It's only a month away, seems hard to believe.
I don't doubt it at all. If it wasn't released, PAL Wii owners would be rioting at Nintendo for STILL no brawl date. This is their "Oh ****" save.

And no snaking? good, stupid swerving made races boring (Oh, everyone's the same 2 chars on the same 2 carts, whoo. ) and makes my hands hurt.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Wii Wheel

''Mario Kart Wii was given 94% by the "Official Nintendo Magazine" UK with the new "Wii Wheel" apparently working very effectively.''

No surprise there. However IGN said,

''While the handling was butter smooth with the Wii Classic controller (and even the standard Wiimote and Nunchuk setup worked really well) the steering wheel attachment was predictably weak. If I wanted to impair my driving skills while playing Mario Kart I'd opt for a couple of beers over the steering wheel nonsense any day of the week. The precise powersliding mechanics have always been crucial to the game's appeal and that sort of subtlety just isn't possible with the motion-sensing wheel mechanic.''

Guess I'll just get myself a Classic Controller or just use the Gamecube controller if the Wii Wheel is really that awkward.

MTV Videos of the Wii Wheel.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=38158

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...eel-vs-remote/

You have to use this link below if you are outside the US because MTV videos don't work on IP addresses in the UK, Japan, or Canada. Poor quality, but at least we can watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAhAAswP5O8

Judging by the video, the Wii Wheel set up does seem pretty responsive.

Ok I visited http://www.mariokartwii.com/index.php and there's bucket loads of info there.

Characters

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa Troopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Donkey Kong
Boo (unlockable)
Baby Peach

Miis are Also confirmed to be playable.

Staff Writer of Official Nintendo Mgazine UK who has the Final Copy of the Game that there is 12 Starter Characters and 12 Unlockable giving it a 24 Character Roster.

Tracks

Mushroom Cup
Luigi Circuit
Moo Moo Meadows
Mushroom Gorge
Toad's Factory

Mushroom Cup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GW-JdUsK2k

Flower Cup
Mario Circuit (NEW)
Coconut Mall
DK Summit
Wario's Gold Mine

Flower Cup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tAGpmcIKg8

Shell Cup
Peach Beach(MKDD)
Yoshi Falls(MKDS)
Ghost Valley 2(SMK)
Mario Raceway(MK64)

Banana Cup
Sherbert Island(MK64)
Shy Guy Beach(MKSC)
Delfino Square(MKDS)
Waluigi Stadium(MKDD)

(Cups Unknown)
Mario Circuit(SMK)
DK Mountain(MKDD)
Luigi's Mansion (rumored, pending name)
Rainbow Road
Moo Moo Farm (rumored, revamped)
Yoshi Desert

Items

Mushroom
Triple Mushrooms
Golden Mushroom
Banana
Triple Bananas
Green Shell
Triple Green Shells
Red Shell
Triple Red Shells
Blue Spiny Shell
Fake Item Box
Star
Thunderbolt
Bob-omb
Blooper
Bullet Bill - turns you into Bullet Bill
Mega Mushroom
Thunder Cloud - a cloud that will give you a boost, but if you keep it too long you get hit by lightning
POW Block - will hover above you and you must hit it three times or you spin

Modes

* Grand Prix
* Versus
* Mission - I'm not certain about the validity of this.
* Battle

12-Player Online and Local Racing
Online and Local Battle Mode featuring Balloon Battle and Coin Runner - a timed mode where your team must collect and keep the most coins
Mirror Mode

Other info

- Online league and a global world ranking
- Local Rankings
- Channel for online aspect
- Send and receive time attack scores online, online ranking for time attack as well
- Upload/download Ghosts
- 4 player split screen local play and 2 player split screen online play
- 3 karts and 3 bikes per character
- 50cc = karts only. 100cc = bikes only. 150cc = both karts and bikes

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll asked this question, how many people will use the motercycle? I will use it all the time. I might use the cars to, but not going to use the karts.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
I actually hope that the physics for the new Mario Kart more closely resemble those present in Mario Kart DS. Snaking could be eliminated, but I felt that it had the most precise control out of any of the Mario Karts from the series.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
- 4 player split screen local play and 2 player split screen online play
Only 2 online? :urg: They better have a LAN mode then, was looking forward to doing online with the 8 of us racing 4 on each wii. :(

Char select screen with Diddy!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Just saw it on the MKWii forums thought I might aswell post it. In the video it seems plausible that it is Shy Guy. Could be Baby Luigi.

Flygon3x

Smash Cadet
DK Jungle from Mario Kart 64 is revealed. Also, there are three clips from races I never saw before. One of them is in a highway during sunset. Another is in a sunset race with Wigglers. The last one had a tunnel with a picture of Koopa on it.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3Fs5yZqxs

S2

Smash Lord
I'm still debating.

I've heard there is no 4 player FFA mode. That's basically what Mario Kart is all about.

Oh well, I was hoping they'd do something MK:DS quality on Wii. I'm still probably going to buy it anyway.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
I'm so tired of the baby characters...

Why can't they be a tad bit more original with the character selection? We have Baby Mario, Luigi, and Peach -- that's three slots taken up for potential unique characters. Thanks a million Nintendo. At least they didn't make it into brawl, that would have been horrible.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Famitsu gave MKWii 37.

Also, I've started to see adverts for MKWii.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
How man playable characters are in this? I can't believe how robust the online features in this game are. Between this and Brawl I may never leave my home again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom