• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

D

Deleted member

So i don't know if I'm the only one to come to this conclusion but character unlocking isn't totally random.

You have a chance to unlock any racer that is racing in the gp with you that you can't at that point play as. Like I had Lakitu, Rosalina, Lemmy, and Toadette. I unlocked Lakitu afterwards.
I dunno, I think I unlocked Iggy and he wasn't even in the GP I beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I dunno, I think I unlocked Iggy and he wasn't even in the GP I beat.
I thought I'd noticed a similar pattern, but I haven't unlocked Morton even though he's been on a few GPs with me, and I unlocked Mii without one being in the GP I got him from. Other than that, Roy, Lakitu, Ludwig and Metal Mario have followed that pattern.

In the end, I think it's random, as well as the roster of characters in a given Cup.

D

Deleted member

Anyone know how the online matchmaking works by chance? It seems like an MMR system to me but I can't be sure.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I like how every character has their own unique horn. Wario's horn makes a fart sound.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Uploaded a replay to test the in-game uploader. The combo I use here is one of my favourites:

D

Deleted member

Might just be me but the AI in this game is a bit of a pushover. I beat 150cc and came in 1st every time with about as much effort as 100cc.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Only annoying thing about them is their h4x Green Shell snipes... And when 2nd gets a Fire Flower near the end of the race. Had to re-do a few cups because that happened -_-

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I got the game! I've beaten all the 50cc cups and some of the 100cc cups. My main complaint is the glider. It randomly locks itself into going into a straight line and flies off the edge, and I have no clue why it happens. Does anyone know why it happens?

D

Deleted member

I got the game! I've beaten all the 50cc cups and some of the 100cc cups. My main complaint is the glider. It randomly locks itself into going into a straight line and flies off the edge, and I have no clue why it happens. Does anyone know why it happens?
I've had no problems with the glider personally, is it something with your controller possibly?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
After yesterday's fiasco at GameStop nulling my pre-order for the Bundle, I thought I wouldn't be able to get the game anytime soon.

Fast forward to first Wal-mart I check, and here I am seeing entire lobbies unanimously voting for Mount Wario.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Certainly haven't noticed that... You ought to check your controller scheme. The gliders generally control smoothly, but they do seem more limited, and fall faster IMO.

D

Deleted member

After yesterday's fiasco at GameStop nulling my pre-order for the Bundle, I thought I wouldn't be able to get the game anytime soon.

Fast forward to first Wal-mart I check, and here I am seeing entire lobbies unanimously voting for Mount Wario.
Mount Wario is the ****. I've only played on it once and it's already one of my favorites.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've made it more than halfway through the 100cc, and have almost everyone unlocked. However, I'm still missing some vehicle parts that I have interests in, such as Mr. Scooty and the Azure Roller wheels.

MistFist

Smash Cadet
how are we talking about mariokart if this board is about smash?
sry i dont mean to come across as mean but im just a bit confused...

D

Deleted member

I've mostly been playing online now that I have Iggy and Metal Mario.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I can't wait 'til I get Mr. Scooty. He is the most epic, majestic, glorious bike ever.

Certainly haven't noticed that... You ought to check your controller scheme. The gliders generally control smoothly, but they do seem more limited, and fall faster IMO.
I've had no problems with the glider personally, is it something with your controller possibly?
Okay, I think I'm going to use a different remote. Thanks!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
how are we talking about mariokart if this board is about smash?
sry i dont mean to come across as mean but im just a bit confused...
You don't come off as mean, only ignorant. Seeing what part of the forum we're in:

Mario Universe
Discussion of the Mario games, characters, and story.

Different parts of forums server different purposes. You discuss Smash in the, y'know, Smash sections.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've finished 50cc and 100cc, and have finished 3 150cc cups. I'm going for three stars on every Grand Prix and I'm collecting character stamps as I go.

I also played online for a while. I won most of the races I was in! Feels gooood!

Also, Japanese players seem to love Rosalina and Baby Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

I've finished 50cc and 100cc, and have finished 3 150cc cups. I'm going for three stars on every Grand Prix and I'm collecting character stamps as I go.

I also played online for a while. I won most of the races I was in! Feels gooood!

Also, Japanese players seem to love Rosalina and Baby Rosalina.
I've been consistently 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a good deal of the 25+ races I've done
Also **** RED SHELLS FOR PUTTING ME IN LAST 5 SECONDS AFTER THE RACE STARTS. THEY JUST DON'T STOP COMING MAN.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll be quite a while before I start doing any online races. I want to at least unlock as many vehicle parts as I can first, along with completing all the GP races.

When I played Mario Kart 7, it wasn't until I unlocked the Beast Glider that I began to play online, though I've pretty much retired from Mario Kart 7 online racing after getting Pokemon White Version 2.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It'll be quite a while before I start doing any online races. I want to at least unlock as many vehicle parts as I can first, along with completing all the GP races.
I did one match, then saw how much better everyone else was, and went back to single-player to get better and unlock everything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been consistently 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a good deal of the 25+ races I've done
Also **** RED SHELLS FOR PUTTING ME IN LAST 5 SECONDS AFTER THE RACE STARTS. THEY JUST DON'T STOP COMING MAN.
My worst enemy was that, for a while, my GamePad screen suffered from interference and messed up my racing at points. I came 9th once because of that. Most of the time I've been 1st though, the only other places I ended up in were 2nd and 4th.

I've been rocking the Standard Quad, Crimson Slim wheels, and Standard Glider for Rosalina. It's been a really effective combination for me. Acceleration is not too great, but it's weighty, very fast, and has solid grip and handling.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did one match, then saw how much better everyone else was, and went back to single-player to get better and unlock everything.
Yeah I never even bothered doing any online races yet, as I need to at least gain a good deal of experience on all the tracks, especially for the 150cc.

So far, I seem to be rather reliant on the Biddybuggy, as its high acceleration boost is a blessing, even with the speed drawback. I'll probably have that same response for the Landship and Mr. Scooty once I've unlocked them.

D

Deleted member

My worst enemy was that, for a while, my GamePad screen suffered from interference and messed up my racing at points. I came 9th once because of that. Most of the time I've been 1st though, the only other places I ended up in were 2nd and 4th.

I've been rocking the Standard Quad, Crimson Slim wheels, and Standard Glider for Rosalina. It's been a really effective combination for me. Acceleration is not too great, but it's weighty, very fast, and has solid grip and handling.
I've been seeing that combo a lot online actually *COUGH*NUMETA*COUGH*
I've been rolling Mach 8, Cyber Slick, and Standard Glider on Iggy. It's given me probably my best performance so far, most of my 1st place wins have been with it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm still short one vehicle part for my potential main combo. While I have used a combination such as Biddybuggy + Roller, the Azure Roller wheels would at least reference Rosalina's color scheme a lot more, and as an added bonus, it has the same stats as the Roller wheels.

Rosalina wears a blue dress, her Biddybuggy is blue, the Azure Roller wheels are blue. You can probably get the picture there, and the best part is that that combo doesn't have any significant weaknesses, as no stat ever goes below average levels.

D

Deleted member

Coming in 1st right after a horrible match where you came in 9th feels good man.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I like Roy with the badwagon, with button tires and parafoil cause I haven't unlocked any Gliders.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Anyone is up for a race?

Is there a thread where you can play and exchange friend codes here in SmashBoards?

.n_n.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Last edited:
Top Bottom