• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario is no tier.....

???????

Smash Journeyman
Mario is at least mid:

*The F.L.U.D.D. is a powerful edgeguarder in conjunction with the cape, a powerful spacing tool, and has a tipper which increases pushback by about fifty percent*

*Cape gimps most recoveries and can used for the Cape Glide or Capedashing*

*Ftilt is difficult to punish due to the "Wave Slide" exploit*

*Good juggler; good aerial juggler and good at juggling with tilts, especially his Utilt*

*Fsmash is a very powerful KO move and has one of the best stutter steps*

*Offensive recovery options (Fireballs, F.L.U.D.D., Cape, etc.)*

*Quick aerials that have little lag*

Overall, Mario's only true flaw is limited range in his tilts and grabs. Mario's recovery is decent, has decent KO power, and he is a very powerful edgeguarder.

Death Hunter52

Smash Cadet
his cape makes me mad, it has alot of start up lag, and gets reflected by pits mirror shild... pit is mario +1. one more jump. one more reflector. shild = cape +1, aroows equal fire balls exept they go vary fast and could fly in the same patturn as a fire ball if wanted (arrows last untill they hit something(i shot an arrow then had a friend kill me three times whill looping that same arrow the whole time)) pit can turn around for a back air going onto the ledge, (mario would **** if he could do that) i cant wall jump off of holding the ledge...i dont think its possible...but you can let go of the ledge then di to the lege then wall jump but its really hard to time and not very reliable. pit just lacks killing moves and a bit of air/ground control that mario has. pits tilts kill too. and the boards are saying marios up forward tilt and d tilt are his worst moves. (not bad moves but his worst). when he is not being frustrating he is being **** though. o ya pit can glide and fly = marios air abilitys +1

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Ugh, Mario for bottom tier. There's basically nothing he does that other characters can't do better. Mediocre projectile, useless grabs (don't combo OR kill), caping and FLUDD don't do anything 99% of the time because of the ease of sweetspotting the ledge, fairly bad recovery, unimpressive air game.
By a wide margin one of my least favorite characters in the game. The only chracter with remotely comparable crappiness is Yoshi.
bos on dy account hahaa

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ugh, Mario for bottom tier. There's basically nothing he does that other characters can't do better. Mediocre projectile, useless grabs (don't combo OR kill), caping and FLUDD don't do anything 99% of the time because of the ease of sweetspotting the ledge, fairly bad recovery, unimpressive air game.
By a wide margin one of my least favorite characters in the game. The only chracter with remotely comparable crappiness is Yoshi.
Says the Sheik main. Mario's edgeguarding abilities **** and he's a beast in the air. His recovery isn't bad at all, I just think his Up B can be kind of shoddy at times but it still isn't that bad.

???????

Smash Journeyman
The F.L.U.D.D. has a surprisingly high amount of priority over most projectiles in the game.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mario's fireballs are excellent for approaching/camping/combo starting

Mario's grabs are probably "useless" by your definition because you can't CG with them. If that's not the case, then you have no grounds to call Mario's grabs useless. Used properly, his grabs can be very effective for racking up damage and starting combos.

Your statement about caping and Fludd are just completely false and broadcast to every mario main that you're a noob at edgeguarding. His recovery distance is above average despite popular belief because of fireballs and defensive caping. His Bair can WoP, his Uair has excellent combo capacity, his dair has insane priority, and his Fair meteors, not to mention DOUBLE short-hopped aerials.

Your entire post was based off of mario inexperience and ignorance. Research before you post next time.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Mario's fireballs are excellent for approaching/camping/combo starting

Mario's grabs are probably "useless" by your definition because you can't CG with them. If that's not the case, then you have no grounds to call Mario's grabs useless. Used properly, his grabs can be very effective for racking up damage and starting combos.

Your statement about caping and Fludd are just completely false and broadcast to every mario main that you're a noob at edgeguarding. His recovery distance is above average despite popular belief because of fireballs and defensive caping. His Bair can WoP, his Uair has excellent combo capacity, his dair has insane priority, and his Fair meteors, not to mention DOUBLE aerials.

Your entire post was based off of mario inexperience and ignorance. Research before you post next time.
owned.....

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
750,629,310 MM?

No wifi either that ****s weak

I love how stupid life is sometimes

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I'd tear you up with that so called "bottom tier Mario" And based on you're inacurate post, I'd stomp you thoroughly with that crappy Yoshi also :p

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Ya wifi means nothing so dont base marios skill on anything you see online

Mario is balanced character its all on the user really

Great Mario can beat nearly all characters easily

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Ya wifi means nothing so dont base marios skill on anything you see online

Mario is balanced character its all on the user really

Great Mario can beat nearly all characters easily
Wifi means nothing if there's alot of lag. If there's a little lag, you can give a general judgement on your opponent's skill. If there's close to no lag, then you can pretty much tell who's better from wifi. How else can you explain EVERYONE on smashboards knowing that everyone you play on the "with anyone" mode is a noob?

Top Bottom