• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario is no tier.....

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. A little over average in everything movewise. Even has a annoying projectile when he throws fireballs constantly to trick you.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You're in the East Coast? So am I! It'd be cool to play you on Wi-Fi, but it doesn't look like you like going on it.
Boss' mario's prolly the best in the world right now. He used to **** mine in melee XD.
Mario's top tier, its not even a question.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think Boss and I have to decide who is the best in the world....

BOSS GO TO FAST1

It's FC + Florida so it has to be good
Meant no disrespect Monk, yours pwns too XD
If you guys have at it, you must record. Granted only that your television doesn't explode from the Boss vs Monk epicness

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I'm just kidding anyway... I'm garbage.......................yep

anyway every Mario main should go to FAST simply cause it would be awesome to have Mario v Mario in the Grand Finals and then a Mario Mario V Mario Mario in Teams finals...and then Mario Team for Crew Battles

???????

Smash Journeyman
I think Mario is viable for high tier but his major issue is the range in his tilts and grabs; Mario is already at least mid but he does seem to have the potential to be high tier, despite his few issues with range.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dun listen to the tierwhores MARIO IS TOP TIER 4 SURE! Boss will destroy all who deny it!

Go get 'em tiger. Not even Azen can hold you back! =D

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Do any of you guys honestly think Mario can be top tier?!! I just went to the Ike boaeds and told them Ike can't beat his counter characters because of his limitations and it's a cold and hard fact some of them just won't accept. Will you do the same?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
lol lmao.....i may come to disney world....
Disney? That cost a zillion and a half dollars...I'd much rather buy everything I need to build a city than spend money at disney...and in the end it would be more rewarding/cheaper

can anyone say Mario Board Chat Thread AKA Spam thread v.1.0?

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I think Mario is viable for high tier but his major issue is the range is his tilts and grabs; Mario is already at least mid but he does seem to have the potential to be high tier, despite his few issues with range.

I concur strongly.Hell,the **** were already saying hes better than Luigi and we be very ignorant to say otherwise.Especially coming from them. :)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Ugh... Olimar's a 100 times worse... Unless there are platforms, your aerial game is borderline useless which is what I mainly use when I fight as Mario... It's like Shaq trying to drop kick a ******. :laugh:
Olimar is nowhere near as hard as Metaknight...if I could rate Olimar on difficult match-ups it would probably be 3rd (either right under D3 or Metaknight)

you just need to read your opponent and have good spacing and after that just sit on the edge

and Platforms are Olimar's friend (except for battlefield for some reason =/) if you are anywhere above the platform he can do any number of attacks to hit you
---
Now then Metaknight...

Boss I haven't tried Fludding the tornado and if it works then yeah I'll do that...

the main thing is Mario can't really pressure a good Metaknight it's always...Approach->Shuttle Loop'd or Approach -> Mach Tornado'd....

Metaknight's forte is close range combat. He's faster than Mario, has more range, and has more priority...I remember I gimped a Metaknight two times both under 20%(Up-b into the bottom of Lylat/ Caped a shuttle loop and edgehogged) and I still almost lost the match. It might be because I don't have anywhere near as much Metaknight practice as I should and the Only Metaknights I played were -Rx and Gmoney two of the best Metaknight players in FL but whatever

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, Mario for bottom tier. There's basically nothing he does that other characters can't do better. Mediocre projectile, useless grabs (don't combo OR kill), caping and FLUDD don't do anything 99% of the time because of the ease of sweetspotting the ledge, fairly bad recovery, unimpressive air game.
By a wide margin one of my least favorite characters in the game. The only chracter with remotely comparable crappiness is Yoshi.

Top Bottom