• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario in Doubles

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
havent posted here in a while. anywho, im a player who LOVEs playing doubles. teamwork has always been one of my strengths as a player, so i was wondering how you guys do in doubles. do you guys use mario? and how do you use him?
i personally usually use Falco in doubles, with my partner using Zelda. but there are times where i switch to Mario and we end up doing just as well, if not better. i'm looking for some new strategies and stuff. if any of you guys got vids or strats of Mario in doubles feel free to post

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
if ur good u can fireball or upb if they have a fail recovery and u will save them.

caping a jiggly who missed a rest if nice. 1 of the best teams ive since was a ganon and dr. mario combo. sure dr. and mario r diff, but not so much.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
yeah i feel like the edge doc has on teams is due to him having much more kill power. that fair comes in handy for him. another way i like to help my partner recover is with d-air. gives em another chance to up b without them having to di much of a knockback.

j3ly

Smash Champion
we came 2nd last national with mario + ganon :)

they work really well together, our strategy was for me to get behind ganon and start fireballing asap while he created a wall. worked good. ganon didn't miss any edgeguarding bairs and i threw em off stage and edgehogged.

good stuff

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
ALRIGHT, so my doubles partner is quitting smash :( so i'm teaming with a falco player now. it sounds disasterous, but i wanna see if i can make this work. you guys got any ideas?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
epic mind games -

opponent here_______ ur team falco here_______ u here

have falco shoot a laser, u cape it, he jumps and it goes under him hitting ur opponent. do this every game and i will praise u.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Yes Mario is good in doubles. Just as good as Falcon.

I'll usually use him in a match that seems quite balanced and I'm not sure what extreme I should go towards for the advantage (more Falcon style/Jiggs style/etc). Especially if my teamziez is a Shiek/Falco/Peach or walling of style Jiggs player etc.
I'm a wrecking train with him and in a confined space he's really like a giant ball of arpe. If you know what you're doing. Doubles is my thing though and I do that with everyone, but Mario is up there and better in a lot of situations than Falcon so keep trying and you'll find what fits your Mario moments best. You'll learn to be a cockroach in time. :D

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
so I figured out today doc in doubles and mario in doubles are stupidly different

but Mario can do some crazy team combos. his throws are PERFECT for them

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I find it funny when people jump into fullhop D-airs....just sayin.

People don't use Tornado enough for platform pressure though. Seriously. Besides the difficult Tornado recovery, the move actually is somewhat useful for platform pressure, just because you can space it to shield poke safely for an extended period of time. Mango does it randomly in a few matches. He's probably trolling on the one hand, but either way, it's an option to consider.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Mario Bros is the sickest team combo. I would prefer Mario Bros over Doc+Mario or Twin Marios.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Would you say the same about Hax and Darkrain in teams?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
condemned, what is that supposed to mean?
Setup between Falcon and Mario, or between me and funkytown? lol

rookie, didn't watch but lol how anytime there's a 'low tier' around they always manage to 'ditto in doubles' for some games but Marios always end up with Docs too.

Freakin clones.

Top Bottom