• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mario Hotel - Super Social 4

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Mario should have less lag with his fireballs. It would make approaching with them actually possible instead of using them to cherry tap, FLUDD should also be removed from his arsenal since, like everyone else, I rarely use it. I'll cape before I FLUDD. =/

Edit: Just realized where my post went... I need to pay more attention to the page number BEFORE posting. XD What a way to enter the thread eh?
Fireball is actually a pretty good pressure tool, and if done in mid-range, it can force your opponent into shield, which nets a free grab.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Mario should have less lag with his fireballs. It would make approaching with them actually possible instead of using them to cherry tap, FLUDD should also be removed from his arsenal since, like everyone else, I rarely use it. I'll cape before I FLUDD. =/

Edit: Just realized where my post went... I need to pay more attention to the page number BEFORE posting. XD What a way to enter the thread eh?
Just wanted to say I find various fludd uses in singles matchups, and ESPECIALLY TEAMS OMG (watch my vids to see fludd uses) I wouldn't want it removed unless we got like, scalding fludd to replace it lol.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
Does anybody take advantage of Mario's Dair's ability to kill off the top? I've been getting strings of up air into it lately at the top of battlefield and getting kills at 80% at the lowest.

Also, does it make anyone else mad that they took out the Mario color that was Blue hat/undershirt with Red overalls? It was in EVERY other smash game and they took it out in this one. That was my color.....

BSP

Smash Legend

I use FLUDD pretty frequently. It's circumstancial and hard to pull off against good players, but it is still the best up B whiff punisher in the game. It's also good for forcing zoners like Mega Man out of position.

Does anybody take advantage of Mario's Dair's ability to kill off the top? I've been getting strings of up air into it lately at the top of battlefield and getting kills at 80% at the lowest.

Also, does it make anyone else mad that they took out the Mario color that was Blue hat/undershirt with Red overalls? It was in EVERY other smash game and they took it out in this one. That was my color.....
Losing inverse Mario sucks, but America Mario more than makes up for it.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

I do it sometimes, given it's one of Mario's few air KO options. It's a lot iffier than I'd like given you can really only land the final hit if your opponent gets hit a certain way. Also depends a lot on rage/staleness.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
Greetings, inferior character boards! The evil lucario empire is now discussing the mario matchup in this thread. Come have fun discussing the lucario matchup with a band of villainous furries!

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Wassup dudes, hope everyone is doing well. I hardly stop by here much nowadays due to how inactive the boards can be.

Brawl Mario > Smash 4 Mario

:pow:

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wassup dudes, hope everyone is doing well. I hardly stop by here much nowadays due to how inactive the boards can be.

Brawl Mario > Smash 4 Mario

Famous and I both independently came to the same conclusion that if you want to play Brawl Mario, Doc is your man.

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
Yo peeps! I suppose this might be the place to find some other Mario players, maybe a little guidance would be helpful? I am new after all.

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
Hey, someone replied! Thanks Coolwhip. Could you maybe tell me where to find some other players? Or maybe if you have time we could have a few friendlies?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@ Tri10 Tri10 Well, you can join Nintendodojo It's a wi-fi smash community where you can get
tons of practice. I don't have Internet at the moment. Sorry.

Do anyone know when the next patch update coming? I'm really hoping that Mario's style would be somewhat like his Brawl
counterpart again. Don't get me wrong guys, Sm4sh Mario feels refreshing, but Brawl Mario is a classic.

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
@ Tri10 Tri10 Well, you can join Nintendodojo It's a wi-fi smash community where you can get
tons of practice. I don't have Internet at the moment. Sorry.

Do anyone know when the next patch update coming? I'm really hoping that Mario's style would be somewhat like his Brawl
counterpart again. Don't get me wrong guys, Sm4sh Mario feels refreshing, but Brawl Mario is a classic.

Well, dr Mario isn't too far from brawl Mario, so you could always pick him up if you haven't already. I am hoping there is a patch when Lucas is released tho

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Well, dr Mario isn't too far from brawl Mario, so you could always pick him up if you haven't already. I am hoping there is a patch when Lucas is released tho
I know Dr. Mario is the closest thing to the brawl version of Mario, and I co-main both characters.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I know Dr. Mario is the closest thing to the brawl version of Mario, and I co-main both characters.

Same. Tho I tend not to play Mario as much out of my own preference. I'm hoping they do some things to both of those characters next patch, but I'm not gonna rely too much on it

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Is it just me, or are the Mario boards more "empty" than the other character boards lately?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Is it just me, or are the Mario boards more "empty" than the other character boards lately?
You should of been around during the year 2010-2011, the brawl mario boards was ALIVE back then.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I still play Mario on For Glory here and there. Honestly find it amusing how much bad players seem to hate my Mario. Wouldn't blame them given he's kinda boring to play against.

I abuse the hell out of B reverse fireballs, which probably are noticeably harder to punish on wifi. I hate that all the Mario Bros matchups are really boring and campy in all Smash Bros games, actually Brawl Mario vs Luigi is pretty balanced given the matchup in that game is way less grab centric than in other Smash games and Mario's fireballs are less laggy in Brawl as well, making aggressive zoning less linear.

But yeah when it comes to lame Mario Bros matchups, Smash 4 > Melee >> Brawl. Don't know about 64 personally. Melee Mario ditto or vs Luigi and Doc is all Fsmash and 0 counterplay Utilt abuse.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
High Tier character at least.

He has Brawl Snake's numbers in terms of damage and his neutrals all come out pretty fast. His only bad spot seems to be his space control. All of his moves hit forward, and his air control is basically non-existent. This means the optimal strategy against him is to hit and run. I don't think anyone in the game can combat Ryu directly except maybe Luigi.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I think that as a character there's a lot to explore with him. To me he feels like he can do tons of different combos and The way Sakurai described him made me think he would have combos like PM Lucario has the potential to do. That seems scary, but I'm not gonna assume the he's too good that quickly cause from my own experience he hasn't been extremely overpowered. Yet.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I still will play Mario and Doc, but I believe many will find buffed Falco very interesting. He's a much more complete character with his N-air connecting consistently and has many more favorable matchups as a result.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I still will play Mario and Doc, but I believe many will find buffed Falco very interesting. He's a much more complete character with his N-air connecting consistently and has many more favorable matchups as a result.
Yeah I'm staying with Doc. But I'm definitely picking up Roy. And I'm still playing Mario of course but I don't care as much for him as I do Doc

Mega-Xander

Smash Rookie
NNID
avsimone13
I think people are jumping ship to "higher tier" characters. Us Mario Bros gotta stick together!
Amen to that! But I tend to play a lot of characters so my main switches almost every week... but Mario's always gonna be that character back to and have a lot of fun with!

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
A fun cheese to do that's very situation is on Smashville when the platform is all the way to the left(or right) and you happen to get a grab on your opponent... Back throw them towards blast zone, jump off, and fludd. I've gotten a few kills that way ^^

Top Bottom