• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario combo

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Anyways... I am trying to get characters off on their one footstool combo's. I tried and failed at Fox, got Squirtle one, made Sheik one, made Toon Link one and got the Pit, Ness and Diddy boards started on their own.
So here is my opinion on Mario:

Uair> footstool> FF Nair> jab lock> FSmash at the edge

(I like this one a lot)
It's not even that hard.
Well... Mario just got scary.

opinions?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wut? Are you posting this everywhere?
We're not interested in your pseudo-comboes. Now if you'll kindly take your leave. :mad:

saviorslegacy

Wut? Are you posting this everywhere?
We're not interested in your pseudo-comboes. Now if you'll kindly take your leave. :mad:
Not everywhere....
I am researching footstool. I'm not getting hostility everywhere I post this but some just don't like it. <,<
If you don't like my idea then you can state what is wrong with the combo. Not what is wrong with me researching this.
(yes I am using the search button and I have been researching these kinds of combo's for a little over a week now and this is what I have found)

Most characters have attempted this before. Some characters went off in a strange path.
ie Sheiks footstool that is:
f-tilt> footstool> Bair> needles> needle> DACUS

Some just don't have the mechanics to do this. ie D3 (or at least that is what it seems like)

Others have just over looked it because they did not include airial set ups. Such as Kirby.

Another thing that might strike your attention is that the Japanese are very interested in these types of combo's.

I am just try to develop these as much as I can. If I hit a dead end then I hit a dead end. The worst they can become of what I am doing is angering some people of a thread on their boards.
The best is that some characters get knew combo's.

The good out weighs the bad. So I will continue (I will also do research to see if the character already has one so I don't try to develop the developed.)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've tried messing around with footstools before. Not much came of it, sadly. I found a few pretty cool things (mostly just footstool -> FF Nair -> jab lock), but have very rarely been able to apply them to an actual match. Knowing a few footstool combos is cool, but all too often they're just not worth learning. Keeping one or two in your head for when the opprotunity presents itself if worth it, however.

Anyway, I think you can DI the Uair so you won't get footstooled even at extremely low percents, and our jab lock doesn't go into our Fsmash (I think? I thought it only worked into Dsmash.).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, it works on Fsmash with the right timing.
I used to think the same thing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Oh, awesome. Never knew that. Alright then, that makes me like jab locking even more than I already did.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I saw it in a few videos and tried it out myself.

It's much better than Dsmash because it kills so much earlier.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie to you. But jumping on someone's head is totally not competitive. Also your opponent always mashing the jump button and " accidently " footstool'd you and took away your 2nd jump resulting you losing a tourney match set is not competitive.

But instead of flaming your thread and how much hatred I have for brawl, I'll throw out useful info. When your upairing, at low %s you can try mashing jump button to jump on their head for footstool and possibly resulting a jab lock assuming they don't DI. Just theory-ing is all.

saviorslegacy

I'm not gonna lie to you. But jumping on someone's head is totally not competitive. Also your opponent always mashing the jump button and " accidently " footstool'd you and took away your 2nd jump resulting you losing a tourney match set is not competitive.

But instead of flaming your thread and how much hatred I have for brawl, I'll throw out useful info. When your upairing, at low %s you can try mashing jump button to jump on their head for footstool and possibly resulting a jab lock assuming they don't DI. Just theory-ing is all.
*I can footstool a Jiggy at 8% with Sheik's f-tilt
Footstooling is over looked. Everyone thinks "OMG it's way to hard". It's not. It takes precise timing and it is character dependent, but it's very useful.

:EDIT:
Mashing the jump button is a mistake. That is how newbies footstool. You need to learn the precise moment to jump.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Just do a fast aerial while you're jumping and you can no longer be footstooled. If you never figured that out, sad for you.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Rofl dude. You're really hating Brawl now. I bottle up my hate and just play Melee. Though I feel guilty for maining Doc, it's kind of the same thing.

saviorslegacy

don't get mad because he ruined the secret to your "combo". footstools are kinda a lost cause for the majority of chars, if not all
It never was my "secret combo". What gave you guys that notion?

hmmm.. maybe. I am still evolving Sheiks though. We will just have to see what comes of it.

Matt07

Smash Master
Since when were the Mario boards so hostile?

Anyways, I never could really rely on footstool's that much or at all in a match. We also don't have a guaranteed footstool like Sheik does. I just don't think it would benefit Mario that much. Unless we had a move that guaranteed us the foostool then I'd see this become applicable.

Shun Frost

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shun Frost
Anyways... I am trying to get characters off on their one footstool combo's. I tried and failed at Fox, got Squirtle one, made Sheik one, made Toon Link one and got the Pit, Ness and Diddy boards started on their own.

(I like this one a lot)
It's not even that hard.

opinions?
you can extend the combo if you do 2 jabs after ff nair by doin a shorthop fair -utilt-upair-repeat footstool-grounded nair-jab on ledge then short hop ff up air spike.

TegamiBachi25

Smash Rookie
Since when were the Mario boards so hostile?

Anyways, I never could really rely on footstool's that much or at all in a match. We also don't have a guaranteed footstool like Sheik does. I just don't think it would benefit Mario that much. Unless we had a move that guaranteed us the foostool then I'd see this become applicable.

The mario boards aren't hostile; did you not read what they said? They said they hated brawl.

Last edited:

Mariogamer64

Smash Rookie

(I like this one a lot)
It's not even that hard.

opinions?
Im a nubie what's footstol more liké toadstool

Top Bottom