• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I know your not trying to make me drop Mario obviously. Ur coolwhip, the best Mario that's still active, or at least in my mind, lol. Anyways I know that, but I will never say he's bad, or else that makes me lose my confidence and then I have a bad day against everyone I fight over wifi, lol. Anyways, I've been doing dittos with Cezz and HnSn, wanna join in on the fun? Also, I have a replay where I 3-stocked a marth, wanna see?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I don't really play brawl anymore or plan on playing smash 4, might give it a try though.
I just lurk around & see what's going on. hehe

Mostly all the well-known marios are no longer active in this game.

:pow:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
hmm... Well since none of the known marios are active, then there's gonna be new marios, cause I kno a lot of marios that are active and young. I'll name some of them, Me, Cezz, HnSn, Mx, SilentDrummer, Tokyo, Bmx, Fred, Donny, Kudemo, and JMIX!

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Jmix isn't new. XD I like cezz's mario, he's gonna be legit in no time,
I know because i played him before.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
oh, wut?????? How is JMIX known? And yea, I ditto cezz a lot, he's awesome! HnSn and I use wiimote+nunchuk, cezz says were pretty good for players who use wiimote+nunchuk. And lol, "cezz says" :p

BSP

Smash Legend
I was active a while ago, but I didn't/don't go OOS much, so no one knows about me. I suck anyway though, so it's all good.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I also read that initially. Also, BSP I know this question was old but Up-B still has invincibility in the air.

And I mean I don't play Brawl anymore due to the circumstance that nobody around here plays it. But I play Project M (can't play Mario, feels too weird), and plan on playing Smash for Wii U/3DS when it releases, and there's a high chance I'll play Mario -- but I'll probably play plenty of characters.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I played P:M at a tourney back in march, i'll never play it again.

@T25XL: I wouldn't say Jmix is known like that. Some people know him via wi-fi
and local alabama tourneys.

I'll play smash 4 when it releases as well. Megaman is gonna be a beast!

BSP

Smash Legend
Thanks Xero.

As for Megaman, just wait a bit. Dsmash will probably be toned down a lot, but he seems like he's going to be a solid character. A projectile meteor just sounds ridiculous.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Yo Project M is like really fun. Really really fun haha.

I don't like Megaman too much actually. I like him on a conceptual basis but he looks weird for smash. Villager, however, is too stronk.

TMario

Smash Apprentice
So... I've been gone for a bit. I added a couple of your wii codes to my machine (like 2 weeks ago), but I cant tell ya the next time I'll be able to play.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@BSP: I've been wondering. I already met BSL in person at a tourney this past march
and you guys have the same location. Are you really BSL? C'mon bro, come clean. xD

SKidd

Smash Master
hi juxtaposex

idk i play mostly melee now

but i'll play mario in brawl next tourney i guess

BSP

Smash Legend
I am not BSL.

It just so happens that we're both from Louisiana, stay in Baton Rouge, use Luigi, and have "BS" in our tags.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I am not BSL.

It just so happens that we're both from Louisiana, stay in Baton Rouge, use Luigi, and have "BS" in our tags.
Thanks for clearing that up for me (us). I was kinda confuse sitting there thinking you were
using alt accounts all this time.

I remember BSL was using luigi and use "BSL" as his tag during our friendly matches.
I was little bummed when he lost his pool set against some G&W main.

BSP

Smash Legend
I can play with you later, but much later. IE 2.5 hours.

This is an ironic question since I dropped the MU project, but who let Mario:MK be settled at -3?

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't think -3 is realistic. MK literally has 5+ options for anything Mario can do at any given time, and they're all much safer and rewarding than Mario's. I just can't see a top level MK losing the MU in tournament in today's metagame.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
You're right. Mk does have more options against mario, & i can't see a top level mk losing the mu
either.....unless we get some lucky gimp kills in. lol

imo, i'm starting to question about D3 being -3 against mario. I'm feeling -2

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I'm pretty convinced its -3 for us vs D3
He just grabs us if we ever hit his shield. If we try to attack him from above, then he'll just headbutt the **** out of us lol
It doesn't help that we don't kill him until like 200 either

Capeflip

Smash Cadet
You're right. Mk does have more options against mario, & i can't see a top level mk losing the mu
either.....unless we get some lucky gimp kills in. lol

imo, i'm starting to question about D3 being -3 against mario. I'm feeling -2

MK is one scary ************. dat nado gives me nightmares

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
MK is one scary mother****er. dat nado gives me nightmares
The more you play against him, the less scary he becomes.

@MarioBoards: Accroding to the BBR match-up chart, We are -1 against PK trainer.
But which character alone makes mario -1?

I'll say squirtle due to his quick moves, amazing combo potential, a solid recovery, good KO moves, and great movement speed.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
yeah, pretty much that.
Squirtle is like the better version of Mario, except he doesn't have a cape. dat frame 1 jab. too bad he's bound by the stamina system

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
The stamina system do sucks for pk trainer. hehe
As far as Ivysuar & Charizard goes, Mario kombats better against both of them imo.

Top Bottom