• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
So it looks like i'm going to a tourney this weekend coming up.

It'll be my FIRST ever tourney, so hopefully i'd play well with mario. Wish me luck?

oh yeah, i bought me some fresh pair of jordans like a week ago. they were on sale for 100$,
lucky me. Shoes came out like last july btw.

:pow:

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Coolwhip, so all those matches you have around YouTube were just Wifi matches, friendly local matches or both? Anyways, good luck with that tourney man, your representing us Marios over there! (We should Wifi again soon, just ordered my new gamecube controller. My other ones joystick got busted.)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Smash match-up discussion really and truly just hurts my soul. I can't believe I agreed to do this.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I was actually wondering yesterday how that was going. What's wrong? People making bad arguments?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My problem is just with the way things are handled. Each match-up is treated like one character's panelists vs the other character's panelists instead of both cooperating to understand how the match-up actually works in the current metagame.

That one flaw spawns many other issues. It's a headache just to read.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Man, that controller is so awesome! I believe it was exclusive to Japan through Club Nintendo. There's also a Luigi and Wario controller just to let you know.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I been knew about the luigi/wario controllers, the mario GC controller is just godlike though.
TOO much on the retail price imo.

I haven't check my club nintendo in awhile.....I don't have enough coins to buy anything.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Question.

What would be a good and interesting topic to talk about in regards to SSB4? I've already done character predictions and I plan on doing something with Namco Bandai soon.

Any ideas?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Well, there is a general discussion ssb4 thread around here on Sboards.
I however didn't read anything interesting nor legit on what they're talking about.

oh yeah, i did saw that character predictions video. You left out saki, bro. :L
Just like you said "These characters i think that will be in smash 4" If i did quote you right. xD

Saki is from the game "Sin and Punishment" I'm pretty sure you already played it b4.

@Mario Boards: Do anyone know were can i find the thread on the game&watch mu?
Character match-ups needs to be updated, really bad.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Wait until the backroom talk ends. They should be there.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6hfeVqwVI

LMFAO x10

EDIT:"Something's been on my mind lately, and most of you play Mario along with Luigi so you can give input as well.

At this point in the metagame, are Mario and Luigi really a whole tier apart? They both get demolished by the most important character in the game, and they lose to most of high tier as well.

Luigi's got the upper hand in brute strength and a fear factor in general, but I really miss the extra mobility that I have when I play Mario. Although, said extra mobility isn't very helpful when Mario doesn't have many options that actually scare the opponent. Luigi does, but he can't get and stay in"

I'm quoting bsp. Do anyone here has any input on this?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, they are, lol. I believe they should both be higher on the tier list than where they are though.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
How can i forget my own thread i've made? *SMH*

Thanks, Cezz. Have you been to a tourney yet? you do live in socal, right?

EDIT: Did we ever had a mario main as a BBR member?
We do need you though. I think matador or fire would be perfect as representing mario mains.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Well Coolwhip, I have only been to one tourney, which was hosted by my school. That tourney is what got me into competitive Brawl. Yup, I do live in socal but so far, I haven't heard news of any tourneys that are near my area.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Ken vs Scar was mad hype.

@Jux: It's been in the OP for 2 years

We should like...try to revive these boards...or something...

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@BSP: I'm the master at using the fludd, no one can't beat me. :troll:

@Javon: Dude, where you've been? Anyway, fludd should return, this time damaging foes 1% each hit it lands.
Mario's dair (Tornado) isn't going anywhere, that's mario signature move since smash bros.

SKidd

Smash Master
more viable moveset in general, like bair not being able to get shield grabbed if spaced well, dtilt doing something, etc

Top Bottom