• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

BSP

Smash Legend
Well there's that, but I also feel that it's pain to start anything on him at lower %'s since Mario's moves don't have that much base knockback (Fox just falls too fast lol)

And Usmash :mad:

And Lasers :mad:

BSP

Smash Legend
>asks about Fox MU in Mario boards
>get Luigi advice

Seems legit :troll: But seriously, yeah, Luigi handles him better imo.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
So Marios...we should...like do something...like...productive to the Metagame...or something...

yeah...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Meta isn't about actively trying to try to find things that you haven't discovered. Meta is about playing in the best way possible. And in that regard the Mario meta has improved significantly in the last two years.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Meta isn't about actively trying to try to find things that you haven't discovered. Meta is about playing in the best way possible.
I agree with this.

I don't think Mario in general has hit that ceiling. There are only a couple mains that I can think of that use him consistently at high level AND go to tournaments regularly. I believe that's why it feels we've stagnated a bit.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
There are only a couple mains that I can think of that use him consistently at high level AND go to tournaments regularly. I believe that's why it feels we've stagnated a bit.
I actually think that's the main reason why we've stagnated. Mario lacks so much player diversity at high level play that we're almost completely dependent on these players to advance our Metagame. I think the best way to alleviate that is to simply increase our player diversity or at least make our information more readily available.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
So today i was on youtube....and i was watching this video (Click here to watch)
Now, idk who in their right state of mind would even attempt to do something like this.

Would you guys try something like this?

:pow:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Yeah, it looks mad fun, but think of a million things that can go wrong falling from space....
Blood broiling, Lugs explosion, etc. even the people from nasa was talking about those chances of happening to him.

steep

Smash Lord
I think I'm done with Mario guys. At least for a while. Just went to a tournament in Cincinnatti yesterday and I was handed bracket on a silver platter and I couldn't get out. 6 people in my pool, 2 resigned, top three get out, lost to some IC's player that just knows how to CG because I was overconfident. Kel and Pink Fresh were in my pool, but I didn't mind losing to them. It was just the stewy guy that I'd never heard of. I played better with Olimar and Luigi so I dunno maybe I should just work on them. Sorry to let you guys down but I can't take it anymore. I lose to these people that I shouldn't lose to.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I support Steep's decision 100%.

I've also been seriously considering picking up Olimar recently. But we'll see. Oh yeah, I'm confirmed for APEX now. Hype.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Hopefully this video will pour inspiration into steep on the status of his mario.
NEVER GIVE UP, WORK HARD TO REACH PERFECTION!!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

steep

Smash Lord
Thanks Coolwhip. I probably won't give Mario up completely. But I am definitely going to be using more Olimar and Luigi. And maybe Falco. I kinda like Falco.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Record plz

Edit: Sux to hear that @ Steep, but I can't blame you. Just make sure you do work with whatever character you switch to. Make it count.

Top Bottom