• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 27-28 UM-Flint VGC Brawl Tourney

Flint VGC

Smash Cadet
As far as I know there could be anywhere between 4-6 people that play competitively from flint campus. As I said before, there aren't too many of us.
yeah, there aren't really a lot of super-competitive Brawl gamers here, but at least there will be quite a few average players adding to the cash pot, lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm positive that I'm coming now. So we should park in the parking deck, and that is free, correct?

Sumer

Smash Ace
I registered, but I'm not sure who I'm teaming with yet so I just put for team name "Not sure yet" and I didn't see an option that says "Paying in person" or something, but I'm planning to do that. Did I do everything right? o.o

Also this

So we should park in the parking deck, and that is free, correct?
And is it free if I leave my car there over night? Or where should I plan if I'm planning to leave me car over night?

Flint VGC

Smash Cadet
Yes, the parking deck is free, including if you leave your car there overnight. Also yes it's okay to pay in person, and as long as you tell me in advance then I waive the late fee.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yes, the parking deck is free, including if you leave your car there overnight. Also yes it's okay to pay in person, and as long as you tell me in advance then I waive the late fee.
Alrighty then. 99% sure I'm signing up for this tonight...I barely have enough money right now, but I'm getting birthday money and a paycheck really soon. See you on Saturday. :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
thank god tomorrow is friday this week needs to end ^-^; and my spring break starts next week

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
You lucky b@stard. My Spring Break was like 3 weeks ago, when there was still a foot of snow everywhere... lol
Mine too...my high school friends are on break in 2 weeks. They're going to Florida for marching band. I'm VERY jealous. ;_; But I went 4 years ago on the same kind of trip.

Anywho...I paid for the event, so I'm coming. Can't wait to see you guys again. I'll probably leave my house a little after 8:30 and get there at 10:00 for friendlies.

Flint VGC

Smash Cadet
For anyone that hasn't yet registered, we have decided to waive late registration fees for everyone that enters at the door and mentions this SmashBoards thread.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Well, I'm going to bed soon. So looking forward to this...not sure if I'll be able to sleep.

If you're looking for me tomorrow, I'll probably be wearing a black plaid long-sleeved shirt, with black converse, and a purple controller wrapped around my neck. I'll be the guy with overly long, curly, brown hair. >_> (Just look at my avatar too)

I'll be there around 10:00 a.m. for friendlies. (Moneymatches if they're like $1) Looking forward to seeing Boxxy again and meeting Sumer, Ori, Goddy, and anyone else from MI who's coming.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
results

1. Lain / Anther in GF
3. Mocoman
4. Boxxy
5. Sumer
5. Goddy
7. Dark Louis
7. DerktheJerk
9. Ori
9. Mani
9. DRK150
9. Just Mario
12. Pharrox
12. Topix
12. MetaMeeks
12. Skull

there were pools but this was top 16

Flint VGC

Smash Cadet
Just as an update for anyone interested in doubles tomorrow, Mani is in need of a teammate. Late registration fee will be waived; call Mani at 810-449-4914

For anyone else interested, registrations will still be accepted at the door, and I'm waiving all late registration fees: just $15, or $10 with a Wii and copy of Brawl. And as a small boost, I'm also throwing an extra $40-50 or so into the cash pot just because I feel like a nice guy.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
mocoman who? ololoo
^This^ is what everyone was trying to figure out after the tournament. lmfao.

All you need to know is to ban Japes against this guy (mains Falco). :( The Gods are on his side there. The guy beat me, Boxxy, and Sumer...I think all of us 2-1. His Falco's alright, but he has some mad FSmash mindgames...I think my demise was playing too aggresively.

This was my 3rd tourney up in MI and I feel I did better this time around...I was mad inconsistent though, so I need to work on that and get some more matchup experience. Good seeing all of you guys again. It was a blast, like always. Wish I could've stayed and partied, maybe have done doubles the next day, but I promised someone back home that I was hanging out with them on Sunday. Yeah, I'm definitely up for Smashfests/tournaments this summer. I've got a job now, and I'm setting aside some of my money for travel, which includes Smash.

Shoutouts:

1. Lain :popo: :marth: :snake: :metaknight:- Congrats for winning the tournament. You seem like a pretty chill guy...and lol at the Canadian change you used in our $1.35 moneymatch. :p You've got a good Marth going so far, and I think he's one of my better matchups.

2. Anther :pikachu: :diddy: :metaknight:- Good stuff in pools and the tournament, your Pika's so fast xD, and your Diddy and MK seem to be on the right track. Nice guy.

3. Mocoman :falco:- Good **** beating alot of us Smashboards members. You surprised alot of people. Your Falco's legit, I'm not sure what to say besides improving your laser game. Keep playing on Japes when you can, but we're all sure as hell banning it if we're up against you again. xD

4. Boxxy :snake:- It looked like you had an off day. It happens... You're a pretty fun guy to be around, I seemed alot more chilled out around you.

5. Sumer :wolf:- Out Wolf ditto was too close. I guess you focus mainly on one character while I'm still torn between Snake and Wolf, which gave you an advantage. But no Johns...I gotta learn the Wolf mu with Snake. lol

5. Goddy :metaknight:- Looks like you had a pretty good day today. I finally came to a MI tournament again like you said I should. xD

7. Dark Louis :snake: :wolf:- You had your moments today, but you were inconsistent. Learn the Falco matchup, and just...think more during matches. Still top 7 out of 32 is a personal best in MI. Keep doing what you're doing, only better and more consistently.

7. DerktheJerk :popo: :marth:- It's been awhile since we faced each other last July. Thanks for the Marth/IC friendlies after the tournament

9. Ori :marth:- You and Boxxy are a pretty fun group to be around. lol @ our friendlies with Boxxy and that beforehand.

9. Mani :metaknight:- Man, that first game in the tournament shook me up a little bit, I got pwned even though I won it. This had to be my favorite set in the tournament. Good ****, dude.

9. DRK150 :metaknight:- You're a pretty chill guy and thanks for all the MK experience beforehand. I needed it. I hope to see you in some more MI tournaments this summer.

9. Just Mario :falco: :rob:- I heard you play alot of characters, I say you should stick with Falco as your main and maybe ROB as a secondary. I didn't play your ROB, but you did pretty good in draft crews with him.

12. Pharrox- Didn't play

12. Topix- Didn't play

12. MetaMeeks- Didn't play

12. Skull- Didn't play

Boxxy

Smash Lord
someone teach me how to not auto pilot :(

also, remind me to NEVER use ices...

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

1. Lain / Anther in GF: Grats
3. Mocoman: You suck. Try levelin' up then you might be good as me someday.
4. Boxxy: GGs.
5. Sumer: Grats
5. Goddy: Grats
7. Dark Louis: Grats. You're wolf looked good. Too bad we didn't get some friendlies in.
7. DerktheJerk: Good job. Flint smash is levelin up!!!
9. Ori: ......
9. Mani: Same as Derk. Good stuff!
9. DRK150: Grats. We should get some friendlies in if we're at another tournament.
9. Just Mario: Same as Derk. Good job on ranking higher than me. Keep it up.
12. Pharrox: Grats.
12. Topix: Grats.
12. MetaMeeks: WORTHLESS! Try learning the snake matchup, then come back.
12. Skull: GGs. You placed same spot as me in brackets! VERY NICE!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Singles
1. Lain - <3 great seeing you dude, fun friendlies and what not
2. Anther - <3 bestest buddy :3
3. Mocoman - didnt play but i guess good stuff getting 3rd
4. Boxxy - got lucky, fun set
5. Sumer - always a pleasure to play you
5. Goddy - Upset of the century, besating boxxy 1st round as a 4th seed
7. Dark Louis - great to finally meet you dude, very chill, hope to see you in the future
7. DerktheJerk - great seeing you
9. Ori - finally to-p 10 were you belong, keep stepping up
9. Mani - our pool was top 10 lol
9. DRK150 - see mani's, but dude you are the coolest dude i hope to see you in the future
9. Just Mario - ggs
12. Pharrox - ggs in pools, and i hope to come to one of your tourneys soon
12. Topix - ggs nice snake
12. MetaMeeks - didnt play
12. Skull - didnt play

Doubles
1. Lain and Anther ($100) - we took you to second set good enough for me
2. Ori and Boxxy ($64) - w00t first time teaming and we get 2nd ;) we gonna wreck at MBZ2
3. Sumer and Just Mario - we play you 3 times, but good **** guys toughest matches ever always back and forth
4. Mani and Derk the Jerk - ggs in round robin pools
--cutoff--
5. Wixom - ggs, Deebo and Sandwich live! lol
6. Team Rainbow - ggs

Wow, these results.

Do you have brackets?
uh im gonna have Allen email me the brackets and im gonna upload make them .tio cuz he used some other program

Ori got top 10? Way to step it up dude ((:
ty <3

Im gonna go make a results thread i guess, and i will update it with brackets once i get them from Allen

Anther

Smash Champion
This was funsies. Gg and shiz. Day 1 plus 2 was fun... and even having a 6 hour 6 team doubles tournament.. lol.

Top Bottom