• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marathon Mafia D - GAME OVER - Vengeful Mafia

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
lynching someone just for being a weaker player is never legit IMO. Someone being a weak/strong player has no bearing on their alignment.
then we simply disagree

having a weak player in LYLO usually means that player is hard to distinguish in terms of aligment in the first place making them an absolute liability

that is of course we find one of the players in the heads up actually being MORE scummy

this is basic mafia 101, nick. either u forgot or just disagree with what is normally a common approach

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Although I've become less resistant to the idea of hammering early in mafia games, there's still a line. I don't want someone to hammer so quickly we don't get any info at all out of the day.
hammering early? were over halfway to deadline lol, 6 min left

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There are no NKs, Chibo. What happens if deadline passes without a lynch? Nothing.

:059:

Omni

BRoomer
6 minutes

no one is quicklynching so off the subject

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You're one of the most notorious pseudo-hunters here. Sorry to say that.
Only in your opinion. Only in your opinion.

I don't think it's actually his plan to just lynch weaker players? I don't think he ever actually said that.
At the very beginning, he wanted to know who was the weaker player so he'd know "who to lynch to keep out of lylo". So yes, he is prepared to do that. He never actually proposed it as a plan, but the fact that he is prepared to do something like that raises alarm bells for me. I think he's setting up a mislynch later.

@Omni
In all the games I've been in, I've never seen someone lynched just because they were a weaker player. EVER.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I know weaker players can be a liability in lylo, but my #1 approach is always "Lynch the scummiest player". That's all. A no read is always better than a scum read.

Omni

BRoomer
more importantly i would think that hammering in general wouldnt be an issue for nick and chibo just cuz i know they are vets and are aware of the setup

ive got nothing on vander since ive never played with before so i cant expect anything

thinking we should just no lynch it up until we have enough conversation. no point in trying to reach deadline if deadline means nothing for scum

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Anyway, can we lynch Omni? He's the only one that's been setting off scum bells so far.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
If we get the same thing D2 as we do here D1, I'm for it, but else I'd rather lynch Omni now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The vengeful shot can actually backfire...hmm might as well forget about it?

:059:

Omni

BRoomer
Only in your opinion. Only in your opinion.

At the very beginning, he wanted to know who was the weaker player so he'd know "who to lynch to keep out of lylo". So yes, he is prepared to do that. He never actually proposed it as a plan, but the fact that he is prepared to do something like that raises alarm bells for me. I think he's setting up a mislynch later.

@Omni
In all the games I've been in, I've never seen someone lynched just because they were a weaker player. EVER.
huh i already explained why i wanted to know who was weakest

if it becomes a heads up and i have an even read on them both (i.e. i cant tell who is more scummy) then the player i'd rather avoid in lylo dies

in this case however i'd probably lynch the strongest hoping that they'd pull a good shot afterwards

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Okay then, we should definitely lynch Omni

@Gheb
How can the vengeful shot backfire? If we mislynch its our only way to avoid losing!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
It was his "weaker player" thing. I think he was using it to setup a mislynch later. Right now it's definitely the best thing I have to go off of.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im feelin good with omni this game, and agree with how hes doing things this game (his plan) so yea lets get nich out of here, idk how he doesnt get this train of thought

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
huh i already explained why i wanted to know who was weakest

if it becomes a heads up and i have an even read on them both (i.e. i cant tell who is more scummy) then the player i'd rather avoid in lylo dies

in this case however i'd probably lynch the strongest hoping that they'd pull a good shot afterwards
Hm... Thing is, that's not what you said earlier. This line of reasoning is okay, but it doesn't match up completely with what you were doing earlier.

Omni

BRoomer
is that so vander

why are u fine with me

nick can u refrain from answering my previous question for a sec

o well nm

Top Bottom