• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 29, 2014] [ASL ]AUSOM 10: The Banishment of Ganondorf (Auburn, AL)

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
I don't like where this is going. The price isn't changing. If that makes people not want to come, I'm sorry. If they still want to come, we welcome you. This is going to be the 10th and final Ausom "using that series name anyways" and we would like to see old and new faces alike. We are planning for this to have a nice sized turnout because, when ran correctly, they usually do. So can we please stop arguing over something as trivial as 5 dollars. Please.

~Obama, using PrinceAlias acc

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Sorry I was making such a big deal over such a little issue. Like I said earlier, at these prices it probably won't be a deciding factor, but having an arbitrarily higher price with no logical purpose goes against the principles of the ASL, which I still believe in. But it isn't my tournament so I won't press it any further.

Last edited:

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Kinda mad Obama hacked my account....but he got stuff done. Hope everyone is able to come. From what we are seeing we already got 50-60ish interested (not all for smash), But Auburn has been trying to branch out from just smash to accommodate other FGC's. So everyone bring your A game.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Wow, a tournament that's actually close enough for me to attend... Too bad I only play Brawl Minus.

How many Minus players would have to sign up for you have a Minus event? We've got 9 people who play Minus regularly in LaGrange and West Point GA.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Wow, a tournament that's actually close enough for me to attend... Too bad I only play Brawl Minus.

How many Minus players would have to sign up for you have a Minus event? We've got 9 people who play Minus regularly in LaGrange and West Point GA.
Are you for real? I thought Brawl Minus was just for random friendlies. I remember when that **** first came out and we played that **** for like 7 hours straight and found like 8 completely broken amazing things. But then they released balance patches and we never played again. Taking it serious seems like the exact opposite of what you would want to do.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Are you for real? I thought Brawl Minus was just for random friendlies. I remember when that **** first came out and we played that **** for like 7 hours straight and found like 8 completely broken amazing things. But then they released balance patches and we never played again. Taking it serious seems like the exact opposite of what you would want to do.
Yeah, I'm serious, ha ha. I introduced both Project M and Brawl Minus to my 9+ local Smash players more than a year ago, and most of us ended up liking Minus more. It just feels more fun to us.

As for it being unbalanced, the Minus Developers are pretty good about keeping things even. If something too broken is discovered, people report it on the forums, and it's fixed. With a few small exceptions (which will be addressed next release, coming between late March - early April), Minus feels pretty balanced right now IMO.

Give it another try if you haven't played it in a while!
http://forums.brawlminus.tk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47

The latest videos of Minus in action:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeBattledrive

The next release is going to be major.

Last edited:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Sorry but I don't see any other folks beside you guys would come for Brawl Minus. I don't want it to be just you guys against each other and no one else. But if B Bent 00 wants to bring his possy and their own setups be my guest

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
That's the point though. When I brought up the broken stuff, that's what made it fun. Just auto-comboing across the screen and winning with 2 moves that blew up everyone was sick. When I played the updated build it just felt like janky brawl.

But yea du, you're SOL. There's no one playing that game within a 1000 miles. You're better off trying to organize a Rival Schools tournament.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
But yea du, you're SOL. There's no one playing that game within a 1000 miles. You're better off trying to organize a Rival Schools tournament.
I'M IN THERE, THOUGH. You don't step to my weapon-wielders. Hyo/Hayato/Edge all day.

Last edited:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
HYPE! AUSOM [now Regional - having folks all over the region coming] is only one week away! With that being said, I need to know who needs housing. If you do send me a facebook or smashboard private message and tell me if you need Friday or Saturday night or both.
Also, if you have setups please bring them so we have a smoother tournament (also if you have power strips please bring them). Finally, if you haven't pre-registered yet go and do that. See you guys there.

Last edited:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lmao aye we a week away from this **** and I ain't practiced ****. I don't have a non-HDTV in my house anymore.

Gotta go to RadioShack and cop some **** so I can play on my old computer monitor.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
In time for whatever you want to play
Schedule (sort of):
10:00 am Doors Open
1:00 pm Project M
2:00 pm BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma and Super Smash Bros Melee
3:00 pm Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012
4:00 pm Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
5:00 pm Pokemon X/Y VGC 2014
10:00 pm leave venue

Zone

Smash Champion
Damn... I play Chrono Phantasma. I would come to enter, but unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It all depends on how long things take, so more setups the faster we get stuff done and maybe have time.
Make it depend on interest, imo. You can make time. I will personally do all the yelling required to make it move at a reasonable clip. Let the people play doubles.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I'm part of the Middle TN crew, and we're planning on coming for sure, I'm pretty sure a minimum of 4 people are coming, maybe even 6.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker ima body you son. My thumbnail finally fell off.

@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t yeah we are showing up. Though I may not be able to last minute cause of work being a little ****. Rest of the car should be coming no matter what.

I basically have to drive my ass off tomorrow and hope they give me a load that goes right through my house from Jackson MS.

Last edited:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
The number of pre-reg is over 70. We have a good number confirmed from out of town. Nice1 is helping get Marvel and Street fighter folks from all over the South to come and the Auburn University news paper just did an article about the tournament and the club helping host it article here: http://www.theplainsman.com/view/fu...g-on-all-gamers?instance=home_news_lead_story

So I am speculating +80 folks coming

Last edited:
Top Bottom