• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 21, 2015] KTAR XII - Smash 4 Tournament (New Event Structure) (Somerset, NJ)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS tournament - Registration at the door

Venue Fee: $10
Smash 4 Singles: $10
Smash 4 Doubles: $10 (per person)
Setup discounts to be updated

Schedule:

10 am: Registration begins
11 am: Smash 4 Doubles
3:00 pm: Smash 4 Singles
11:00 pm: Venue closes

Smash 4 Singles Payout

1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Smash 4 Singles payouts (If over 100 entrants)

1st: 48%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
7th: 2%

Doubles: (10 or more teams):

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Doubles: (9 or less teams)

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

With talk among other TOs I've created a new event structure which will feature pools for a high amount of entrants, pool captains, and more dedicated setups depending on the number of entrants. Along with a lot less events/games, having 1 game for now and more planned for events that are for 2 or 3 days:

-64 players or below : Double Elimination Bracket
-64 to 128 players: Bracket or Round Robin pools to top 16 final bracket (Bracket for 16< setups, RR for 16 or more)
-128+ players: Bracket pools to top 32 final bracket

-Facebook Page-
-Nintendodojo-

Stream by Clash Tournaments!

Smash 4 Stage list + Rule-set:

Stage list (Singles & Doubles)
2 bans per player for singles, 2 bans per team for Doubles

Neutrals:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination

Counter-picks:
Battleship Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Duck Hunt
Town and City
Delfino
Pilot Wings
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Omega FD is a CP but if FD is banned then Omega FD is also banned

Rules for Singles, doubles

2 Stocks, 6 Minute Time Limit, No Items,
Team Attack is On
Double Elimination Bracket, 2/3 Games, 3/5 finals matches
Custom moves banned
1111, 2222, and 3333 allowed for Mii Fighters and Palutena
Can't go the same color as your opponent's team color
Dave's stupid rule: A player can't pick a stage they previously won on during the set.

The act of stalling is banned: Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Conact-

I respond to facebook messages or posts in this thread the quickest, but feel free to contact me using these other methods if needed:

Email: richking87@live.com
Phone Number: 908-380-3506

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
What's the reasoning behind Pilotwings being legal but not Wuhu or Skyloft? Just asking because Pilotwings is known to have severe camping issues, while the other two are more well-liked in the community and have no such issues.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
What's the reasoning behind Pilotwings being legal but not Wuhu or Skyloft? Just asking because Pilotwings is known to have severe camping issues, while the other two are more well-liked in the community and have no such issues.
The TO put Pilotwings on by accident, it will be taken off shortly. Basically the stage list is the same as APEX but with Kongo 64 added to singles.

Other than that, I'm incredibly happy to see the 1111/2222/3333 Mii Fighter/Palutena rule being placed into effect.

Last edited:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Why keitaro??? This is the same weekend as final round. Final round has smash U. Can't you hold this one week prior. P.s. I'm going to get my $50 sidebet run back. You just can't bet against zero.

Da Loc

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna try to make it. I'm coming from NH and will also be looking for a partner for doubles.

-How come no 4v4 this time.

Yikarur

Smash Master
You all should try to push for a full-legal-Mii Set. 1111 2222 3333 is really arbitrary. People should just be allowed to create their own Miis with full moveset access.

I use the following clause on my tournaments, I think it's the best thing you could do and something people could/should adopt:

Omega Clause:
Banning Ω Stages bans all Ω Stages. Final Destination is treated as an Ω Stage. If someone bans a non-Ω Stage, their Omega Counterpart is banned as well.

and we use an arbitrary Omega Stage as a starter. Even depending. The last tournament has Coliseum Ω as starter. If I host a tournament Kalos League will probably be starter.
it's a good way to mix-up the starter list. Most people don't want Final Destination as starter in germany because of the light effects. This rule takes care of that problem as well.
All other Omegas are starter of course.

Rend4125

Smash Cadet
NNID
Billiam4125
Bowser main looking for a doubles partner for this. Message me

Rend4125

Smash Cadet
NNID
Billiam4125
can anyone house me this day? Message me, I could pay some.

Ryangos323

Smash Rookie
if im just playing singles do i have to show up at 10am for registration or can i arrive quarter to 3pm and register then?????

Top Bottom