• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manchester thread

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Due to the fact that smash UK basically has a lot of rubbish that washes away important stuff, I've decided to use smashboards again for arranging some meetups in Manchester which will mainly be melee and project M.

I also though it would be a good idea to have a day/time once a week when we can all meet up and have some games. I've talked to Aiko and he is the most limited at the moment I think, and he's free on Tuesdays and the weekends, but it also depends on what's best for everyone else.

Player list:

Bullet Bill- Platt Lane/ Rusholme
Aiko
Shlurpie
Sparkles Fantastic- Higher Cambridge St (near the aquatics centre)

SparklesFantastic

Smash Rookie
Due to the fact that smash UK basically has a lot of rubbish that washes away important stuff, I've decided to use smashboards again for arranging some meetups in Manchester which will mainly be melee and project M.

I also though it would be a good idea to have a day/time once a week when we can all meet up and have some games. I've talked to Aiko and he is the most limited at the moment I think, and he's free on Tuesdays and the weekends, but it also depends on what's best for everyone else.

Player list:

Bullet Bill- Platt Lane/ Rusholme
Aiko
Shlurpie

Yo it's jamie. I'll be up for weeklies any day, but if they are on a tuesday or thursday, i can't show up until after 5pm due to classes.

Sparkles Fantastic - Higher Cambridge Street (Near the aquatics centre)

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
I can play pretty much most times at the moment, middle of the day every day except Monday i have classes but they're not usually that long

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Heyo. Saturdays are safe me and my friend Dave (who can't access smashboards due to an error creating an account) should be able to meet up.

We play melee but prefer PM.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Then the only thing left is the venue. I'm happy to have you all round at mine, but the only problem is that PM will play in black and white

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Can't make it this week because been busy - but could you PM me your details and I can always arrange some other time

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Right then Manchester people, I've been thinking that it would be good if we could arrange a weekly meetup same day same time. It'd make things much easier and we shouldn't have to worry so much about when people are free etc. I'm pretty flexible at the moment so you will have to tell me when it would be best for you. I know Tuesday evenings is a potential candidate as Aiko, who has quite a busy timetable, can do.

I need you to say when you're free so we can set this up

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
right, so since Jacob hasn't replied I think we should confirm the day as being Tuesday evening. I'm happy to host the first one and wouldn't mind hosting again if it's easier for people but we'll see how the first one goes. Sooooooo I'll see you all nex Tuesday

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Finally checked here again. ^^. I can do Tuesday after 5 :< or early in the day but busy 3-5.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Tuesday evenings should be fine then. If everyone's alright with it, we'll do the first one at mine and see how things look from there

Bobby Huge

Smash Rookie
Hey, it's Robert Hughes from the Facebook group. Finally got around to making a Smashboards account. Tuesdays are good whenever I'm not in work.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Hey man dunno of you've been getting my texts. What time you thinking for us getting there? Just any time?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well what can I say. Yesterday was a complete success and hopefully we can keep it up for other Tuesdays to come. Next one will be at mine again then and we may be able to have 2 setups this time. After that, we can mix up who hosts so people don't always have to travel

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Yo, just to let you all know, there's a Smash tournament in Nottingham on the SmashUK group. Manchester smashers are very welcome!

glottore

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I play melee and really wanna get involved. I live in Salford at the moment, going to university there (in my third year). Please message me the details of the meet ups so I can tag along :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
awesome man. At the moment, we're meeting up every Tuesday at about 6 onwards. I've hosted all of them so far, but the next one might be over at Shlurpies. I'll get back to you with the details when I know for certain when it's going to be. Which games do you play?

glottore

Smash Rookie
If you're talking smash in general, I play melee exclusively. Multiplayer games - I'm playing Street Fighter 4 at the moment, I've got 3k+ PP maining Gouken. I played melee with flatmates last year but they rarely played so there wasn't much challenge. I've just been watching vids on youtube of pro melee players and got really motivated to look for the Manchester smash scene if there was one.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
ah ok. Well most of us here play PM but we do also play a bit of melee. I myself have played melee for a long time so I certainly wouldn'd mind playing it

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Wha'dya study at Salford?

also I speak very highly of PM and I'm sure when you get your hands on it you will love it, especially if you exclusively play Melee.

Top Bottom