• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manchester thread

glottore

Smash Rookie
Studying Maths. I'll give PM a try but I probably won't like it. I thought Brawl was garbage

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Studying Maths. I'll give PM a try but I probably won't like it. I thought Brawl was garbage

But you like Melee. Personally I see it as a more balanced melee, with better map selection, more characters and graphics.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
PM isn't really like brawl and to be honest, is much better than melee. We do also play melee but seriously, PM is a lot more interesting and just as competitive

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
im learning both games so give me a shout whenever :p

on a related note, my housemate has been feeling ill for the past few days and if he's not better by monday night i wont be able to host this coming tuesday

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Good games from Tuesday guys. If anyone else wants to host next time, speak up. At the moment, I think the most ideal setup would be two project M. The only problem with that is that my other TV is too old and will only play it in colour. I may look for a newer TV that can play NTSC in colour seeing as PM is the game we play the most by far

glottore

Smash Rookie
Can we have one TV running Project M and one running Melee? Project M is fun no doubt, but Melee feels like time better spent. I realized how **** I was after getting seriously wrecked by Anthony's Marth and Falco on Melee yesterday, so I'm setting Sunday aside as Melee day and training with Zach. I know you've grown bored of Melee Ben but it would mean a lot

glottore

Smash Rookie
It's the game I enjoy more, it's in Evo (I think it's the more popular game in tourneys?) and it feels faster paced

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Fair enough if you enjoy it more... but I personally don't enjoy an unbalanced game :p.

yeah it's more popular tournament wise I guess. but Evo is in US and the little tournaments in UK starting to have PM.

pretty sure it is not faster paced. the only way i can imagine you feel that is because you are more used to Melee so can perform things faster.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Can we have one TV running Project M and one running Melee? Project M is fun no doubt, but Melee feels like time better spent. I realized how **** I was after getting seriously wrecked by Anthony's Marth and Falco on Melee yesterday, so I'm setting Sunday aside as Melee day and training with Zach. I know you've grown bored of Melee Ben but it would mean a lot

Not my Fox then? Playing melee is ok at any rate as I still don't mind playing it but PM would still be my prefered game. One melee and one PM is how things are atm for when it's at mine beacuse of how the TVs are

glottore

Smash Rookie
I think I suppressed the memory immediately after it happened but thanks for the reminder :p Awesome I can only hope it stays that way :)

Jacob29

Smash Ace
For curiosity sake we should have Melee and PM have Fox+Falco run across FD on both of them and see which one is faster.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
For curiosity sake we should have Melee and PM have Fox+Falco run across FD on both of them and see which one is faster.

I think melee fox has a faster running speed but I'm not that interested tbh. I don't think melee is faster than PM anyway. I've played fox on PM and can do exactly the same fast technical stuff that I can do in melee

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
yeah was really good. Now you'll just have to wish me and James luck for this Saturday. We will be representing manchester (and RC) after all.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
OK guys. Last smashfest at mine tommorow since I'll be heading to the Isle of man for Christmas fairly soon. Of course, if any of you will still be around during the hollidays and wants some games, you can, but it can't be at my house. See you all tommorow

Bobby Huge

Smash Rookie
Haven't been down in a while because I work almost every Tuesday, but I've still been playing a lot. If any one wants any games over Christmas then I'll gladly come over.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think we'll all be back by then. Either way, the next one will be at mine which will be the same place as the last time Bobby. Would be good to see everyone again

Top Bottom