• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making character icons to handle the hype.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Oh my gosh you pushed my notifications up to 26 out of complete nowhere. I was super confused for a moment, haha.

And yeah, should definitely do Snake. The rest of the cut characters too. Been really neglecting this thing lately.

Also I love your avatar.
You should do the cut characters that never got like Pichu or Young Link.

After all when the votes are over, I definitely gona use these Icons, There beyond beauty to my eyes. There really unique that for sure.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I scaled down a Paper Mario face ripped from TTYD:

a_mario-.mm100.png

It seriously looks awesome in the forums :)

Paper Mario for ssb4, with gorgeous inputs icons like this:

I also have the stick, but I think you get the idea of the gorgeousness :)

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Any chance we'll see the alt costume characters (as in FemRobin, Alph, the Koopalings, etc.)? I hope this isn't too much for you.

Khao

Smash Lord
Here's a sad attempt at Isaac.

I feel like I made a ton of bad decisions with this one and I don't really like the end result. But maybe I'm just being harsh since he's my most wanted newcomer. I might just be out of practice.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Here's a sad attempt at Isaac.

I feel like I made a ton of bad decisions with this one and I don't really like the end result. But maybe I'm just being harsh since he's my most wanted newcomer. I might just be out of practice.
Awesome.

This was unexpected but I think I gonna use it in any moment. That hand though bro. not even rayman can do that.
I recommend to make K.Rool and Snake next. There quite popular.
But that just opinion.

xTheAscendedOnex

Smash Rookie
NNID
xTheAscendedOnex
3DS FC
0920-1616-5469
Your icons reminded me a lot of Kirbopher's Brawl Taunts when he used to do them lol. When I first saw them in your signature I thought it was a creepy pasta....lol

Khao

Smash Lord
Got bored. Made this piece of crap.

It's basically terrible from a technical perspective.

But it was fun enough to create.

And amusing enough to post.

So I decided I'm gonna animate his whole moveset even if it takes a year. (probably less, that thing was surprisingly fast.)

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Who's Snake?

EDIT:

My only problem with Snake is that pretty much my only idea is basically the exact same thing as Ike.

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Your animation and sprite work is on point. Do this stuff as a hobby only?

Khao

Smash Lord
Yeah, pretty much.

I kinda work at an indie game company, so I deal with animations and **** all the time. But unless you count creating some ridiculous placeholder graphics just for fun, I'm not an actual animator myself. I'd love to work as one some day, though.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Yeah, pretty much.

I kinda work at an indie game company, so I deal with animations and **** all the time. But unless you count creating some ridiculous placeholder graphics just for fun, I'm not an actual animator myself. I'd love to work as one some day, though.
Practice make perfect. You can do Fan made stuff until you make you OWN original stuff in a way. But is really **mn hard thouh...
A nice new Mii Icon on the roster would be great, Like all tree in one head.

Khao

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post

And here's one without a ****ty attempt at sword reflections that actually works as an icon:

Moderator Edit: Please do not censor dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Can you please make some with recolors so I can use these as the stock icons on Project M? XD

Khao

Smash Lord
Welp, here's a start.

Since this is the Smash 4 roster, I'm using the Smash 4 recolors, I know that Project M has some exclusive recolors, so there's gonna be some stuff missing if you wanna use these for that.

Expect the rest in more or less a billion years (give or take a billion years).

Also, since I'm doing this, this'll finally be a good opportunity to make the alternate costumes.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Welp, here's a start.

Since this is the Smash 4 roster, I'm using the Smash 4 recolors, I know that Project M has some exclusive recolors, so there's gonna be some stuff missing if you wanna use these for that.

Expect the rest in more or less a billion years (give or take a billion years).

Also, since I'm doing this, this'll finally be a good opportunity to make the alternate costumes.
I can't wait to see how you'll handle the alternate costumes (as in the ones with different models). Also GameBoy!Dedede is more Based on the Game Boy Pocket than the Original Game Boy (as just Black-&-White rather than Green).

Khao

Smash Lord
Blagh, did more straight away. Took me a bit longer than expected. Some of this require a bit more work than I expected, especially since I decided to only use colors I already used before if possible. Some of the extra colors may be slightly edited from the original sprite too, like Falco, who's color changes in the icons mostly depend on the transparent visor thingy, which I didn't include in the original sprite for whatever reason.

Game&Watcher Game&Watcher , I'll fix Dedede's gameboy colors later. Good catch.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Blagh, did more straight away. Took me a bit longer than expected. Some of this require a bit more work than I expected, especially since I decided to only use colors I already used before if possible. Some of the extra colors may be slightly edited from the original sprite too, like Falco, who's color changes in the icons mostly depend on the transparent visor thingy, which I didn't include in the original sprite for whatever reason.

Game&Watcher Game&Watcher , I'll fix Dedede's gameboy colors later. Good catch.
Normal Kirby may have been creepy before, but Meta-Kirby is 2spoopy4me. (I mean that in a good way.) Still can't wait to see how you'll handle characters with actual model changes (FemRobin, Biker Wario, Shorts Samus, Pikachu/Jigglypuff's hats, etc.).

Khao

Smash Lord
Pwhoom.

I decided I'm gonna focus on the alt costumes when I got all recolors down.

It'll be more healthy for my motivation levels. And I feel like I'll just rush them if I do them inbetween the regular recolors. And I don't want to rush them.

Still, hoodie Mac because it's just the one.

Khao

Smash Lord
Eight more.

Next time I'll post the rest of the I-have-no-alts characters in one go (think I'm missing like 10) then I'll finally move into making all the different alts. That's probably gonna take a while, especially for people like Bowser Jr.

Last edited:
Top Bottom