• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making character icons to handle the hype.

Khao

Smash Lord
So just a while ago, I started making some character icons to wait until release and properly contain the hype, it started out as something I did to fill in some spots on a roster prediction thread, but then I just kept drawing characters and now I decided I'm gonna do each and every one of them, even a few unconfirmed ones.

Roster completed!

Cut characters:

Extra Icons:

This might be obvious, but I'm not exactly doing them "seriously." =P Pretty much pure parody.

So roster is now complete. I'll keep doing extra characters, Alt Costumes are likely coming, but the original goal was totally met. Also, if you want to use these for anything, do it. Don't hold back. Each one of the icons in this post is a separate image, so you can right click and download, or copy the image link and do whatever the heck you want with it afterwards.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not too sure if this is a good place to do this, but here I go.

So just a while ago, I started making some character icons to wait until release and properly contain the hype, it started out as something I did to fill in some spots on a roster prediction thread, but then I just kept drawing characters and now I decided I'm gonna do each and every one of them, even a few unconfirmed ones.

Here's what I got so far:
Confirmed:

Leaked:

Wanted:

This might be obvious, but I'm not exactly doing them "seriously." =P Pretty much pure parody.

So yeah, if you guys got any suggestions on who to do next and how to do them, just post away.

Or or or, here's an idea: why not join on the fun and do a few icons of your own? Let's see if anyone can do the whole known roster before the 3DS version is released in Japan!
............The icons looked so ironic.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Not too sure if this is a good place to do this, but here I go.

Here's what I got so far:
Confirmed:

Leaked:

Wanted:

So yeah, if you guys got any suggestions on who to do next and how to do them, just post away.

Or or or, here's an idea: why not join on the fun and do a few icons of your own? Let's see if anyone can do the whole known roster before the 3DS version is released in Japan!
That Donkey Kong one though

D

Deleted member

Make Captain Falcon, Robin, Diddy Kong, and Toon Link. :troll:
Keep up the good work with the icons.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I like Samus, I can only imagine how small her head might be.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Is it possible if you could do a Palutena one with her nerdy glasses? These seem so silly after all. >_<

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
These icons are super cute! Keep up the awesome work! The emotional expressions would be great to use in a post, much like a troll face. I would love to see Captain Falcon, Olimar, Dedede, Wolf, Bowser, Ganondorf... All of them!

Khao

Smash Lord
Make Captain Falcon, Robin, Diddy Kong, and Toon Link. :troll:
Keep up the good work with the icons.
These icons are super cute! Keep up the awesome work! The emotional expressions would be great to use in a post, much like a troll face. I would love to see Captain Falcon, Olimar, Dedede, Wolf, Bowser, Ganondorf... All of them!

(also version with a black "yes" for lighter backgrounds)

An Isaac one would be really cool.
One of my most wanted newcomers, will definitely do him at some point.
plz make assist trophies too
If I'm up for it after I got the whole playable roster, I'll totally do that!

Also, making these actually use-able on the site would be crazy awesome, didn't even think that could happen. Would probably have to do them all before that just in case I lose motivation and leave an unfinished collection though.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
There's not a freaking spoiler tag for nothing!!!!!! Use it when discussing leaks ffs...

Khao

Smash Lord
There's not a freaking spoiler tag for nothing!!!!!! Use it when discussing leaks ffs...
I thought they were accepted as common knowledge in this forum. I guess they kinda are, but I'm spoilering the leaked characters just in case anyway, don't have anything to lose.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Could you make an icon of the Villager and/or his yellow shirt alt (the one from my icon)?

Khao

Smash Lord
Hrgh, wanted to do a few extra characters so I could post several at once, but Ganondorf made me sick.

I had to sacrifice a few magnificent points in his beard for the sake of consistency with the outline. Curse your complex design, Mr. Dorf!

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Iunno, these look really Metal Slug-esque. Me likey.:4pacman:

Speaking of the emoticon, maybe you could do icons for Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man?

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I have to say. I love the creepy art style. I've been making hype pics as well. But not drawing them myself. XfD @ Donkey Kong

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT

These look so good and funny, can I get in on this petition?

Top Bottom