• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Trademark Better (aka critique vids)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Against Falcon, be careful of how you decide to initiate in the air. He punishes people from below really well. Also, platforms aren't your friend at all, because of this, so don't bother with them for approaching/baiting.

Against DK, you seem to run into bair/get hit by bair a lot. Use more turnips to keep him facing you, and disrupt his spacing.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Platforms aren't Peach's friend? What?

At certain percents vs ffers, you can dash attack or uthrow them, and if they land on a platform, it creates some stupid games. If they don't tech immediately, you get anywhere from 2-4 free uairs (depending on DI, percent, etc). If they do, you can use her djc trick to punish teching towards you or in place, if they tech roll away, you can dash attack and if they block, they get pushed off the platform (and dependend on shield DI/the stage, they can fall off the stage entirely). If they don't, free combo.

If someone is overly gung-ho about approaching you while you're below lower platforms (bf, ps, ys, etc), you can jump up to one when you see a spacing error, and dsmash them for pretty dumb amounts of damage. Good players can bait and punish it, but hey, you gotta know how to wipe out weaker players, too.

If you're standing below a low platform, you can also shut down most angles of aerial approach using turnips, fc nairs, and dtilt/usmash (my favourite). Can also be baited, of course.

I posted some quick tips on your video as "izzyinfamous". I didn't have time to watch the full thing, though.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Platforms aren't your friend when Falcon can uair you from below for free combos. Should've clarified.

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
First of all, pretty good Peach =D

But as far as critiques go, the one thing in particular I noticed was that you roll alot when fox (I watched the teams sets) hits your shield with Usmash/get-up attack. Those are probably unintentional, but still. If they ARE unintentional, then just work on consistency with getting out of shield to punish (wdOoS to grab/dsmash/whatever you have time for, low float aerial, etc.) If they AREN'T unintentional, then start trying to punish/get OoS in the ways I said above.

Also (more vs. fox specific), if you float off stage to try and edgeguard fox and interrupt their over-B/Up-B with nair/bair, they will be forced to drop below edge level and Up-B again. Don't be afraid to let go of your float and normal fall down to hit them with another nair/bair AS LONG AS THEY DON'T GO TOO LOW. Armada does this aaaaaaall the time. Do this especially in singles where there isn't another opponent to worry about. Peach's second jump and Up-B will get you back to the stage from pretty low. I saw a few times you didn't chase and I think you could have had a kill if you did.

But other than that, pretty good man. Keep it up!

Top Bottom