• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D - Out Now!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
After buzz for quite some time wondering if it was going to happen, not to mention hints and references here and there, Nintendo announced in a Nintendo Direct today that Majora's Mask is going to be remade for the 3DS. It's going to ship in Spring 2015.

Iwata's said that they're trying to maintain the same level of challenge of the original game while making it accessible to everyone (whatever exactly that means). Other than that, we have no indications so far of what the game might be like outside of this trailer:

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274
I can't contain myself. I will not sleep tonight xD.

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
This is such great news! I've heard so much about how good this game was. Now I can finally get my hands on it.:happysheep:

ezm1100

Smash Rookie
NNID
ezm1100
3DS FC
4313-2554-8581
FINALLY! I've been waiting for so long!

the8thark

Smash Lord
I bought this on the N64.
I own the Legend of Zelda Collectors edition for Gamecube (which I use with dolphin).
I wonder how many people will buy this a 3rd time. And lets hope this remake looks better than the Ocarina and WW remakes look. The WW remake looks much worse than the original.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It looks as good as OoT3D, at least.

The moon looks comparatively less scary to me though. That nose...

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
"Accessible to anyone" eh? I'll admit personally I think Majora's Mask is one of those games more entertaining to watch than it is to play. I bought it a long while back on the Wii Shop and I kinda dropped it around the swamp cause honestly when it comes to Zelda games I tend to just wonder about a lot.

Hopefully they don't just mean copy-paste everything OoT 3D and not build on it 'cause they probably will improve upon some things the original game kinda lacked.

Also the new details of the moon, good god that scares me more than the original did. If that's the case then Majora's Mask itself...

Arc1llusion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarfed
I'm pretty hyped for this. Majora's Mask is one of the few Zelda games I haven't played (Never got it on the n64 or the re-released one on the gamecube). When I realized Ocarina of Time was released on the 3DS I was hoping for its successor to follow.

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Although, since I didn't know much about that particular Zelda game, that trailer was really weird.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
I'm pretty hyped for this. Majora's Mask is one of the few Zelda games I haven't played (Never got it on the n64 or the re-released one on the gamecube). When I realized Ocarina of Time was released on the 3DS I was hoping for its successor to follow.

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Although, since I didn't know much about that particular Zelda game, that trailer was really weird.
This Zelda game in particular is known for its "weird" and dark story.
Incredible game though. My favorite from the series.

R0Y

Smash Master
Hopefully I'll finally beat this one now. I really enjoyed it in the GC re-release.

Arc1llusion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarfed
This Zelda game in particular is known for its "weird" and dark story.
Incredible game though. My favorite from the series.
Yeah I'm looking forward to it since it will, at least in that regard, give me an experience that I otherwise wouldn't expect. Does the game have a lot of atmosphere compared to OoT?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
YES

ALL OF MY YES EVER

I'm so happy right now. Majora's Mask has always been one of my favorite games, the one problem with it is that I have it on the Collector's Edition only, the version of which is prone to crashing randomly...

So not only will I finally be able to play it without concern of that anymore, but it'll have completely updated enhanced graphics and sound too (and a few other new features probably, that we don't know about yet) I've wanted this remake to be a thing for so long.

D

Deleted member

Finally. It was about time anyway.

I'm pretty hyped for the game, but I hope that it adds even more features than OoT 3D did. Maybe they could add in a few new moves or new masks? Maybe have a mask that makes us adult Link?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Here's a link to that gorgeous box artwork (but in full): Here!

I cannot wait for this... Majora's Mask bears the title of my most favorite world of all Zelda games.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I wonder how many people will buy this a 3rd time.
I already have it three times, lol. I already had it on Collector's Edition, got it (boxed with manual) for N64, and I had extra Wii Shop Points lying around and figured buying Majora's Mask on VC was a worthwhile way to spend them. So this will be my fourth!

Although, since I didn't know much about that particular Zelda game, that trailer was really weird.
Yeah, even being extremely familiar with the game, that trailer felt all over the place to me, and I'm honestly very confused as to the decisions they made with the trailer. It accomplished what it needed to by showcasing generally what the game will look like and by announcing the remake in any fashion, and the focus on the clocks and showing the moon was a must, but they chose some of the weirdest, least iconic music from the game. Not Clock Town or Termina Field, not any of the music from the four areas or some of the dungeon music, but the Swordsman's School music and the music from the awkward middle phase of the final boss? It's like they went out of their way to choose the weirdest things from the game.

It doesn't affect my decision to buy the game, but I don't feel like that's likely to draw in people who haven't been anxiously awaiting this.

On the subject of the moon, it's interesting to see the differing opinions on it. Personally, it seems much more overt now with the enlarged nose and more aggressive stare, but I think what made the original design so effective was that it primarily just had a dead stare.

Still, I'm really excited to hear more about what they're doing with the game and I'm so excited to get my hands on it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm kinda hoping that we get a few new features this time. Maybe we'll get a Master Quest version of MM.

Probably not, but it would be nice.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I'm kinda hoping that we get a few new features this time. Maybe we'll get a Master Quest version of MM.

Probably not, but it would be nice.
Master Quest Ocarina is just the dungeons changed but the overworld staying the same. This would not work in MM as most of the game in MM is outside the dungeons. A MQ of MM would not change much at all, only the 4 dungeons (and possibly the 4 areas on the moon). Nice but not so amazing in my opinion.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Nintendo is just :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep: Cant wait for my second favorite Zelda game. Scared the beans out of me when I was younger

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Yeah I'm looking forward to it since it will, at least in that regard, give me an experience that I otherwise wouldn't expect. Does the game have a lot of atmosphere compared to OoT?
Most definitely, you'll find it very appealing. It takes place in One town to start up with 4 gates. North, South, West, and East. Each one has a different part of land to explore. though you'll have to meet requirement to access the areas via your story progress. This game is a Masterpiece (': The whole 3 days until the Moon hits the Town and destroys the world, knowing daily that it grows bigger and bigger but find out it's getting closer to you. The game injects pressure and fear as you play. Trust me, you'll have a hella fun with this game.

finalark

SNORLAX
Master Quest Ocarina is just the dungeons changed but the overworld staying the same. This would not work in MM as most of the game in MM is outside the dungeons. A MQ of MM would not change much at all, only the 4 dungeons (and possibly the 4 areas on the moon). Nice but not so amazing in my opinion.
I'm actually okay with that. I know that a lot of people like MM for all of its side-content but I really enjoyed the dungeons and wouldn't mind having remixed versions.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Remake it in 4K or 8K in 10 years time, 4 versions ain't enough.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
I have waited for a remake of this game for so long. Majora's Mask is by far my favorite in the entire series. It received so much hate at first due to the three day timer that people just couldn't look past it and see the game for what it really is. I'm really happy that people gave it a second chance in the past few years. It's the most unique Zelda game and I wish Nintendo would have made more Zelda games that don't revolve around beating 8 dungeons, getting the Master Sword to beat Ganon and save the princess.

I really love the poster they made for the game. Here it is in high-res.

ScottPompeo

Smash Rookie
Good lord, there's so much love put into that poster. I really hope they release an official version of that poster through Club Nintendo.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
The poster comes with the Collector's Edition of the game. Except so far it's only been announced in Europe.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Last edited:

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
They are changing things but they didn't say what they are yet. Here is the quote:

Though its development began "almost immediately" after 2011's Ocarina of Time 3D remake was completed, Aonuma and the team waited to talk about Majora's Mask 3D until he could say "this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time." He added: "We've spent a lot of time making sure the gameplay experience is smoother than in the original version without taking away form this unique world."
It will probably be a port along the lines of Wind Waker HD. Bug fixes, fix some annoying things that were in the game and additional features.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
I've been anxious for a remake. It's the Zelda game that's intrigued me the most and it's also the only one from the main console-based series that I haven't played.

I already have a 3DS but I'll probably trade it in for an XL because of this.

the8thark

Smash Lord
For those who have not played MM yet, don't go into it with the mind set of a decent number of dungeons/palaces with a little in between content. That's how every TV console LoZ game is apart from MM. MM is the reverse. It's almost entirely outside dungeon content with a few short trips into the few dungeons the game has.

Don't let this turn you off though. if you come into the game with an open mind, you could be pleasantly surprised.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Stone Tower Temple Theme 2 Good

This game has very good Music

Last edited:

PonifiedBeast

Best Neighbor Ever
NNID
PonifiedBeast
3DS FC
1375-7223-5559
MM is my favourite Zelda title, so I am very excited to see it remade in its original glory.
Sadly, it won't have some awesome exploits like the orginal, but it's still amazing just the same. I'm curious if it will have some sort of Master's Quest like OoT did- would be interesting to explore something harder. Anyway, I'm fangirling too hard with this. Can't wait to finally have it. Now to playing my N64 version.

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
i'm excited for this because i never own a actual copy of this game :( (emulator for life). i'm glad fan of the series old and new could experience the superb goodness of this game. i just want to play it on my own console... like wise for OOT 3D.

Top Bottom