• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Major Change!! Rio Grande Valley Smash tournie jan 27th 2007.

tsetse

Smash Lord
RGVGAMING's L-CTB smash tounry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L-Cancel This ****** Smash Tournament

January 27th,2007 <Saturday>

12:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Doors open at noon.

TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 1:30 PM. DONT BE LATE

Days Inn Hotel
112 West Expressway 83 Raul Longoria & Hwy 83

Door Entry Fee: 2 Dollars

**IF YOU PRE-REGISTER YOU WILL BE EXEMPT FROM THIS CHARGE**

Note: Entry Fee is now for each event. No food and drink will be sold.

1 vs 1 Singles: $10

2 vs 2 Doubles: $12

For each event the prize money will be split up like this.

1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd place: 10%
House takes 140$ to pay for the hotel room.

Last time we had an amazing 40 smashers show up for Singles. Dont miss out. Rules,Directions, and the Pre-registering can be found also in this section of the forums. Help Spread the word and good luck!!!

www.rvgaming.org/forums/ pre-reg.,direction, there

Last time RGVgaming held a tournie 40+ showed up.

This time we are expecting a at least 50 people. House takes tentatively 140$ to cover the 140$ it will cost us to have the room. All money that does not go to pay the room, goes back to the winners. We should have at least tvs set up.

tsetse

Smash Lord
i mean 14. tvs set up last time we had more but i am just being conservative.

BTW we were not aware there was 2 threads about this close one please.

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
are u serious dude? u live like 22 hours from here\ or u are going to be in the area by that date?

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
McAllen, Ill change my info haha - Nin is stalking me O_O

And it seems the site for this is www.rgvgaming.org/forums/ the creator of the post forgot the'g' in the middle of the r and v hah.

Also, since I have moved down here me and 3 others have smashfests on a weekly basis, if you are intrested in coming to them - message me or let me know to start a new valley thread or something.

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
we are gonna have smash at fros today at 6 if you would like to come get on the messenger and i can tell u where he lives

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I will come if you guys are still playing before 4am and you can get a hold of me on AIM or MSN hah.

If you guys want go ahead and call me 970-903-9553, its out of state though I haven't switched it over quite yet. The name is Jordan.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Ok so I take it once again out of towners are gonna sit this one out oh well. Its easy money most any of the good players in the top 10 from up state could show up and win this. Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus CC may not show up since they are prolly going to smiles tourney on the same day. So that opens it up to anyone good enough to show up and play.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
You should charge more for the entry fee and not exempt people from paying...$140 is a lot of money to take from the pot...I know you need to pay for the hotel, but 1st place should actually be worthwhile..

Smiles' tournament is the 27th, not the 20th

Cave, rob, zulu, smiles, and I will most likely come...About how much do you think the prize money will be?

cant wait

tsetse

Smash Lord
Well there has been a Major change to this tournie here. The date has been moved from Jan the 20th to jan the 27th. Valley Crew is not running this tournie it is Being run by a Group of Halo Players called RGVgaming. Only one of their guys plays smash. They ran the last tourney and it ran pretty smooth. I just recently found out about the date change myself. I can still house whoever wants to come over to the tournie but its up to you guys since the date has been changed. Sorry bout the late notice. Also we completely understand if you all choose to go to smiles tournie. No hard feelings Peace and God Bless.

tsetse

Smash Lord
As far as prize money goes I dont know since i am not organizing this thing here so i really don't know. Best place to ask is at www.rgvgaming.org just go to the forums and ask sorry. The valley crew forums are forums.rgvsmash.com

forkgirl

Smash Lord
ah. well dang, we really wanted to come on the 20th. But we've been planning to go to Smiles' tourney for a long time now. I think I'm even helping out with it. Next time you guys throw a tournament, we'll try to make it.

tsetse

Smash Lord
i mean 14. tvs set up last time we had more but i am just being conservative.

BTW we were not aware there was 2 threads about this close one please.
Quoted myself cool. I had asked that this be closed a while back so its up to you guys but, kev had not updated his in a while so you can close that one. :)

tsetse

Smash Lord
Since Riceburner may be postponed then you guys may be able to make it to the valley then. Just a thought.

Top Bottom