• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mains

D

Deleted member

First off, welcome to Smashboards!

Why I main Zelda, ill keep it simple. I love her, ive been a fan of the Zelda series, so being able to play her instead of just Link is really cool. I like her for moveset as well, just simple, easy and what im used to dispite what people say. And I like being different.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I’ll main Ken because I’m a die-hard Street Fighter fan and he looks really fun to use. He’s not my favorite SF character, but he’s still awesome nonetheless.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I main Ness because I love using his PK Fire and PK Thunder as zoning tools, with his forward smash and back throw being excellent stock-closers after enough damage has been racked up. Having PSI Magnet for healing in certain matchups is also great, considering my preference for defensive play.

Also, I think this thread may be redundant.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I main Robin. I'll spare you the expense of having to listen to me rabble on about my whole life history leading up to why I like him, so I'll make this one brief.

Basically, I've always had some sort of fixation for self-inserts/customizable characters in RPGs. They're supposed to be the player, and you're supposed to make them resemble yourself, but I choose not to do that. Instead, I leave everything as default (and/or as canon as possible) and play as who they really are. It isn't really my own story, but rather theirs. I still get the experience of immersing myself within the world and game by adopting the character's mindset—I see myself as them, rather than seeing them as a projection of myself.

Robin was a bit different—he already had a lot of pre-determined personality and character traits for someone who was meant to be the player and nothing more. But these traits were admirable to me. And I wanted to be just like him—well-liked, intelligent, ingenious, calm, cool, and collected, charismatic, insightful, witty, and so on. He's pretty much the person I dream of being. I've mained him ever since Smash 4, and I'll continue to main him in whichever future Smash game he's in.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing—I'm not really too good in translating my thoughts and feelings to words. That's pretty much the best way I can explain my obsession of Robin for now.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I man King Dedede because literally no one knows the matchups, his entire playstyle is to annoy the crap out of your opponent, and M E M E S.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Welcome to SmashBoards. The little icons under people's names are usually a good indicator of a person's mains.

I main Zero Suit Samus in Brawl and Smash 4 because hit-stun is a horrible, overrated mechanic that needs to stop being in fighting games and I will not rest until you all know my torment. :mad:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
:ultkrool:

My avatar explains why. I love crocodiles and they're my favorite animals. Reptiles are also my favorite group as well.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
If we're picking a single main, :ultridley:, because I've always been a huge fan of Metroid ever since I played Zero Mission and it always felt like a disservice to the franchise to just have Samus and "vulnerable in her games but not so in Smash for some reason" Samus. Ridley's reveal was the best thing I could have asked for and seeing the love in his alts and just overall appearance (plus that side b is absolutely brutal I love it) made me immediately decide I'd take him for the Ultimate spin. Definitely helps already that in previous Smash games I'd main heavyweight villains so his moveset won't be comparatively as hard to get used to as say someone like :ultsheik: or :ultduckhunt:. If we're talking multiple though pretty much every newcomer except :ultdaisy:,:ultken:, and :ultchrom: will definitely be on the "to attempt to get good at" block alongside my Brawl babies of :ultsnake:, :ultwolf:, and :ulticeclimbers:, and also pretty much all the big heavyweight boys, gonna have a lot of fun with them I'm certain.

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
I main :falcomelee: as he's the character I excel with and he's exceedingly fun to play as. I also enjoy :foxmelee: and :jigglypuffmelee: but stick to Falco mainly to remain consistent.

In Ultimate I plan to main:ultyounglink: as I just love that speedy little swordsman, however I won't find a true main until I've played a whole lot.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
:ultjigglypuff: Really fun to troll with, it's always fun to get some kills with the rest.

:ultdiddy: This cutie pie has a very fun move set that fills me with excitement.

:ultwolf: Has a badass feral move set and I love his smooth voice.

:ultvillager: A trouble maker with an unorthodox fighting style that always cracks me up.

:ultbowserjr: I'm a big fan of the Koopalings and they fight like Dr. Robotnik.

:ultisabelle: Another delightful doll who's truly just as dangerous as her friends.

:ultluigi::ultmario: These are the ones I started out with in Smash plus I love their purple alt color.

Peachach

Smash Cadet
I main Peach, because her versatility is just right up my alley. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Look at my lazily shopped together profile picture and take a guess on the 5 I plan to main.
Really nothing is set in stone but from what I've seen I'll probably end up liking the play style of these 5 the most. I already know I like Mega Man and Shulk from 4, I mained Ice Climbers from Melee to PM but it's been years so I'll probably be really rusty with them. Richter and Inkling just look really fun to me, not too much thought other than them being my favorite newcomers. Ken might be in there someday? I love Ken but I'm not sure how well his commands will work in Smash so I'm just putting him as a secondary until further notice.

Top Bottom