• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mains/Secondaries/Backups

VideoCupcakes

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is in the right section. And if its not, I am sorry.

Anyways lets to to the point.
Here post who you main. But please don't tell us this. I main Wolf(i don't main wolf).
Tell us why you main this certain character.

Mains:
I seriously have had Brawl since the day it came out, but I haven't decided on a main. I want two, but I only have one. My one right now is Luigi. I chose Luigi, because he has some good moves. He has a little bit of a power game.(B and Over) But I see him more as all around. He is quick. And I chose him, because his moves are good. They do a fair amount of damage.I also love negative zone. IMO it has to be one of the best FS, in the game.

The rules differ a little here. Post who are you secondaries and why, don't go into much detail though.

Secondaries:
Wario. I use Wario as a secondary, because hes fun to use, and he has a good power game and hes not that slow. His moves deal a good amount of damage aswell to. But hes just fun to be.

And for the backups, you can just state them, no need to get into detail.

Backups:
Falco
Zelda/Sheik
Peach. I will go into a little bit here. Its fun to beat your friends with the princess. Right?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I main King Dedede.

Also, the list goes:

Mains/Secondaries/Alts/Backups/Fun Low Tiers/Secret Weapons/Counter Picks

That list goes for stages as well.

I main Norfair.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
SSB:

Kirby- I started playing as Kirby in the first tournament I went to. I was kicking *** with Samus. Then I reached the finals and went up against a Kirby player. I chose Kirby as well for some reason. I lost that match, but barely. I went back to Samus and beat the other guy twice for the tourney win. But ever since then, I wanted to play Kirby. At the time I liked his multiple midair jumps and his down B...

Samus- Samus was my first main. I don't recall why I chose her. I guess I was checking out some of the characters and decided that Samus was a good fit for me. I also liked the Charge Beam.

SSBM:

Fox- I love Star Fox so I thought Fox would be a fitting character. Finding out that I could learn a variety of advanced techniques both in general and specific to Fox only gave me more motivation to develop my competitive Fox.

Mewtwo- He's my favorite Pokemon. I worked hard to get my Mewtwo to a highly competitive level. I don't trust him as much as my Fox, but I've been known to win some small-mid sized tourneys with Mewtwo.

SSBB:

Meta Knight- I picked him because he was top tier. I'll admit it. It was the first time I picked a character based only on their tier positioning. In SSB and SSBM, I just so happened to pick the best and worst characters according to the tier list. Meta Knight was an intentional pick.

Wolf- I was pretty upset that Mewtwo was taken out of the game, so I looked for a 2nd main. I knew that I like wolves in general, and I thought Wolf was a cool character from Star Fox, and I liked Star Fox as a series, so I just went with Wolf. Took some time to warm up to him.

Fox- Well, Fox carried over from SSBM.

Falco- Just wanted to finish up the three space animals. I'm still working on Falco but I feel pretty comfortable with him. Meta Knight, Wolf, and Fox are my three tournament level mains, but Falco is getting there.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I only play SSB64 on emulator against the computer but my main is Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. I don't have a main in melee because I've only played it about 10 times but my mains in Brawl are Donkey Kong, Falco and King Dedede.

:dk2:/:falco::dedede:/:wario:/:lucario:/:ganondorf::falcon::pt::jigglypuff:/:gw::shiek::toonlink:/none

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I only play SSB64 on emulator against the computer but my main is Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. I don't have a main in melee because I've only played it about 10 times but my mains in Brawl are Donkey Kong, Falco and King Dedede.

:dk2:/:falco::dedede:/:wario:/:lucario:/:ganondorf::falcon::pt::jigglypuff:/:gw::shiek::toonlink:/none
You sure have a lot of characters that you play with.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi: Played him ever since 64. I was known in my tiny little hometown to have the best melee Luigi out there, but sadly I never got into competetive melee. I would have been crushed emotionally had I though, so its probably a good thing :D I now play Luigi in brawl competetively, and have been getting a lot better, a lot faster than melee. Primarily because I'm getting some decent chances to play against good people this time.

Jiggs: Has always been my second. Clefable was my favorite pokemon as a kid... so jiggs was the closest thing, hah. I dropped Jiggs in brawl because she is just so bad. It was a very sad day.

PND

Smash Champion
Main: Snake
Dude's a tank. He fits my playstyle (defensive stage control and zoning) and he's awesome. Plus he beats MKs and G&Ws. I played him since Brawl was released, but only recently have I played him competitively.

Secondary: Falco
To deal with DeDeDe's, ROB's, and other bad Snake matchups. Plus Falco was always my favorite StarFox character.

Back ups:
Wario, DK, Jiggs, Captain Falcon

There's rarely competitive advantage in picking the latter two. However there is definite lulz advantage. Wario and DK just help me against certain characters I have a tough time with or they'll mix things up if I'm doing terribad in a certain matchup.

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet
Main: Ice Climbers because I love their diversity with desynching.
MK because he's fun, although I might drop him if he gets banned. Otherwise he's good and I'm going to continue using him because gimping is too much fun, and my friend absolutely cannot deal with him, so I get to screw around a bit.

Secondary:
Dedede: Fun character, waddle dees are too good
Falco: CG and SHDL are too good. I really love comboing with him, somehow it manages to work out.
Pikachu: Anti-camp, really.

I look like I tier **** now. :(

Mith_

Smash Champion
You sure have a lot of characters that you play with.
Well, those are the characters I can say that I have a good knowledge of and can show that when I play with them. Like I said I am best with :dk2: :falco: and :dedede:, the others I could play with well but I wouldn't join a tourney with them :p.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Well, those are the characters I can say that I have a good knowledge of and can show that when I play with them. Like I said I am best with :dk2: :falco: and :dedede:, the others I could play with well but I wouldn't join a tourney with them :p.

Ah I see. Even so, there are some characters I never touch unless I'm playing randoms. I usually only stick to a few characters.

ZeroSuitX

Smash Cadet
SB64
Main- Kirby
Secondary- Weegee
Backups- Mario, yoshi

SSBM
Main- falco
secondary- fox
backups- Young link, and Link

SSBB-
Main- oli
secondary - PT
Backups- Marth, and kirby

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
Main : Electric death rat
Reason: Electricity Is Hot...(no really it is)
Things that Spin are cool (pikachu Realizes this and spins as often as possible)
The most annoying thing in the world to fight against "pika pika"
and just plain <3 able
Secondary...Jigglypuff,Fox,falco,Rob

Top Bottom