• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mains/Favorites

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
Now that the game is released, has your main changed? Has your old main gotten better/worse? Is a newcomer your new main? Right now, Ness is still one of mine, now with Lucario, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
the game relases in few days in europe,but my main are shulk in this moment.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My mains are in my signature below. Some I will use them in the 3DS version while some are for the Wii U.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Despite my sig, Rosalina did end up as my 3DS main too more or less, and she'll probably still be on Wii U.

However, I am excited to play more Sonic, as I can't use him as well on 3DS. I'll try fit in more Mega Man and Duck Hunt Duo time too, pretty soon.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
:4wario2: is still my main like brawl but :4duckhunt:, :4wiifit: and :4bowserjr:(:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:) are my new mains. :4jigglypuff: and :4gaw: I'm not certain yet but :4rob: and :4luigi: are still my secondaries.

EDIT: Dropped :4dedede: because he's not as good as he was in brawl.

Last edited:

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
I still main :4falcon: but i am liking :4diddy: and :4ganondorf: a lot more on the wii u, probably my secondary mains. Also find myself using :4megaman: and :4dedede: a lot more, they are a lot of fun

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Pikachu forever for me <3

Sonic is still my runner-up :^)

However, everything else after that was changed up a bit. 3DS I used Dark Pit, Toon Link, Ike and Greninja as secondaries with Pac-Man, Falco, Meta Knight and Mega Man as roundabouts.

Wii U I use Toon Link, Rosalina & Luma, Dark Pit and Greninja as secondaries with Mega Man, Meta Knight, Falco and Lucina as roundabouts. Rosalina became a favorite due to a waifu wars style Smash match xD, and I got to liking using Toon Link, Mega Man, and Meta Knight more through being able to use a Pro Controller.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't have a main yet. I have a "problem" that my main and secondaries need to be cohesive with each other, which makes choosing them complicated. lol

That said, I played Pikachu in all previous Smashes and I actually trying to not play him for once. Go away, Pikachu!

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Kind of playing with everyone right now but do enjoy using Duck Hunt, Robin, and Ike a bit more.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I wouldn't know because my mains are gone.

I also liked ROB and Olimar in Brawl, so I'll comment on those. ROB is good still, new final smash not as good but otherwise he's fine. Olimar is pretty nerfed. Up air and up b now blow, really makes me sad

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
As I predicted, my main is Dark Pit/Pit. My other mains are Sonic, Link, and Mega Man.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I jump around a lot. Too much, probably. Ness, Megaman, Pit, Shulk, Jiggly Puff, Bowser, Link, Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac get the most play time (in roughly that order.)

I should focus on 1 or 2 to really up my game, but this Smash seems to be more match up focused then previous entries, so being decent with a handful of characters is probably a good thing.

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
This is my first smash game. I have to go with Mario and Toon Link. Although I really enjoy Bowser and Dk too.

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
I am loving little mac right now but he's kinda slippery so my spacing game needs some work.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I love :4pacman:, just like I figured I would.
:rosalina: I haven't had much time with but so far isn't as fun as I figured, lol.
:4duckhunt: is SO, SO fun to mess around with.
and :4sonic: I knew I'd like more this time around but had no idea it'd be so much--
He's by far my main, right now.

My worst is :4charizard:, I went through like 4 continues on Classic... yeah.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
At first I already knew that Peach would be my main... then I got the 3DS version and played almost exclusively with her.
Then I started picking up Rosalina... and I found her so fun that I questioned if Peach would remain my main... but then I got the Wii U version and Peach is who I play as like, 97% of the time... I tried out Rosalina in the Wii U version and don't like her as much for some reason, whereas I enjoy playing as Peach even more... I also enjoy playing as Palutena more in the Wii U version for some reason...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I main :4drmario: since Melee and he's still as awesome as before.
Then I main :4littlemac: for his power and unique gameplay.
I finally main :4luigi: for the fun of it.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I love :4pacman:, just like I figured I would.
:rosalina: I haven't had much time with but so far isn't as fun as I figured, lol.
:4duckhunt: is SO, SO fun to mess around with.
and :4sonic: I knew I'd like more this time around but had no idea it'd be so much--
He's by far my main, right now.

My worst is :4charizard:, I went through like 4 continues on Classic... yeah.
He's been nerfed so bad. His down b was his best move in Brawl

ScionVyse

Smash Rookie
NNID
ScionVyse
Edit: Whoops, misread the topic.

Shulk is my main. Ike was in Brawl, but I'm a huge Xenoblade fanboy, so I had to main him.

Last edited:

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Mario and Lugi like in smash 64. In melee and brawl I main marth but he is so damn slow with his attacks in this version he feels unplayable, combined with the fact that if you hit the enemy shield they are 99% of the time going to grab you.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I liked both Mario and Sonic back in Brawl but switched over to Shulk once Sm4sh released. Helping Shulk as sub-mains are Mega Man and Robin.

Sketch

Smash Cadet
Mario and Lugi like in smash 64. In melee and brawl I main marth but he is so damn slow with his attacks in this version he feels unplayable, combined with the fact that if you hit the enemy shield they are 99% of the time going to grab you.
But the awesome thing about marth is tipper fsmashes kill at like 65% on some characters its insane.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
But the awesome thing about marth is tipper fsmashes kill at like 65% on some characters its insane.
Yeah, I calmed down over my Italian hot blooded-ness and played a bit more of Marth. Once you forget how to play Marth in melee and forget how to play Marth in brawl you can learn how to play Marth in Smash 4, and it is glorious. Tipper life, yo!

Khao

Smash Lord
You mean mains compared to Brawl or to 3DS?

Compared to Brawl, I've moved away from Toon Link, he just doesn't feel as good anymore. His dair no longer bounces, his bair was completely ruined, can't arrow cancel anymore... I just don't really like him anymore.

I started playing a lot of Marth ever since the 3DS version came out. I never expected to main him, dude was always one of those characters I enjoyed a lot but didn't use all that often, but now I can't get enough of Marth, I even got his amiibo and everything.

I'm also loving Mega Man, his moveset is super unique, refreshing, and extremely fun to use.

Also, Pit. I liked him in Brawl, but not too much. Every single one of the changes he got, though, made him incredibly more enjoyable.

Little Mac is a lot of fun too, but people complain so ****ing much about him that it kinda spoils the experience. Still play as him, but I wish everyone would just shut the **** up about it.

Also Link is awesome now. I'm not playing him all that often for whatever reason, but he's been massively improved.

Koggy

Yoshi Adept
:4yoshi: - Obviously. Always loved Yoshi as a character, for some reason I then limited myself to playing only Yoshi until I got good... was a very long time before I was good enough to beat my friends.
:4pikachu:- Combos are really fun to land, and really rewarding air moves.
:4charizard: - My main Powerhouse. Really good in 2v2 online matches.
:4duckhunt: - When in doubt, pick Duck Hunt Dog.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina: Well, after I read her storybook for the first time when I played Super Mario Galaxy, I suddenly grew attached to her and she literally then became my all time favorite Mario character ever and since Mario Kart Wii, she's been the only character I ever played as. And for this game, she'll be the only Mario rep I'll ever main as.
:4megaman: Even though I've never played any of his games before, I knew then that he was gonna be one of my mains and I absolutely had a blast playing as him. And that final smash though.
:4link: Been a huge fan of the Zelda games after I played my first game in the series, which was Twilight Princess, although I've mained him since the original Smash Bros. in which at the time I didn't even know anything about the Zelda games. I absolutely loved his playstyle back then and even now he never disappoint.
:4myfriends: I was never really into him in Brawl, or Fire Emblem in general, but after I played my first Fire Emblem game (I'll get to that in a moment) I decided to give him a try and I gotta say he really started to grow on me and since then he's been one of my best characters along with :link2:,:luigi2:,:snake: and :zelda:. I also gave :marth:a try but he didn't seem to work well for me though. Even though he seemed to have nerfed in this game, it didn't stop me from using him.
:4lucina: Fire Emblem: Awakening (the first game in the series I mentioned before) was perhaps the greatest 3DS game I've ever played and I absolutely enjoyed it so much; such an amazing story, memorable characters and a breathtaking soundtrack. Since then she and Chrom (I would be satisfied with either one of them) would became one of my most wanted newcomers (next to Rosalina) and when she was confirmed, I knew she would definitely be one of my mains in the game. I actually find her easier to use than her 3,000 year-old descendant.

Last edited:

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
Ok my new main is duck hunt dog his spacing game is amazing and it easy to set up for some good smashes.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:4mario: has been one of my mains since the very first game and this game is no different. I stuck with Mario even when he was garbage in Brawl and now that he's arguably even better than his Melee incarnation, I'll definitely be sticking with him.

:4villager:is someone I got into thanks to the Creepy Villager meme. Now that the games are actually out, I'm just a huge fan of all the different tricks he has.

:4wiifit:is someone I'm strangely attached to and I think it's because so many people have blown off the character. I think she has a lot of potential and I'd like to see how she develops in competitive play.

These three are pretty much my mains right now. I also dabble a lot with :4iggy:,:4dedede: (Brawl secondary):4fox:(N64/Melee main), :4megaman:,:4ness:(Melee/Brawl main), :4palutena:, :4wario: (Brawl main).

SilverOne777

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverSlaughter
My main is definitely link, followed closely by ike, and thinking robin as well.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Peach, Zelda, and Rosalina all day : ) however, I still like to use Meta Knight, Dedede, and Bowser Jr. for secondaries.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I have invested 300 h of play time with Jigglypuff in Smash 4. She has a special place in my heart, I am also quite biased. Because I have many personal reasons why I love her so much!!! She will always be my main. But the character I am liking the most in Smash 4 outside of Jigglypuff is actually :4shulk:! I have played about 30 h as him. He is my alt and I like him a lot! But he will never, and I repeat NEVER replace Jigglypuff!

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
My mains in Brawl were Wolf, Meta Knight, and Lucario.

I stayed away from Meta Knight in any competitive setting just because I felt it was good sportsmanship basically.

Now I can play him freely, though I'm still adjusting to his nerfs.

Losing Wolf blows. I'm hoping for that DLC.

My mains in Smash 4 are Greninja, Meta Knight, and Lucario still.

Top Bottom