• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maining characters because of Fanboy/girlism or playstyle in Brawl?

LegendofJBC

Smash Rookie
In ssb64 my main was DK cause he was so **** cheap lol, then a tie between samus and fox.

In melee i was Mr. Game & Watch (i never played his games but i know very well who he is). Then sheik and mario were fallback characters

BRAWL: Mr. Game & Watch!!! No fanboyness i just like how **** weird he is and super 2d. I like everything that goofy-*** character does in melee and he won me over. He is my favorite character in the nintendo world simply by how they recreated him in melee lmao. GAME & WATCH WILL LIVE FOREVER (bell riiiiiiiiiiiiiiings)

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no one (that i've seen so far) has posted anything im about to post

In both melee and 64, i found my main AFTER playing, not before. I found my emotional attachment during the game, not from the character's previous games and not going on who is top tier. For example i dont even find Fox very cool, but for some reason he came out as my main in N64 and partially in Melee.. Everyone should find their emotional attachment in the game they are playing (smash bros) not by character's previous games... that way you give every character a chance! and who knows - maybe a character you never thought you'd like will end up being your main and/or favorite

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Back when I had Yellow Version for GBC, I would always dream of doing actual fighting instead of taking turns between players, so when I saw Pokemon Trainer as a character... <3

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
mario sonic link because im a fan marth and samaus because i think theyre cool and like how they play

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont see how people can like playing characters because theyre fans... i mean some characters just arent fun to play, It's all about having fun with the playstyle I say.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I guess I am guilty of maining, because of playstyle. That's why I use Marth. I don't really like him as a character, but I like how he handles.

But, if Claus is in the game, I will be maining for both most likely. I love Mother and Claus will have a beamsword which would appeal to my playstyle.

Top Bottom