• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

> > MaGM3 - A tournament series! Now with twice the Hobbes! [Postponed!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sorry, everyone with custom titles is banned. ;)

Yeah, I'm just kidding.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, Ugg. He has bucket braking.
Bucket brakng is banned.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I meant 'Top Tier' as in being at the very top. I didn't think the 'A' tier would correlate with 'Top', considering Top is on the premier tier, whilst 'A' is the third tier, even though the SS & S tiers only have one character apiece. >_> They should really go back to the old way of doing it, with Top, High, Mid, Low, Bottom. Twould be a lot easier, or so I would be inclined to think. Maybe I'm just old school like that though.

Ugg

Smash Champion
I meant 'Top Tier' as in being at the very top. I didn't think the 'A' tier would correlate with 'Top', considering Top is on the premier tier, whilst 'A' is the third tier, even though the SS & S tiers only have one character apiece. >_> They should really go back to the old way of doing it, with Top, High, Mid, Low, Bottom. Twould be a lot easier, or so I would be inclined to think. Maybe I'm just old school like that though.
Either way, he wouldn't take Metaknight's place. ;]

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Maybe so. I am still unfamiliar with how & why everyone is ranked how they are. All I've noticed is that when playing computer characters, I tend to have a harder time with Game & Watch, more so than anyone else. Zelda too always gives me problems. And that's just the CPU too. >_>

Even so, I like to avoid using higher tiered characters so when I lose it isn't an upset. xD

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe so. I am still unfamiliar with how & why everyone is ranked how they are. All I've noticed is that when playing computer characters, I tend to have a harder time with Game & Watch, more so than anyone else. Zelda too always gives me problems. And that's just the CPU too. >_>

Even so, I like to avoid using higher tiered characters so when I lose it isn't an upset. xD
Luigi would be top tier if we were talking about the best computers.
Tier lists are based off of tourney placings, which Meta Knight has 4 times as many wins as the 5 characters under him.

Low tier characters give me an excuse for losing. :bee:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We have enough Links.
Link is just awful. :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Luigi and Peach are equally good, but Luigi has the lolcomboes.
Peach is just... the Snake of CPU's.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Luigi would be top tier if we were talking about the best computers.
Tier lists are based off of tourney placings, which Meta Knight has 4 times as many wins as the 5 characters under him.

Low tier characters give me an excuse for losing. :bee:
As long as all those wins aren't from the same person, then it becomes fair. Which I'm to assume it is, considering Smash is so often played everywhere.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
As long as all those wins aren't from the same person, then it becomes fair. Which I'm to assume it is, considering Smash is so often played everywhere.
There's about 3 times as many Meta Knight mains in tournaments as there are anywhere else.
It's insanely unfair.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
cba is the coolest person any of us have ever met.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
There's about 3 times as many Meta Knight mains in tournaments as there are anywhere else.
It's insanely unfair.
It's because people want to win, & they see him alone atop the SS Tier with a perfect score, yeah, he's going to look very appealing. People should be more original & use lower tier characters. Smash is supposed to be fun, some people take the competitive aspect of it too seriously.

Competitive Pokemon sucks since there are about 20 pokemon who are usable. All the other ones are outclassed by those 20, & thus inferior to use, & being that many don't want to lose, they will use the best. This causes the less often used pokemon to stray further & further away until they are nothing but a distant memory.

People should be more original. Although since I've been coming here, I haven't seen too many people playing Meta-Knight.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I didn't want to make you feel bad because nobody pays attention to you. :(

Ugg

Smash Champion
It's because people want to win, & they see him alone atop the SS Tier with a perfect score, yeah, he's going to look very appealing. People should be more original & use lower tier characters. Smash is supposed to be fun, some people take the competitive aspect of it too seriously.

Competitive Pokemon sucks since there are about 20 pokemon who are usable. All the other ones are outclassed by those 20, & thus inferior to use, & being that many don't want to lose, they will use the best. This causes the less often used pokemon to stray further & further away until they are nothing but a distant memory.

People should be more original. Although since I've been coming here, I haven't seen too many people playing Meta-Knight.
Competitive OU play has around 100 viable Pokemon, UU over 200. Ubers is the only one with about 30.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I only play competitive Yellow version, like all pros, so I wouldn't know.

cba

Smash Master
♪..Everything you own in the box to the left...♪

And Srraked, Beyoncé = Brawler Fiancé.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
♪..Everything you own in the box to the left...♪

And Srraked, Beyoncé = Brawler Fiancé.
I didn't quite catch that. :(