• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magic Spells - Zelda Metagame and Technique Thread

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Magic Spells - Zelda Metagame and Technique Thread

Welcome Sistrens, this is the metagame and technique thread. This is where we'll talk about Zelda's metagame and keep track of her ATs and advancements.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Never have I seen a thread that captures the spirit of Smash Zelda quite like this one 10/10 would read again

This is kinda depressing and at the same time, really funny

I think talking about the Phantom may spark some discussion here. I think

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Advanced Techniques
- If you press A while shielding, Zelda will grab!

- Try aiming Farore's Wind at the edge. If you do this right, Zelda will magically appear on the edge of the stage!

- If you get good enough, you can combo Din's Fire into Farore's Wind for tons of damage!

- Peach may have a 1/256 chance of pulling a Bob-omb, but Zelda has a 1/2 chance of having opponents fall out of Fsmash. Use this to your advantage!

- Did you know that Zelda was massively buffed in this game? To illustrate the buffed version of Zelda, Nintendo added a companion and named her new model "Rosalina & Luma"

I'll get back to you when I discover more.

Last edited:

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
LMAO i've mained her since melee days and I'm not even offended xD this made me laugh as soon as I saw the second post

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Rickster Rickster hey can yew post what yew found about dins fire and the first hit of nair.
Gonna tag @Mocha in this since she helped with discovering this stuff too. :bluejump:

If you short hop air dodge (SHAD) then nair, you always get the first hit that pops them up a little. You don't have to SHAD it, but it takes away the timing of the Nair. Works best on tall characters, but you can get small ones too if you space it right. The pop up can lead into things like:
Jab
Up-Angled Ftilt
Utilt
Usmash
SH Nair
SH Bair
SH Fair
SH Dair
SH Uair (untested but maybe on bigger chars)
Elevator
Nayru's
Phantom (completely impractical but it's there, lol)
Grab
---------------
Din's Fire just got worse. Turns out it clanks with Zelda's own:
Fair*
Bair*
Dair*
Dtilt
Dsmash
Phantom's Attack
Farore's Reappear
Farore's Disappear (untested, but I bet it can, since this clanks with some other moves)

* Not sure on the specifics, but it looks like you sorta have to....sweetspot the explosion? Dair is the most reliable, and it covers all around Zelda, unlike the other moves.

Weeeee Zelda can now no longer camp herself. :awesome:

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Would Zelda be better in this game if using Nayru's love caused her to be trapped in a Crystal for all eternity?

#smashbrothersistheprequeltolinktothepast

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Me too, but i need to work on it a lot more. It could be one of the hardest AT to do, even PP and JCGT is a piece of cake in comparison.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ Macchiato Macchiato
Here's a bad example of teleport cancelling
I hope you can at least get an idea of how it helps her movement and options on getting back to stage

Oh I forgot to show it in the video but
You can also teleport cancel from the very edge of the top platform to one of the middle platforms. Like if you want to teleport cancel onto the right platform, you stand at the left side of the top one. The angle you press to do it is kind of weird but you get used to it eventually

Last edited by a moderator:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Glad to see this thread developing as much as Zelda's meta.

Top Bottom