• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
kinda sounds like the killing game idea i brought up awhile ago with the trials systems lol

or at least thats where my head goes to off the top of it
Less trial, more duel. What's a Star Wars game without lightsabers?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
in other words basically, its one on one instead of one vs everyone

if ya want some help or a co-host i'm offering :V

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
in other words basically, its one on one instead of one vs everyone

if ya want some help or a co-host i'm offering :V
It's still town v. mafia, still one team vs the other, but nightkills are a bit more involved than usual.

I'd take you up on the offer but I've already got Shish co-hosting this one.

I've got lots of ideas for future games, tho.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
It's still town v. mafia, still one team vs the other, but nightkills are a bit more involved than usual.
oh i know that, i was just simply saying that instead of my trials its instead duels which are the main gimmick

thats just all~
I'd take you up on the offer but I've already got Shish co-hosting this one.

I've got lots of ideas for future games, tho.
ah no problem~

also funny to mention as unless i just haven't been informed otherwise i believe i'm co-hosting shishes games lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True but Town would be able to get clued in eventually of who could possibly be the root scum of the game. And if one townie happens to be cured by another townie with healing PR's they would be able to spill the beans and out the root scum of the game.

I think it's interesting if nothing else. Of course I would have to talk to some veteran Mafia players to change certain things and make the game more feasible.

Yeah the root scum would have no faction kill. All he can do is infect a member of town to join his ranks. Said scum would also be able to do that once per night.

I kinda understand what you're saying about infected townies being able to recruit being broken but I feel if only the root scum was able to recruit then the game would take a long time to finish lol. But I think you might be right about this.

I was thinking more among the lines of "root scum who infects (or brainwashes in a way)" Town and they become his/her servants until Town lynches/kills the root scum which in turn heals the infected townies and ends the game.

Ideally I would want all townies to have one power (even if they're very underpowered) as a offensive/defensive measure against Mafia in the game.

But yeah as I said i'm only in the thinking stages for this Mafia game. I'm open to any kind of feedback you guys have.
Also I want to add on to my idea that Town would have the choice to either kill a suspicious Mafia player or heal them (the ones with healing PR's only of course).

If they opt to kill, said player provided they're infected would be removed from the game and obviously won't reveal who the root scum is. Likewise, If they opt to heal, said player would spill the beans on who's the root scum of the game and Town would auto-win as a result.

Of course if Town healed a townie that wasn't infected then nothing would happen. But said townie could always be infected later in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also I want to add on to my idea that Town would have the choice to either kill a suspicious Mafia player or heal them (the ones with healing PR's only of course).

If they opt to kill, said player provided they're infected would be removed from the game and obviously won't reveal who the root scum is. Likewise, If they opt to heal, said player would spill the beans on who's the root scum of the game and Town would auto-win as a result.

Of course if Town healed a townie that wasn't infected then nothing would happen. But said townie could always be infected later in the game.
I think any alignment changers to the informed minority won't work. It's just not fun to either side to have someone just reveal everything. An infected player could also just ask to be healed and then immediatelly out the leader on the next Day. It just creates an element that's not fun to play with.

D

Deleted member

Well....
This is going to be something.
Later, I will make the signups thread.
We will remind you all when roles are ready.

Just in case you all forgot, game starts at

6:00 PM ET at June 20th, 2018.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Sign me up for...

PHOENIX

WRIGHT

MAFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:)
I JUST SAW THIS. If you don't have a co-host, I'd love to help (I used to be called Apollo Justice for a reason hahaha), though I'm used to the NZ rules so I don't know what you have in mind with it. Either way, consider the offer, though right now I have to focus on getting Mario Mafia ready.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I JUST SAW THIS. If you don't have a co-host, I'd love to help (I used to be called Apollo Justice for a reason hahaha), though I'm used to the NZ rules so I don't know what you have in mind with it. Either way, consider the offer, though right now I have to focus on getting Mario Mafia ready.
I'll run it by you and try to sort out the rules and finer details so that I can ensure the game is tailored to NZ tastes. I'm at the back of the line though, so it'll be a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For future reference, if anyone, especially the DGamers, wants to host a more traditional Mafia game, there's no problem in doing so. The rules would leave very clear what type of game it is and people could just choose by themselves what kind of vames they want to join

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
as shish said, by all means, do so if ya guys want to

its your community and forum as well neighbors

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
After Shiny's game is done I'm planning on hosting a more traditional style mafia game. Already got a few things laid out for it like flavor, playercount, and etc. I'll probably make a thread for it once I finished up the details, but as I said, I'd rather be done with the game I'm in. Stay tuned if interested.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
After Shiny's game is done I'm planning on hosting a more traditional style mafia game. Already got a few things laid out for it like flavor, playercount, and etc. I'll probably make a thread for it once I finished up the details, but as I said, I'd rather be done with the game I'm in. Stay tuned if interested.
hate to break it to ya but we Nzers got a queue here

its not like "oh this person goes next then this person" type, but it is a list of whos got their games ready or preparing and ****

i beleive i know that theres three people with prepared games after shiny that have been waiting, and theres whites throne of mafia thats been waiting forever

and we only run one game at a time to avoid headaches and stuff

so after shinys game best to talk with the others who are in the prepared queue that have their games ready and decide whos game would be going next, thats pretty much how we do things, flexible and editable :V

BarDulL

Town Vampire
hate to break it to ya but we Nzers got a queue here

its not like "oh this person goes next then this person" type, but it is a list of whos got their games ready or preparing and ****

i beleive i know that theres three people with prepared games after shiny that have been waiting, and theres whites throne of mafia thats been waiting forever

and we only run one game at a time to avoid headaches and stuff

so after shinys game best to talk with the others who are in the prepared queue that have their games ready and decide whos game would be going next, thats pretty much how we do things, flexible and editable :V
At this point, people are not required to abide by the NintenZone queue, Natz~. They can advertise anywhere in Decisive Games if they so wish barring extreme cases of spam. Those are the current rules that have been set out, not of my volition, but of the entire Decisive Games forum.

That is why I suggested reinstating the queue and adopting the NZone queue as the official queue. Perhaps vaanrose vaanrose now understands why I suggested it.

I'm thinking about making this the official queue, just gathering further consensus before doing so. Most people seem to be in favor of this action.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If we make the NZ queue the official queue, you will unfortunately have to sit at the back of the line with me. Don't worry though, I have smores, cookies, and other goodies. :3

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
At this point, people are not required to abide by the NintenZone queue, Natz~. They can advertise anywhere in Decisive Games if they so wish barring extreme cases of spam. Those are the current rules that have been set out, not of my volition, but of the entire Decisive Games forum.

That is why I suggested reinstating the queue and adopting the NZone queue as the official queue. Perhaps vaanrose vaanrose now understands why I suggested it.

I'm thinking about making this the official queue, just gathering further consensus before doing so. Most people seem to be in favor of this action.
oh right i completley forgot about that :V

well eitehr way the main point of it all was to discourage him from posting the new game and instead talk first with everybody

just a simple thing to do just to keep everybody on the same page and not cause confusion

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
If we make the NZ queue the official queue, you will unfortunately have to sit at the back of the line with me. Don't worry though, I have smores, cookies, and other goodies. :3
um.....we don't have lines :V

really the list is just simply who got added first, i mean i guess the higher up ya have more priority? but thats about it,

if our queue becomes official its more of whos got something ready and which player gets the a-okay

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh right i completley forgot about that :V

well eitehr way the main point of it all was to discourage him from posting the new game and instead talk first with everybody

just a simple thing to do just to keep everybody on the same page and not cause confusion
It is unfair to discourage him though because it is within his right to do so in accordance with the forum rules at this point.

I know I probably come off as a semantics clown, but consensus will be important for further integration in the forum. That is why I made the thread, after all.

um.....we don't have lines :V

really the list is just simply who got added first, i mean i guess the higher up ya have more priority? but thats about it,

if our queue becomes official its more of whos got something ready and which player gets the a-okay
It is for all intents and purposes an order of priority, or a line at a grocery store from what I've seen. People are of course free to leave this line whenever they choose, give up their spot, etc. I am aware things are subject to change.

If Person A is before Person B, Person A is at liberty to host their game before Person B UNLESS Person A explicitly states that his game is put on hold, he is abandoning his spot, etc. It's important for discussion to happen of course prior to any action, but this is the implied order of things. That is why Shiny's game is happening right now.

I think this is a fair assessment to make in accordance with what I've seen so far. Do you have an example where things did not happen in accordance with what I've mentioned?

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Just for clarity for those curious, the following thread details the rules for hosting in Decisive Games currently:

https://smashboards.com/threads/lets-shake-things-up.365287/

However, I have made a thread suggesting that the queue be reinstated, and the NZone queue would act as the official queue. That would mean that everyone in Decisive Games would have to abide by the NZ queue as the official queue.

Please voice your opinion in this thread, as it will help provide consensus:

https://smashboards.com/threads/reinstating-the-mafia-queue.455534/

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, right now I'm just gauging interest for the game and also noticing the queue so far having mostly NZoner style games by the looks of it and seeing an opportunity to provide something different you guys might enjoy maybe.
I was mostly thinking of posting a thread for it to show awareness of its existence. To see if people are indeed interested or not, honestly. Plus to show others the differences between the two styles.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
It is unfair to discourage him from though because it is within his right to do so in accordance with the forum rules at this point.

I know I probably come off as a semantics clown, but consensus will be important for further integration in the forum. That is why I made the thread, after all.
um......okay?

so by following the rules it encourages for everyone to just not talk to eachother and start up whenever with no ryhme or coordination?

i mean...rules are rules, but thats just kinda going down into lawful stupid territory and would just thin people out and cause like pointless discord and nothing would happen, literally just talk to people, in fact thats what he did saying was talk about starting his game and just gave a response to talk further after the game is over to see if thats what should be done next

a little community communication goes a long way until whatever gets set up
It is for all intents and purposes an order of priority, or a line at a grocery store. People are of course free to leave this line whenever they choose, give up their spot, etc. I am aware things are subject to change.

If Person A is before Person B, Person A is at liberty to host their game before Person B UNLESS Person A explicitly states that his game is put on hold, he is abandoning his spot, etc. It's important for discussion to happen of course prior to any action, but this is the implied order of things. That is why Shiny's game is happening right now.

I think this is a fair assessment to make in accordance with what I've seen so far. Do you have an example where things did not happen in accordance with what I've mentioned?
...........um.......what?

shinys game is happening cause he basically called dibs next and everyone agreed

and example? ya, this whole thread basically

probably better was capcom mafia, like 3 games were suppose to go in front of it, yet that was the one agreed to do next

even better example was villains, which was suppose to start even further longer ago then when it started but just kept getting sidetracked by other games

theres not really a line...its just a discussion thing

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Yeah, right now I'm just gauging interest for the game and also noticing the queue so far having mostly NZoner style games by the looks of it and seeing an opportunity to provide something different you guys might enjoy maybe.
I was mostly thinking of posting a thread for it to show awareness of its existence. To see if people are indeed interested or not, honestly. Plus to show others the differences between the two styles.
to be honest if ya can at least moderate your game i'll have fun, just don't pull what gorf did, thats literally all that stopped that game from being fun for me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
um......okay?

so by following the rules it encourages for everyone to just not talk to eachother and start up whenever with no ryhme or coordination?

i mean...rules are rules, but thats just kinda going down into lawful stupid territory and would just thin people out and cause like pointless discord and nothing would happen, literally just talk to people, in fact thats what he did saying was talk about starting his game and just gave a response to talk further after the game is over to see if thats what should be done next

a little community communication goes a long way until whatever gets set up

...........um.......what?

shinys game is happening cause he basically called dibs next and everyone agreed

and example? ya, this whole thread basically

probably better was capcom mafia, like 3 games were suppose to go in front of it, yet that was the one agreed to do next

even better example was villains, which was suppose to start even further longer ago then when it started but just kept getting sidetracked by other games

theres not really a line...its just a discussion thing
Since I'm a mod, I can view the edit history of the original post and can subsequently verify that this queue has operated incredibly similar to a line. Shiny's game is happening now because it waited in the queue for months and slowly moved up in priority. It was not just randomly suggested for it to be next. Perhaps you should check the original post more often...

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Since I'm a mod, I can view the edit history of the original post and can subsequently verify that this queue has operated incredibly similar to a line. Shiny's game is happening now because it waited in the queue for months and slowly moved up in priority. It was not just randomly suggested for it to be next. Perhaps you should check the original post more often...
i do, and i actually partcipated in the games

and also know how terrible praline and swamp are at actually managing that list :v

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
to be honest if ya can at least moderate your game i'll have fun, just don't pull what gorf did, thats literally all that stopped that game from being fun for me.
Don't worry, I'd like to think i was an active moderator for the last game i hosted a while back. Plus, if I'm in a circumstance where I know I won't be available for a little bit. I'll either extend the deadline accordingly or seek assistance by having a co host. This will obviously depend on how long I would expect to absent.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yes, we can of course retain discussion about who goes next...it doesn't need to be "rigid" but you have even admitted that there are people ahead of Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier which IMPLIES PEOPLE HAVE PRIORITY :mad::mad::mad:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
And even so, you're unfortunately wrong. :facepalm:
so... the NZers (not really sure if its more than just me or vaan but at least us two) who are telling you that it doesn't have a "first person in line plays" system and instead are flexible...are the ones who wrong are wrong of said thing despite making said thing

.................ok what floats your boat
Yes, we can of course retain discussion about who goes next...it doesn't need to be "rigid" but you have even admitted that there are people ahead of Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier which IMPLIES PEOPLE HAVE PRIORITY :mad::mad::mad:
well yes, they can also decide if he goes next or not, they just been waiting longer doesn't mean they don't have a opinion elsewhere nor if majority decides against cause of something neat

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I guess I'll be the one to bring up the Elephant in the room that keeps getting ignored in this conversation.

Nzone is not here just to play mafia. We're here to play mafia with each other. That's why the original group was formed in the first place.

If the concern is that running multiple games in this forum at once will split the playerbase, that's not going to be an issue for us. If someone chooses to run a game at the same time we're going to, they're more than welcome to. Just don't expect all of us to sign up for it, because we'll be busy playing ours.

So to that end, this forum doesn't need an "official" queue. There's a method to our madness, we'll continue using it, and anybody who doesn't like it is not obligated to abide by it.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Not to mention, it's pretty clear we're not playing the same game as the rest of you. It's basically like trying to argue if we should run Melee or Smash 4. Just run them both and let players gravitate to the one they prefer.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
so... the NZers (not really sure if its more than just me or vaan but at least us two) who are telling you that it doesn't have a "first person in line plays" system and instead are flexible...are the ones who wrong are wrong of said thing despite making said thing

.................ok what floats your boat
Well, the thing is th-

well yes, they can also decide if he goes next or not, they just been waiting longer doesn't mean they don't have a opinion elsewhere nor if majority decides against cause of something neat
Oh, well this changes things. Under what circumstance did the majority "decides against cause of something neat?"

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Well, the thing is th-

Oh, well this changes things. Under what circumstance did the majority "decides against cause of something neat?"
think villains mafia did so, as everyone agreed that should be our finale

though not sure if it counts as villains was being waiting on for so long so ya

other than that pretty sure its just been an agreed upon thing

BarDulL

Town Vampire
think villains mafia did so, as everyone agreed that should be our finale

though not sure if it counts as villains was being waiting on for so long so ya

other than that pretty sure its just been an agreed upon thing
Yes, Villains waited in the queue and was reasonably high on the queue list before being hosted.

You're not really helping your case here. :(

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Yes, Villains waited in the queue and was reasonably high on the queue list before being hosted.

You're not really helping your case here. :(
i'm not really an arguer nor debater or anything like that :V ask anyone and i'm something of a notoriety of being an idiot ^-^'

but your really looking far to black and white that things are set in stone, when the same people who had such thing are telling you its just not

i mean if ya wanna take this thing over what we say, then....sure? whatever float your boat :V as vaan said, there isn't anything official here, we just do what we do :V

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Katt sells herself short, she's explaining it just fine. If at this point it still doesn't make sense to you BardulL, it's best to just leave us to our own devices. We'll do us and you do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom