• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nzone is not here just to play mafia. We're here to play mafia with each other. That's why the original group was formed in the first place.
I think there are people in NZone that will appreciate what Decisive Games has to offer; it's a great opportunity to interact with more people for all of them. It's an opportunity to expand their knowledge of what they appreciate and what they dislike in terms of forum mafia. Ultimately, it is up to them to decide what they want to do. Since a safe consensus has not been gathered yet, no action will be taken. I think as more games occur and more interaction occurs, there will be a more clear road defined moving forward. It seems, to that end, we can agree it's fair to let people attract to what they want.

That said, Decisive Games has rules. Rigid rules. Anyone can host. Anyone can advertise their game. For now.

i'm not really an arguer nor debater or anything like that :V ask anyone and i'm something of a notoriety of being an idiot ^-^'

but your really looking far to black and white that things are set in stone, when the same people who had such thing are telling you its just not

i mean if ya wanna take this thing over what we say, then....sure? whatever float your boat :V as vaan said, there isn't anything official here, we just do what we do :V
I am not looking at this black and white...fine, I will not call it a line if you don't want me to, I'm still saying it shares impeccable characteristics to a line because the queue implies priority. It is not an assembly line; I understand it is flexible and depends on how people feel. If it looks like a line and feels like a line, it's probably a line, but in this case, it's a really flexible order and involves a lot of discussion. I get it.

As I said, I'm awaiting consensus which includes both the input of NZone players and the older veteran DGames player. I am not some draconian dictator...this is a democracy here! I would never just take over something you guys made. :(

Katt sells herself short, she's explaining it just fine. If at this point it still doesn't make sense to you BardulL, it's best to just leave us to our own devices. We'll do us and you do you.
Vaan, this is not a social group. Decisive Games is a public portion of Smashboards. I will of course leave NZone's mafia players to their devices and let it grow organically, but they still must follow the Global Rules as well as the rules of Decisive Games, which includes both abiding by consensus and not discouraging players from hosting or advertising when it is within their right to do so.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Vaan, this is not a social group. Decisive Games is a public portion of Smashboards. I will of course leave NZone's mafia players to their devices and let it grow organically, but it still must follow the Global Rules as well as the rules of Decisive Games, which includes both abiding by consensus and not discouraging players from hosting or advertising when it is within their right to do so.
All I can say at this point is, I think our group is completely capable of self-moderating our own queue the way we've been doing it the past several months. And to that end, the current forum rules are fine as they exist. Let anybody else post a game whenever they want, and we'll just continue doing our thing. If people decide they want to join our queue, then by all means, doing so will ensure more of our players are free to participate in their game. Otherwise they're free to run their game at their discretion with the understanding that our players will likely be busy preparing our next game. I see this as the best course of action for all parties.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
All I can say at this point is, I think our group is completely capable of self-moderating our own queue the way we've been doing it the past several months. And to that end, the current forum rules are fine as they exist. Let anybody else post a game whenever they want, and we'll just continue doing our thing. If people decide they want to join our queue, then by all means, doing so will ensure more of our players are free to participate in their game. Otherwise they're free to run their game at their discretion with the understanding that our players will likely be busy preparing our next game. I see this as the best course of action for all parties.
This thread falls under my jurisdiction as a moderator of this portion of SmashBoards. Generally I will allow this thread to self-regulate in the exception of when rules are broken, which is when I will step in. To be clear, this is how any moderator in my position would act.

If someone spams in this thread, censor dodges, acts in a very toxic manner that goes against the global rules, etcetera, I will be there to put a stop to it and ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Likewise, if someone advertises their game here, they are completely at liberty to do so.

Yes, players of NZone are also completely at liberty not to participate in these aforementioned games, but I encourage NZone players to try other games that are hosted here and interact with other players. Again, it's a great opportunity for you all to broaden your horizons and experience different facets of forum mafia. We're nice and cool dudes/dudettes, and stuff. Granted, I would rather see an integrated queue where games aren't split up, but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
um.....we don't have lines :V

really the list is just simply who got added first, i mean i guess the higher up ya have more priority? but thats about it,

if our queue becomes official its more of whos got something ready and which player gets the a-okay
Isn't a queue a line though? This is the NZ Mafia queue :laugh:

It's a rather flexible line as games can be put on hold, skipped, or taken out of the line, but I think that it can still be a line. It has priority just like a line (for example, Uni and his Smash mafia at #9 couldn't go ahead of my AC mafia at #1 unless I and #2-#8 allowed it to do so), you sign up for it just like a line and wait for your turn... it's a line! :laugh:

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I
I am not looking at this black and white...fine, I will not call it a line if you don't want me to, I'm still saying it shares impeccable characteristics to a line because the queue implies priority. It is not an assembly line; I understand it is flexible and depends on how people feel. If it looks like a line and feels like a line, it's probably a line, but in this case, it's a really flexible order and involves a lot of discussion. I get it.

As I said, I'm awaiting consensus which includes both the input of NZone players and the older veteran DGames player. I am not some draconian dictator...this is a democracy here! I would never just take over something you guys made. :(
.....ok
Vaan, this is not a social group. Decisive Games is a public portion of Smashboards. I will of course leave NZone's mafia players to their devices and let it grow organically, but they still must follow the Global Rules as well as the rules of Decisive Games, which includes both abiding by consensus and not discouraging players from hosting or advertising when it is within their right to do so.
i did that to encourage fire to talk his game with everybody, ya know ya say ya want us to conform in the same community and see what everyone has to offfer and crap so thats what i actually did or attempted

and thats what brought about this whole thing i guess, trying to integral a community, probably all this has done is just encourage lines to be drawn in the sand then any form of cohesion
Yes, players of NZone are also completely at liberty not to participate in these aforementioned games, but I encourage NZone players to try other games that are hosted here and interact with other players. Again, it's a great opportunity for you all to broaden your horizons and experience different facets of forum mafia. We're nice and cool dudes/dudettes, and stuff. Granted, I would rather see an integrated queue where games aren't split up, but we'll see what happens.
....i attempted that

and apparently the rules go against that

so.....theres a pretty big disconnect here of what you want but what your doing
Isn't a queue a line though? This is the NZ Mafia queue :laugh:

It's a rather flexible line as games can be put on hold, skipped, or taken out of the line, but I think that it can still be a line. It has priority just like a line (for example, Uni and his Smash mafia at #9 couldn't go ahead of my AC mafia at #1 unless I and #2-#8 allowed it to do so), you sign up for it just like a line and wait for your turn... it's a line! :laugh:
its never felt or been one to me :V seems to me communicating and deciding came first then placement

D

Deleted member

I think you guys are starting unnecessary drama. This isn't the NintenZone group, this is Decisive Games, we can't just waltz in here expecting things to work our way. We didn't have much of a choice in coming here but we need to understand this is a public section of Smashboards.

Like, Smashboards is the UN, we're Israel and DGames is Palestine, let's not start a war here.

Maven89

Smash Master
I think Natz is overreacting toward the issue at hand, I’ve seen little actual conflict outside of the mafia game, which really happened because no one really knew what they were getting into. When it comes to this, I ask that you guys try to be respectful while we engage in the transition of being predominately Nzoners.

This might have seen to be a vacant that you could move in and claim, but there’s still people that live here, and more than that we are very attached to it. Dgames has been around for a decade, people like Marshy started playing here when they were 14. When you have a place for that long, you become emotionally attached to it. Most of us have gotten to an age where we can’t reliably play mafia all the time, which is the only reason this place seemed dead, but many of us still posted here, we stayed in contact here because it’s important to us. To have a bunch of people show up and demand everything changes to conform to them is essentiallyasking us to destroy it. I have no doubt that over time things will change to accommodate the majority, but it will have to be slow and gradual. social groups were evaporated, dgames forum was not.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
.......what? um i'm saying to bardul about how our line isn't actually a line, instead a flexible thing

not.....overreacting to conflict?

katts lost @~@

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
and anyway, we really don't wanna run and destroy your home or anything :V

**** i wanted to encourage fire to basically to basically communicate with us, which started this whole thing cause that was apparenlty agaisnt a rule? i'm still mostly lost on everything and just spoke on mind :V

really the invader jokes are just that, jokes, we don't want to disclude nor sperate you guys here, we wanna integrate :V

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We’re gonna play our games how we play and you can play yours the way you do and wether or not either side wants to join the others games is entirely of their volition.

D

Deleted member

So, since my semester is almost over, I'd like to ask the users in front of me in the queue if they'd be okay with me hosting my game sometime during July.

Natz~ Natz~
And regardless of their answer, expect me to PM you the roles for balancing this weekend. You were the only one who submitted me a role after all lol and I've been doing too many modifications and additions to them without actually thinking of balance.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
So, since my semester is almost over, I'd like to ask the users in front of me in the queue if they'd be okay with me hosting my game sometime during July.

Natz~ Natz~
And regardless of their answer, expect me to PM you the roles for balancing this weekend. You were the only one who submitted me a role after all lol and I've been doing too many modifications and additions to them without actually thinking of balance.

katt wins by default jerks!

anyway no problem, i'lll probably have nothing to do for the next 2 weeks, send them my way anytime

D

Deleted member

You know what? I am skipping three mafia games after my mafia game.
I have been the worst host in existence and I feel like I do not deserve to be a mafia player.
I will think about joining Coricus's Kid Icarus mafia.

I am deeply sorry if I hurt anyone through my horrible decisions.

I feel ashamed of myself.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You know what? I am skipping three mafia games after my mafia game.
I have been the worst host in existence and I feel like I do not deserve to be a mafia player.
I will think about joining Coricus's Kid Icarus mafia.

I am deeply sorry if I hurt anyone through my horrible decisions.

I feel ashamed of myself.
Any emotional discomfort that has occurred is absolutely not your fault, and we will all discuss this more thoroughly when the game is over. In my eyes, you're absolutely fine, Shiny.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
In my eyes, you're absolutely fine, Shiny.
Barney...

you never call ME "absolutely fine"... :(

I thought we had something special...

sorry but i thought this was really hilarious lol

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Shiny though you've been a great host!!!! these roles are really creative and I can't remember the last time the NZone had a game that was actually on time each phase, and not like two hours late consistently!!!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shiny this is your first time hosting a mafia. As long as you've learned from this it's all good.

D

Deleted member

I will not skip three mafia games, I change my mind.
Still disappointed though...

D

Deleted member

Shiny though you've been a great host!!!! these roles are really creative and I can't remember the last time the NZone had a game that was actually on time each phase, and not like two hours late consistently!!!
You know, I really appreciate that compliment. There were only like two compliments I got in that game and I got another one.
Thank you man. Really, thank you. :)

Also give some thanks to Jojalole Jojalole please. He deserves it more.

D

Deleted member

Any emotional discomfort that has occurred is absolutely not your fault, and we will all discuss this more thoroughly when the game is over. In my eyes, you're absolutely fine, Shiny.
Oh and I forgot to thank you too.
Without you the game would of been a mess.
Thank you so much. :)

D

Deleted member

Actually, I still feel really burned out about how my game turned into an emotional wasteland...
So...
Yes, I will be skipping four games.
All mafia games require emotional stuff, but my mafia game was too much for us hosts to handle.

Edit: This post is basically useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So assuming the queue is still correct, it's Pokechu then me?

D

Deleted member

I was gonna ask if we are ever gonna get around doing White's Game of Thrones mafia but I can't recall the last time I saw him.
So I guess it's now Pokechu Pokechu

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I was gonna ask if we are ever gonna get around doing White's Game of Thrones mafia but I can't recall the last time I saw him.
naaaaaah you can go on ahead!! I think you should go first, you only have July to do yours so if it was me I'd want to get hosting out of the way so I could use the rest of the month for myself! You go on ahead! :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh damn I completely forgot about White's game.

D

Deleted member

naaaaaah you can go on ahead!! I think you should go first, you only have July to do yours so if it was me I'd want to get hosting out of the way so I could use the rest of the month for myself! You go on ahead! :laugh:
Oh thanks for that, I still have to ask all the others who are ahead of me.
So, Opossum Opossum what's your take on this?

D

Deleted member

I'd like to host my own mafia game at some point. I've never actually done that before though so I might need some help.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh thanks for that, I still have to ask all the others who are ahead of me.
So, Opossum Opossum what's your take on this?
If you want to swap spots with Pokechu that's fine with me. Either way it'd just be one game between now and mine. :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
If you want to swap spots with Pokechu that's fine with me. Either way it'd just be one game between now and mine. :p
oh wait this brings up a good question

am I switching spots w/ Shish (he becomes first while I become eighth) or is Shish just cutting the line and becoming first, making me second, and so on? Since because Shish has been said he needs to host in July I thought it'd be the latter and Idrc either way (even if getting knocked to eighth would be OOF lol) but it'd be neat to know

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
oh wait this brings up a good question

am I switching spots w/ Shish (he becomes first while I become eighth) or is Shish just cutting the line and becoming first, making me second, and so on? Since because Shish has been said he needs to host in July I thought it'd be the latter and Idrc either way (even if getting knocked to eighth would be OOF lol) but it'd be neat to know
I mean cutting the line completely is sort of unfair to those who've been waiting, so that's why I assumed it was a swap.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I mean cutting the line completely is sort of unfair to those who've been waiting, so that's why I assumed it was a swap.
ehhhh shish has said (on the 12th page on this thread) all the way back in march (so like after PokeMafia?) that he really needed to host in March
Also, all that I ask is so that I can host my game during July, because it'll be the only month I'll have proper time for it.
Of course, that'll be up to whoever will be on the queue when the time comes, if they say they want to host theirs, then they have all right to but I'm asking this already just so you all can know.

"Silly, that's implying there was ever a 4th wall to begin with."
that's why I thought he'd just skip/cut, because that's like three/four months in advance, instead of him just popping in and saying "move me 20 spaces up"

and I think it'd be unfair to my cohost (and I but I really think Shish should go first so I won't be bothered much) if they had to sit around waiting until the dead end of the year for someone who should get a pass for skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom