• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ricochet is a better fit for JoJo, I think. It's more about action. Why sit around arguing with someone if you can just smack them around with your Stand?

or why not both?
Just to leave on record I am actually currently working on a Jojo Ricochet after all. Inspiration struck me and some of the ideas I wanted for another game translate much better to it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ricochet is a better fit for JoJo, I think. It's more about action. Why sit around arguing with someone if you can just smack them around with your Stand?

or why not both?
I don’t really know how that works but sounds good.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don’t really know how that works but sounds good.
Basic idea of Ricochet is it's a free-for-all where the objective is to be the last person standing. You get three basic actions:
- shoot another player to make them take damage
- shoot yourself to reflect shots against you, but if nobody hits you you take damage instead
- shoot air to do nothing, leaving yourself open to attack but also avoiding the risk of your attack being turned back on you

You do one of these each phase, and try to either kill or outlive the other players.

It has a lot less focus on diplomacy compared to Mafia, so even if you're a terrible liar you can still get pretty far. :p Less time-consuming, too except for the host. And you can throw in basically any amount of actions you like, so it can get crazier than even full role madness in Mafia.

Have a look at some of the previous games we had like this one I did, and you can probably get an idea of how it works.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
There is a huge list of upcoming games. If one wanted to host a game, realistically how long would it take for it to be their turn?

Also, is there a small game going on right now? We used to do a small game and a large game at the same time.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There is a huge list of upcoming games. If one wanted to host a game, realistically how long would it take for it to be their turn?

Also, is there a small game going on right now? We used to do a small game and a large game at the same time.
We only really do one game at a time since we don’t have a huge player base and honestly at the rate we are going if you went in the queue your game probably wouldn’t start until like November and that’s just being generous.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

There has also been a recent push to ignore the queue entirely, so I'm not sure where that will go.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
praline praline two questions then - q1: how do you feel having 1 small and 1 large at a time would help or hinder your ability to fill games? and q2: if i can reach out to players on my own and provide a full game with replacements, can i host it asap?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Just gonna clarify that the queue isn’t set in stone per se. People can just host whenever. It’s obvious though that peeps generally don’t have time for multiple games and spreading players thin is a bad idea in this small group. I think a queue makes things fair for a small group under these circumstances.

Obviously some people at the back of the line or those who aren’t already in the queue will generally not be excited about this and would prefer no queue instead but I think longevity and sustainment are important.

But I’m not going to be draconian or whatever about it sooo yeah do what y’all want.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo for anyone who's about to run a game I have a favor to ask.

Can I shadow someone to see how the hosting process works? Like I won't actually be involved with the process I just want to see how it's all done for when I run my own game. Because I know i'm going to make a lot of mistakes running my game lol.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
- Etrian Odyssey Mafia but literally all the roles are EO memes that only the two of us will get
I wasn't entirely joking here :p I guess stick EO mafia in the "eventually" pile for now. And if she's still interested, put @Shishœ down as host too. :p

assuming we're still following the queue, right

also i still need to finish up the AA mafia too, I suck at time management

D

Deleted member

Can you put me on the queue, I like playing mafia/werewolf and I've been itching to play sometime.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Can you put me on the queue, I like playing mafia/werewolf and I've been itching to play sometime.
If you wanna play, you need to wait for a game that has signups open. This is the queue for hosting games.

Only game open at the moment is UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin 's Ricochet game, which might not be what you're looking for. So just hang around and wait for a new game to open up, I guess.

D

Deleted member

If you wanna play, you need to wait for a game that has signups open. This is the queue for hosting games.

Only game open at the moment is UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin 's Ricochet game, which might not be what you're looking for. So just hang around and wait for a new game to open up, I guess.
I see, thanks. I'll keep a check on it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Oh wow, --- --- 's here. Had I been in the backroom when sign ups were held for Tomafia, I would have seriously considered joining. Probably would have run out of time while considering but still, the thought counts, no?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh wow, --- --- 's here. Had I been in the backroom when sign ups were held for Tomafia, I would have seriously considered joining. Probably would have run out of time while considering but still, the thought counts, no?
Hey Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal , I know that you haven't had the chance to play with me at all because you stopped exactly when I started, but I have a Ricochet game up right now. I was hoping that I could get 12 people in the game (13 was my original number, but I don't need as many as I thought), so I'd love it if you could check it out and see how you're feeling about the game, if you're looking for something to do that is. Rico's pretty fun.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've played a few Decisive Game mafias with the NintenZone regulars, just not in recent months. Mafia is fun but can be a time commitment and a source of short term stress. I'm also not always familiar with the source material for themed mafias.

Good to see you checking in every so often.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Nah, I'd have trouble staying as active as I'd like. Games filled with old friends like --- do tempt me though.
I've played a few Decisive Game mafias with the NintenZone regulars, just not in recent months. Mafia is fun but can be a time commitment and a source of short term stress. I'm also not always familiar with the source material for themed mafias.

Good to see you checking in every so often.
AGREED.

Yeah, Holder brought me back for a game at the end of last summer and I've popped in and out since then. Hopefully, it works out that we're in a game together again!

D

Deleted member

May as well reveal the theme I have planned even though I have made no progress on the roles. I figured I should get an idea on how people would receive this kind of game.

World of Light: The Final Battle

It won't be like a normal game of Mafia. Rather, it's like the Safari Zone round. And there are two "Trainers" that are against each other along with the Town.

Does that at all sound interesting, or am I wasting my time with coming up with ideas for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
May as well reveal the theme I have planned even though I have made no progress on the roles. I figured I should get an idea on how people would receive this kind of game.

It won't be like a normal game of Mafia. Rather, it's like the Safari Zone round. And there are two "Trainers" that are against each other along with the Town.

Does that at all sound interesting, or am I wasting my time with coming up with ideas for this?
Sounds fun.

How would you handle it if both cult leaders target someone on the same night? If someone has been recruited into one cult, and in a later phase get targeted by the other what would happen? You don’t have to answer either question right now, but these are just two you should Know how you would handle before the game starts.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Sounds fun to me. That’s similar to how my Safari Zoned 2 was gonna go.

D

Deleted member

Sounds fun.

How would you handle it if both cult leaders target someone on the same night? If someone has been recruited into one cult, and in a later phase get targeted by the other what would happen? You don’t have to answer either question right now, but these are just two you should Know how you would handle before the game starts.
Both scenarios result in a failure to recruit.

Or in the first scenario, whichever side issued the command first, probably. Still deciding.

Last edited by a moderator:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'll get on to that eventually, wanna first do my current Pokemon Ricochet but that'll only happen after you finish your own game :p
(I understand that you have a game out that is waiting on mine. I did not mean to make the game so reliant on chip damage. But then again, I've also been waiting for submissions because I hate people not being able to make the move they want to. Expect results tonight though :))

Mafia mafia must be published i m m e d i a t e l y after though :p That was my point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

(I understand that you have a game out that is waiting on mine. I did not mean to make the game so reliant on chip damage. But then again, I've also been waiting for submissions because I hate people not being able to make the move they want to. Expect results tonight though :))

Mafia mafia must be published i m m e d i a t e l y after though :p That was my point.
Not blaming you, even if I had done Poke Ricochet already, I want to wait until this semester is over to deal with a mafia game again.
Besides, I have, like, 10% of it completed

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This reminds me I have stuff I've been working on too and... forgotten about until now, pretty much.

@Shishœ I had done some work on roles for EO mafia, do you want to wait on that until you have more free time or should I just send them whenever?

Also have an FE Ricochet which I dunno if I mentioned here yet, but it exists. I think it's actually mostly done except for balancing stuff, but it's probably not going up too soon anyway.

But there are a few other games ahead of the queue to go first, so no rush, I guess. :b

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
This reminds me I have stuff I've been working on too and... forgotten about until now, pretty much.

@Shishœ I had done some work on roles for EO mafia, do you want to wait on that until you have more free time or should I just send them whenever?

Also have an FE Ricochet which I dunno if I mentioned here yet, but it exists. I think it's actually mostly done except for balancing stuff, but it's probably not going up too soon anyway.

But there are a few other games ahead of the queue to go first, so no rush, I guess. :b
Would we get to pick our own characters in FE Ricochet?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Would we get to pick our own characters in FE Ricochet?
There are 25 characters to choose from, and you pick two - first come, first served. So not exactly "your own", but instead more similar to what I did for EO Ricochet.
(The odd one is Xane, who takes up two slots because of his unique mechanics.)

D

Deleted member

Send me them on the weekend, kinda have some assignments I need to work on today and tomorrow

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I cannot guarantee any of the characters mentioned will be in the game (for now).
But if you know me well enough you can probably guess at a good chunk of the ones that will be in it. :b

For the most part I went with variety of ability options (weapons and classes) over popularity, so there might be some controversial omissions, though. :b

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I cannot guarantee any of the characters mentioned will be in the game (for now).
But if you know me well enough you can probably guess at a good chunk of the ones that will be in it. :b

For the most part I went with variety of ability options (weapons and classes) over popularity, so there might be some controversial omissions, though. :b
moydow is breaking our relationship... you're being a killjoy!

meet me in forum support

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Pokechu Pokechu

With the knowledge that I have of FE Ricochet, I can assure you that [REDACTED] is [REDACTED]. In other words, you're just gonna have to wait, because it will be very entertaining. :p

I'm kidding, I can let you know some stuff.

I know nothing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom